premiership champions 2004/2005

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

jono

premiership champions 2004/2005

Post by jono » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:17 pm

i think that it will be a close title race this year with about 4 teams involed hard to say who is going to win it but i think it will be Arsenal once more with Liverpool coming 2nd Man Utd 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

your views

Fully

Post by Fully » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:28 pm

Liverpool outside chance boro are going to be in and around as are the brum bolton and charlton

Table
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man U
4. Liverpool
5. Middlesborough
6. Newcastle
7. Birmingham
8. Charlton
9. Aston Villa
10. Bolton

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:30 pm

arsenal

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:10 pm

I can't see anyone stopping Arsenal.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:57 pm

Norwich.

harry62

Post by harry62 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:04 pm

I'm with Sid on this one.LOL.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 pm

harry62 wrote:I'm with Sid on this one.LOL.
But at least I managed to say it with a straight face!

Rach

Post by Rach » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:30 pm

Arsenal

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:48 pm

1. Arsenal
2. Man Yoo
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
18. WBA
19. Norwich
20. Palace

I'd put money on it.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:51 pm

1 man utd - I reckon fergusen will fire them up for another title
2 chelsea - not just yet for mourinho
3 arsenal - Arrogance selfdestruct
4 liverpool - Closed the gap but still not enough
5 newcastle " "
6 middlesborough - A close 6th , if not higher , good team shaping up
7 birmingham - Brucie wonder
8 aston villa - Carlton cole and Angel to blast them to high table
9 charlton - Go matt
10 bolton - Big sam has another good season

18 Everton scrape in all this rooney rubbish will crap them right up
19 Crystal Palace
20 Norwich ( i hope :lol: )

theres my 2 cents anyway

crazee

Post by crazee » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:53 pm

Man utd, or Chelsea

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:55 pm

Col-Blue wrote:arsenal
I dunno why everyone's saying Arsenal - they ain't signed anyone of any importance, they're likely to lose a more of their aging stars, Henry is over-rated, and Vierra is likely off to Real! Chelsea are a whole world of pain waiting to happen, I reckon the new man is gonna get a real hard intro to the Premiership - but we shall see.

Man U always come back all guns blazing - they've got Smith in, Ferdie back, and I reckon will be unstoppable.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:05 pm

Mork wrote:I dunno why everyone's saying Arsenal - they ain't signed anyone of any importance
They won the league and were undefeated last season, so if it aint broke dont fix it.

jono

Post by jono » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:18 pm

the reason i would say arsenal is because they had they season where there players all seemed to gel together which showed that they had the right balanced squad and all players were playing there rolls at a high level teams like chelsea are rebuilding and there players will not perform as well because they havent had enough time to get used to playing with different players and man utd had a crap season last year by there standards and they are not the team they used to be but that could all change and teams like middlesbrough are bringing new players but i dont expect them to perform like they are expected to because again not enough time to get used to playing with a different set up and team players. where as u take arsenal they went through the season unbeaten and if there players play like they did last season i wouldnt mind betting they are the favorites to take the championship once more.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:35 am

Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote:I dunno why everyone's saying Arsenal - they ain't signed anyone of any importance
They won the league and were undefeated last season, so if it aint broke dont fix it.
Just what I was thinking, there's no need for them to buy big this year because they have already got a winning team. Vieira has been leaving for the last 4 years but he's still at Arsenal, he won't go anywhere. And they have signed a very good player in Van Persie. Man U will be strong but they won't be as good as the gooners :wink:

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:38 am

Gaz wrote:
Dazza wrote:
Just what I was thinking, there's no need for them to buy big this year because they have already got a winning team. Vieira has been leaving for the last 4 years but he's still at Arsenal, he won't go anywhere. And they have signed a very good player in Van Persie. Man U will be strong but they won't be as good as the gooners :wink:
yeah but i reckon them going unbeaten last season will put more pressure on , i dont think they will win , i think Man u + chelsea wil be too strong and too eager for the title

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:40 am

CHELSKI ALL THE BLOODY WAY !!!!!!!! they would have had it last year if it wasnt for a freak season by the gooners :)

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:42 am

I can't see Arsenal going all season without losing again, but they won't lose many games.

runningout

Post by runningout » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:44 am

Middlesborough !!

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:58 am

LOL boro all the way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Twatle w*nk to score 40goals !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:59 am

Boro :lol:

royleoasis

Post by royleoasis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:10 am

1. Man Utd
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Newcastle (good luck sir bob)
5. Liverpool

19. Norwich
20. Palace

I think we'll see a different utd this year. Chelsea will go in with confidence, but i think Mourinho has underestimated how hard a league the Premiership is. Too many possibles to choose from for 18th place, again the relegation battle could offer more entertainment than how the top 5 places finish.
I'd love to see Bobby's Newcastle challenge the top three in what could be his last year. But i think Newcastle haven't made the cutting edge transfers they needed at the end of last season.
Anyway! i can't wait for the season to start :D :D :D :D

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:14 am

no nor can i , it should be good , with alot of prem teams bucking their ideas up ( middlesbourough ,birmingham ,aston villa ,bolton etc )

should be close for a 5th finish im reckon

and as you said the most exciting bit will probably be the relgation battle , i cant wait for the crying kid with " we love you _______ " written on his stomach !!!!

royleoasis

Post by royleoasis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:37 am

squiz18 wrote:i cant wait for the crying kid with " we love you _______ " written on his stomach !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And we all know who we hope he supports. :wink:

I agree that Middlesborough are looking a far better outfit than last season. Although i don't see Villa finishing as high as they did, although fair play to O'Leary, he's done a great job there since taking over.

The ONLY benifit about supporting a "championship" side is that you can sit back and enjoy the Premiership without the stress. But hopefully we'll all be stressed out with anticipation in 12 months time. :D

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:38 am

Dazza wrote:
Yeah, I guess. I'm biased, I just f***ing hate gooners.

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:39 am

Gaz wrote:
Dazza wrote:
Well this year, Vierra is going. Mark my words. I'm surrounded by Gooners, and for a team that did so well last season, they ain't half depressed.

4eva_itfc

Post by 4eva_itfc » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:49 pm

Mork wrote:
Col-Blue wrote:arsenal
I dunno why everyone's saying Arsenal - they ain't signed anyone of any importance, they're likely to lose a more of their aging stars, Henry is over-rated, and Vierra is likely off to Real! Chelsea are a whole world of pain waiting to happen, I reckon the new man is gonna get a real hard intro to the Premiership - but we shall see.

Man U always come back all guns blazing - they've got Smith in, Ferdie back, and I reckon will be unstoppable.
Despite them not signing anyone, Wenger seems to have a nack for turning his younger players into quality players - look at toure, who would have thought he would of had such a great season? and they've bought that van persie, and reyes is still yet to peak in my opinion! as long as campbell and toure stay fit, my money is on arsenal!!

cityangel

Post by cityangel » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:48 pm

ShannockSid wrote:Norwich.
I think you are taking the p*** .Think we may surprise a few people next season but dont think we will surprise them that much Sid.

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:51 pm

Dazza wrote:
Agreed could see them going unbeaten again well u never know.

Man Utd will do nothing alan smith o yeah brillant man utd should be a world class team and alan smith cant get in the england team says it all really man utd should be buying people like figo ronaldo not alan smith

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:53 pm

cityangel wrote:
ShannockSid wrote:Norwich.
I think you are taking the p*** .Think we may surprise a few people next season but dont think we will surprise them that much Sid.
Me? Whatever do you mean?

I have great confidence in your team, you stand a much better chance of winning the Prem next season than we do.