What went wrong?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

baxterbasics

What went wrong?

Post by baxterbasics » Wed May 19, 2004 1:32 am

Why did town lose?

Jus

Post by Jus » Wed May 19, 2004 1:33 am

Simple fact was we wasn't good enough on the night, no need for any excuses.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed May 19, 2004 1:36 am

We wern't good enough on the night! :cry:

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Wed May 19, 2004 2:23 am

west ham looked more up for it

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Wed May 19, 2004 7:12 am

if we cud have played like we did in the last 5/10 minutes, we wudn't ave lost 2-0.

jolly's bird

Post by jolly's bird » Wed May 19, 2004 7:17 am

we were poor in midfield, and Town only really seemed o get the fight in them for the last 10 minutes...they needed to put some passion into earlier!...and to be fair to Town, West Ham were on good form...

:cry: :wink:

Mork

Re: What went wrong?

Post by Mork » Wed May 19, 2004 10:07 am

baxterbasics wrote:Why did town lose?
Why cant people just accept that West Ham played a blinder - we weren't even that poor, I just think we weren't allowed into the game - they played us of the pitch, end of story.

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Wed May 19, 2004 10:10 am

we always gave the ball to them...midfield was sh*t...very slow....looked bit better when reuser came on tho...maybe its tym jim finished at town...hes to slow..and he hold play up 2 mch

chris

Post by chris » Wed May 19, 2004 2:31 pm

Jus wrote:Simple fact was we wasn't good enough on the night, no need for any excuses.
West Ham outplayed us more than wee outplayed them in the first leg. My mate is a big West Ham fan too - it makes it easier to take now that he is on the other side of the world! :)

Westie

Post by Westie » Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

The players weren't hungry enough for the win

chris

Post by chris » Wed May 19, 2004 3:25 pm

:shock: :shock:
I can't believe 50% of voters so far (7) think that our players weren't hungry enough! What a joke! you think they all wanted to be in Div 1 next season on lower wages, not knowing even if they would be in the squad at all?

You guys need to step back for a week and think about it again when you've cooled down I think. Not hungry enough??? Illogical.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu May 20, 2004 1:21 pm

chrisavo wrote::shock: :shock:
I can't believe 50% of voters so far (7) think that our players weren't hungry enough! What a joke! you think they all wanted to be in Div 1 next season on lower wages, not knowing even if they would be in the squad at all?

You guys need to step back for a week and think about it again when you've cooled down I think. Not hungry enough??? Illogical.
I think that what they meant to say is that a few of our players seem to lack the big match temperament - too many times in big matches this season certain of our players (especially midfielders) have just frozen.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Thu May 20, 2004 1:32 pm

rossi wrote:

I think that what they meant to say is that a few of our players seem to lack the big match temperament - too many times in big matches this season certain of our players (especially midfielders) have just frozen.
rossi....have you got your name on the back of your football shirt?...Blue susie thought she saw you at West Ham and we tried to find you but you dissappeared into the crowd :(

ATB

Post by ATB » Thu May 20, 2004 1:41 pm

rossi wrote:

maybe that's what some people think.. but the impression i get is that some people on this website think that the players didn't care, or try or something along the lines of that.... which doesn't make any sense... i agree completely with toby has said.. to think that the players wouldn't want promotion is ridiculous..

jono

Post by jono » Thu May 20, 2004 8:39 pm

the fact of the matter is that west ham wanted to win more than ipswich did and so much for the attacking plan joe we were hopeless at attacking and i think west ham deserved to win and there should be no excuses and i thought there first goal was great deserved it