Sheepshanks Stay or Go

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Jus

Sheepshanks Stay or Go

Post by Jus » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:33 pm

And I know someones about to say well who would you replace him with, but if it was up to you, If Sheepshanks offered to step down, would you be happy.
Last edited by Jus on Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:34 pm

Sheepshanks ou....

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:35 pm

so who is coming to my party then :lol:

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:36 pm

Sheepshanks ou....

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:36 pm

Sheepshanks ou....

Ooops! Broken record........ sorry :oops:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:37 pm

...be absloutley horrifed

last thing we need it a Wmbledon/Derby type new chairman...

if we could 100% guarantee the new chairman would be fantastic and throw money at us and be good for the club then I'd happily see Sheepshank go, but the last thing we need is Sheepshank to go in such a unstable peroid for the club and for some idiot to take over.

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:38 pm

Jus,

I know you said 'if' but if he was going to step down he would have done it after last season IMO.

I think he has done a good job since administration and I would like to see him stay on.

Jus

Post by Jus » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:40 pm

I want him out, for the pure reason that I'm fed up with being lied to, reason I psoted this is I just wanted to see the general opinion of people on here.

TWTD is full of people who want him out, but they've always been a bit moany on there, I just wanted to see what the bigger pixture was like with people on here as well.

Dazza I do see your point, but there have also been a number of sucesses where new chairman have came in, take Norwich for example, okay they're our rivals, but when they got rid of Chase it really helped them.

royleoasis

Post by royleoasis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:30 am

I voted slightly dissapointed. I think sometimes the best person to sort out a problem is the person that made it !!!.
Thats face it, the board made a few mistakes that cost the club dear. And, Jus doe's have a point that the lies and spin are really beginning to get on my tits!!! (man boobs).
But Sheepshanks knows the club inside out and certainly won't make the same mistakes again. If anything the board are being ultra-careful. Which in our current position isn't a bad thing.
So in short i think he's a NOB. But perhaps the best man to sort out his errors. :D

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:35 am

i voted slight;y disappointed, i dont like the bloke, however in our situation it wouldnt be healthy to have all the boardroom changes

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:55 pm

Sorry guys, but what magical Russian Billionaire is going to take over?

Mork

Re: Sheepshanks Stay or Go

Post by Mork » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Jus wrote:And I know someones about to say well who would you replace him with, but if it was up to you, If Sheepshanks offered to step down, would you be happy.
I'd probably lean torwards happy, but generally be pretty ambivolent about it.
The club could benefit from new ideas, new direction and new money though.
If there's any oil tycoons out there feeling bored, we would be cheap :)

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm

Dazza wrote:Sorry guys, but what magical Russian Billionaire is going to take over?
There are more of em than you think. Most will end up in Jail however, prolly including Abramovich (and boy is the sh*t gonna hit the fan when that happens) - people thought Leeds was bad.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:44 pm

Hi Mork - what does "ambivolent" mean???

Also what about Bowden - surely he must go? He wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face. He is meant to be a financial professional, how much of this mess is his responsibility?

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:45 pm

I think it is fair to say that I am well for Sheepshanks leaving the club. There is always a gamble when someone new comes in - same as when sheepshanks arrived - remember him David who..........

He had a plan which sort of worked - then failed miserably. If he had been openly honest from the beginning I would have been firmly behind him. However we had the lies. We the fans sold out to his lies. He broke the trust with the fans and that is why I dispise the man. Had he admitted he was wrong and the club was in one hell of a mess I am sure most town fans would have rallied round - but he didn't he lied and deceived and that ethically is worst than the financial mess we are in.

I say take the gamble - get someone new in - with new ideas. Sheepshanks after nearly ten years in charge has taken us slightly backward instead of forward - forget the ground (still unpaid for) forget the academy. On the pitch (which is where it counts) we are worst now than we were 5 years ago - that must go down as a failure. Any other job you would have been booted out.

Sad that so many fans think sheepy is a nice guy just because he shakes a few hands before games!!!!

Dazza I await your reply with open arms - I didn't start this thread - been there done that but just wanted to throw my arguement into the hat. I respect what you say about upsetting the applecart - but maybe its time it was upset - the club should have been cleared out from top to bottom after past 3 years. A proper rebuilding plan was needed - this is only now really happening (2 years 2 late)!!!!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:49 pm

Good points mole but you know as well as everyone hes not going and the word if is a lot bigger than it looks.Get over it folks DS is staying for the time being and will slowly get things back on track.

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:04 pm

Hes way above his own head,but who would take over his mess?
It would be ok to have someone with money but would they tell us the real state of affairs? I doubt it so really leave him be and let him tell us more lies,and see what happens!
Wonder if theres any Russians with spare cash!!