Head To Head Competition 2019/2020

Every week there will be a series of fixtures (or questions) for you to predict the results of. This will be a perfect chance for you to show how much you know about football (or how little) and prove that you are the smartest Ipswich fan. The 2019/20 season will feature the Main Competition including a repeat of last years Promotion/Relegation format and the popular addition of the 'Head to Head' Competition. In conjunction with the FA Cup, we will also play for the coveted TB Cup which will commence in January 2020!

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Head To Head Competition 2019/2020

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Back by popular demand, it seemed to go down well and was by and large a success so to keep it simple the H2H will run along exactly the same lines as last season, once we know the numbers taking part I will confirm the exact date of commencement etc but I am expecting it to be around week Six of the Individual prediction league. Please Please Please if you start the season in the prediction league see it through until the end, it takes Five minutes each week to do and I would like to keep 10-0 walkovers to a minimum.

Each weeks match up's will be posted all being well by the end of the previous week and I will endeavour to get the league table and results up as soon as I can each weekend.

***** Can anyone help me out with a template from excel or something that I just have to fill in each week as this would make the league table look a bit more professional and save me a bit of time each Sunday ? I'm crap with these Excel things but if anyone can devise One asap I would be eternally grateful****

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Head To Head Competition 2019/2020

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 pm
Back by popular demand, it seemed to go down well and was by and large a success so to keep it simple the H2H will run along exactly the same lines as last season, once we know the numbers taking part I will confirm the exact date of commencement etc but I am expecting it to be around week Six of the Individual prediction league. Please Please Please if you start the season in the prediction league see it through until the end, it takes Five minutes each week to do and I would like to keep 10-0 walkovers to a minimum.

Each weeks match up's will be posted all being well by the end of the previous week and I will endeavour to get the league table and results up as soon as I can each weekend.

***** Can anyone help me out with a template from excel or something that I just have to fill in each week as this would make the league table look a bit more professional and save me a bit of time each Sunday ? I'm crap with these Excel things but if anyone can devise One asap I would be eternally grateful****
Sure, just let me know what you want in it and what you want it to do for you.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Cheers Dave, I'll pm you at some point

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 am

OK I am intending on starting the 2019/2020 H2H competition on week 10 of the main Prediction League (5/10/19), it looks like we have 21 participants although there has been a couple of no shows already so will monitor these players over the next Two or Three weeks and may run without them, as it stands that will mean everyone plays Twenty fixtures so it takes us to week 29 of the main prediction League before the play off matches begin a week or Two later, these dates may change by the odd week or Two depending on if we skip a week due to International breaks etc.

To keep it simple it will be run on exactly the same lines as last season as I think by and large it was a success, all we need is for everyone to post every week, the odd miss is unavoidable but I am hopeful to avoid the same scenario from last season where a couple dropped out half way through.

FROSTY...... Any luck with that League template mate ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Here we go, Week One fixtures for the 2019/20 H2H comp are up, it commences in Two weeks time (w/e 5th Oct which is week 10 of the normal Prediction League), we go with 20 players taking part as a couple have missed 50% or more of the weekly predictions already and I unfortunately cannot run with that scenario as it affects this competition so sorry guys. The League section therefore runs for 19 weeks (Ends on week 28 of the normal Prediction League) where everyone plays everyone once, the format is the same as last season, Three points for a win, One point for a draw and if there is the odd no show by anyone their opponent that week will get a walkover victory by a score of 10-0 but please people try to post your predictions every week.

Once the League section has been completed the Top Six will fight it out in the play offs to decide the H2H champion for 2019/20 and again it will be exactly as last season.....

Week 30 will see the Two players finishing in 6th & 5th in the H2H Table play off

Week 31 will see the winner of the 6th/5th play off play the player finishing 4th in the H2H table

Week 32 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th play off play the player finishing in 3rd in the H2H table

Week 33 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th/3rd play off play the player finishing in 2nd in the H2H table

Week 34 will see the winner of the 6th/5th/4th/3rd/2nd play off play the player finishing 1st in the H2H table (The winner of this being crowned H2H Champ 2020).

All everyone has to do is post your weekly predictions for the main competition and that automatically enters you for this every week !!! Hope everyone enjoys it again and good luck to you all.......