Marcus Bent

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

squiz18

Marcus Bent

Post by squiz18 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:04 pm

If he was allowed to play ,would you want him??

( he probably would try as there will be loads watching him and it could result in premiership football which is what he wants

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu May 13, 2004 9:07 pm

I think he's lazy but i think we could do with the strength and the shooting ability

DeIpswich

Re: Marcus Bent

Post by DeIpswich » Thu May 13, 2004 9:07 pm

squiz18 wrote:If he was allowed to play ,would you want him??

( he probably would try as there will be loads watching him and it could result in premiership football which is what he wants
I think I'd want him back for the 2nd leg, and final (if we get there)
I'd stick him on the bench- if things aren't going well give him 15/20mins- he can make something outta nothing.

chris

Post by chris » Thu May 13, 2004 9:09 pm

The guys who battled all year should finish off their own hard work....

ITFCJAMES

Post by ITFCJAMES » Thu May 13, 2004 9:21 pm

yeh, i agree chrisavo. anyway, he said publicly that he wanted 2 stay at leicester, so let him stay, let the boys work for what they've worked for over 46 games...

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu May 13, 2004 10:23 pm

chrisavo wrote:The guys who battled all year should finish off their own hard work....
Exactly right, chrisavo, I'm with you on this one.

Who like to tell Naylor, Bowditch or Shefki they aren't involved in the game?

We wouldn't have any corner flags left!

baxterbasics

Post by baxterbasics » Fri May 14, 2004 12:56 am

I voted to forgive him if he scores the winner in the final.

But my two cents is that we should just trust Joe on this one. He knows the team better than we do, when he talks to Marcus he will be in the best position to know how motivated - if at all - Marcus feels when it comes to scoring goals for us again. As for what effect this would have on the other members of the team, again that is a problem for Joe to assess and I say lets trust him to make the decision.

I for one certainly wont be complaining if Marcus scores the winner at Cardiff. Maybe it will push his value up a bit!

ITFCJAMES

Post by ITFCJAMES » Fri May 14, 2004 7:07 am

but his £17k a week wages r 2 much...mayb if he scored the winner at cardiff, i might start to forgive him, but up until then, no way marcus bent, i dont want u playing for ipswich

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri May 14, 2004 9:12 am

chrisavo wrote:The guys who battled all year should finish off their own hard work....
exactly!! why should some jumped up fairy be able to go out on loan all season and then come back just for the play-offs, it's just not right! especially bearing in ming if he had given it 100% when he was playing for us we would probably have been promoted by now.

lukeitfc

Post by lukeitfc » Fri May 14, 2004 11:41 am

even though he is a good player he never performed as well for us as he has done for leicester this season. maybe its because he doesn't like playing in the first division. i think we should use the forwards we have used all season

Westie

Post by Westie » Fri May 14, 2004 3:35 pm

no but id forgive him if he scored the winner

mini

Post by mini » Fri May 14, 2004 7:07 pm

No. I don't think we would win the play-offs with him on the pitch. I don't think he works as hard as he should or could do for us and wouldn't put him on the pitch for the play-offs and certainly not the final if we reach that stage.

:D

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Fri May 14, 2004 7:31 pm

squiz18 wrote:If he was allowed to play ,would you want him??

Say what you want about Marcus but he's always been an Ipswich players and he didnt leave us, we wanted to get rid of him for a year.

Westie

Post by Westie » Fri May 14, 2004 7:33 pm

Tbh he is premiership class hes showed that, if he took a massive pay cut wouldnt mind him staying

jono

Post by jono » Fri May 14, 2004 7:39 pm

i think marcus bent is great i dont know y a few ppl disagree cos hes a good player with experience and ur all like no i dont like him how sad r u?

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri May 14, 2004 7:42 pm

I don't really want Marcus back, but if he comes back and wants to play for the team and shows effort I will take him back, if he doesn't and wants to play for himself he should not play UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

If he does not try and does not show the effort if he does play he should be taken off STRAIGHT away.

jono

Post by jono » Fri May 14, 2004 7:55 pm

i bet u wouldnt all be saying all this crap if he did come back and scored a hat-trick or something at the final of cardiff ( if we get there that is so i think if he doesn play u should see how he performs b4 u jump to any conclusions and start moaning. :!: :!: :!:

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri May 14, 2004 7:58 pm

Fact is for the majority of last season he didn't give a sh*t.

jono

Post by jono » Fri May 14, 2004 8:12 pm

oh cru your massive he will prove all u wrong i hope cos i hate it when ppl moan about a player

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri May 14, 2004 8:17 pm

Even when it's justified?

jono

Post by jono » Fri May 14, 2004 8:27 pm

jus your a loser

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri May 14, 2004 8:32 pm

Why? All I ask from our team is that they put 100% effort in, Marcus Didn't do that for a good percentage of last season, if Marcus put the effort in he would be in my team nearly every week if not every week as he has undoubted talent, however he doesn't use it to the best effect.

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri May 14, 2004 8:32 pm

oi oi no scuffles now. Jono, everyone knows Marcus Bent is a lazy, greedy tw*t who only goes to clubs for money. Jus, there's always someone out there bound to support him through thick and thin even when he still a Town player although not at heart

jono

Post by jono » Fri May 14, 2004 8:45 pm

ok well i know he bent can be a lazy c**t but lets wait until hes playing for the team again and then judge him

Jus

Post by Jus » Fri May 14, 2004 8:48 pm

I don't doubt that he is a good player, thing is I don't think you can really take risks at this stage of the season, if you play him and he doesn't try or put the effort in that could be the difference between sucess and failure.

However having him on the bench is probbably the best option, I don't think he will start.

But most of all Royle should talk about it with the squad and let them make the decision, if they do not want him to play for the team, he should not.

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri May 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Jus wrote:I don't doubt that he is a good player, thing is I don't think you can really take risks at this stage of the season, if you play him and he doesn't try or put the effort in that could be the difference between sucess and failure.

However having him on the bench is probbably the best option, I don't think he will start.

But most of all Royle should talk about it with the squad and let them make the decision, if they do not want him to play for the team, he should not.
Agreed. Benty could actually prove quite useful with his Premiership experience but i probably think the bench is the place for him- bring him o if we need him