Week 31 - Results & Tables

Every week there will be a series of fixtures (or questions) for you to predict the results of. This will be a perfect chance for you to show how much you know about football (or how little) and prove that you are the smartest Ipswich fan. The 2020/21 season will feature the Main Competition including a repeat of last years Promotion/Relegation format and the popular addition of the 'Head to Head' Competition. We will also play for the coveted TB Cup which will commence in January 2021, which is based on the FA Cup!

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Week 31 - Results & Tables

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 am

For anyone following this thread Rule 19 will be strictly applied with immediate effect. This includes the forthcoming fixtures Week 32 & Week 33.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 am

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:44 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 am
Charnwood wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:13 am

The reason you’ve not received a reminder No9 is simply because you’ve not been late ! For those who have run late I’ve sent out reminders a few hours before the deadline including my opponent last week AzzurroMark which cost me dearly, I didn’t want to win by default just because he was busy working and forgot to post, I thought that was the spirit this competition was played in. It will be a sad day when people start hoping their opponent forgets to post just so they can win. As for late posters having time to check the internet for latest injury news I find that bizarre. I could understand for bonus questions involving players but not match results.
As I said the only reason I extended this week is because I hadn’t sent out reminders as I had previous weeks which disadvantaged
Blueblood and Marko compared with previous week stragglers. I thought this was the best way to keep our competitions alive and keep everyone involved.
If there is a general consensus that I’m wrong I’m refer back to the other Mods to find a resolution.
If Harry Kane is injured during warm ups, it could significantly affect the outcome of a Spurs result. Also, bonus questions are worth 5 points...that’s significant. In all honesty, I’m not really bothered Charny it’s just a game.

Why not make the deadline’until the first match kick off’?

It’s probably best No9 if we go back to a Fixed Time deadline with NO EXCEPTIONS, it’s far easier for me to manage and it’s Crystal clear for everyone to understand. I was simply trying to be over helpful given that I’ve been mindful that we’ve had an overload of PL rounds in quick succession and some of our players have work commitments to fit in around their leisure time. Clearly I got it wrong, lesson learned.
Hey Charny I’m sorry, I’ve got no business lecturing you or the other mods on how to run a forum. You all do a fantastic job and dedicate many hours. I come from a a News background, so deadlines have always been imperative. I probably just had a pickle up may arse because late-entry Blueblood slaughtered me & fuckin Frosty moved ahead of me in the league! I never would have said a word, if Frosty hadn’t jumped ahead of me. Is there a kiwi word for c*ck?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:54 am

Cheers No 9, comment much appreciated. Just one small point, Frosty posted 12hrs ahead of you, you should have copied him. 😮🤔🤣