Germany v Holland

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ITFC_MGW

Post by ITFC_MGW » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:45 pm

1-1 boring game

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:56 pm

Good game, Holland slightly lucky to come away with a point but that's football.

Did anyone catch Schmeichel and Hansen talking about David James at half time? They agreed with me that Henry was going nowhere and that if James had stood up and forced him wide he wouldn't have been able to get a shot away... :?

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:59 pm

Lewis wrote:Good game, Holland slightly lucky to come away with a point but that's football.

Did anyone catch Schmeichel and Hansen talking about David James at half time? They agreed with me that Henry was going nowhere and that if James had stood up and forced him wide he wouldn't have been able to get a shot away... :?

not sure about that , henry would probably squezed it in , i dont think he was right to dive in with his feet though what was he hoping to achieve from that ??

Westie

Post by Westie » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:56 am

Westie wrote:1-1 boring game
:D Arent i good

toby

Post by toby » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:37 pm

Lewis wrote:Good game, Holland slightly lucky to come away with a point but that's football.

After repeated viewings I think James was at least partially at fault for both goals, especially the freekick.

If you watch it the freekick goes into the goal in exactly the position where James should've been standing!

Why was he trying to cover the wall's side of the goal?

And for the penalty why come out feet first?
The whole point of being a goalie is that you can use your hands!

Was he worried about getting a boot in the face?
I hate "pretty boy" goalies, goalkeepers should have a face like a bag full of spanners and not be afraid to get a kick in the face!