Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Every week there will be a series of fixtures (or questions) for you to predict the results of. This will be a perfect chance for you to show how much you know about football (or how little) and prove that you are the smartest Ipswich fan. The 2020/21 season will feature the Main Competition including a repeat of last years Promotion/Relegation format and the popular addition of the 'Head to Head' Competition. We will also play for the coveted TB Cup which will commence in January 2021, which is based on the FA Cup!

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:41 pm

Week 34 Results.

IPSWICH TOWN

1) Portsmouth 2 v 1 Ipswich Town

2) Who will score Towns first goal ? James Norwood
( No goals or OG is an option)

3) “Golden Goal Time” of 1st goal scored. (+/- 2min Scores 5 points) ? 32nd (30-34 mins scores 5 points)
(No goal is an option)

4) Which team will sit in 7th position in the League One table at 6pm on Saturday. ? Portsmouth


FA CUP 6th ROUND QF

5) Bournemouth 0 v 3 Southampton

6) Everton 0 v 2 Manchester City

7) Chelsea 2 v 0 Sheffield United


PREMIER LEAGUE

8) Brighton 3 v 0 Newcastle United

9) West Ham United 3 v 3 Arsenal

10) Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur


CHAMPIONSHIP

11) Preston 0 v 1 Luton Town

12) Millwall 1 v 0 Middlesbrough

13) Swansea City 0 v 1 Cardiff City


LEAGUE ONE

14) Burton Albion 1 v 2 MK Dons

15) Oxford United 0 v 2 Blackpool

16) Sunderland 1 v 1 Lincoln City


TIE BREAK QUESTION

Tie Break Question for the 8 players still in the TB Cup[/b]

How many different players will score a goal in the 4 Quarter Final games (Excluding any penalty shoot outs) ? (6 so far)


MATCH OF THE DAY ( Double Points )

17) Leicester City 3 v 1 Manchester United



TB Cup Qtr Final (Latest Scores)

1) Tangfastic 21 v 11 Frosty

2) Nicscreamer 19 v 18 Azzurromark

3) Bluemike 15 v 19 Charnwood

4) Blue Wilf 19 v 12 Number 9




Individual Championship - Week 34

1) Tangfastic (21) 594
2) Number9 (12) 546
3) Frosty (11) 539
4) Charnwood (19) 537
5) BlueBlood (22*) 528
6) BlueMike (15) 501
7) Azzuromark (18) 499
8) Nicscreamer (19) 485
9) Lucy (18) 483
10) Kerry Blue (11) 470
11) Todd66 (8) 465
12) HallamBlue (12) 449
13) Wellywood (4) 447
14) Blue Wilf (19) 439
15) Superchef (7) 428
16) Marko69 (18) 427


League Trophy


Premier League

Charnwood 20+12+14+17+22+19 = 104
...............................
BlueMike 11+7+14+32+14+15 = 93
Tangfastic 22+3+18+15+13+21 = 92
Number9 19+9+8+12+31+12 = 91
Frosty 13+14+12+17+18+11 = 85
Marko69 21+9+3+5+20+18 = 76
..............................
Nicscreamer 9+0+12+14+19+19 = 73
Kerry Blue 16+5+15+10+15+11 = 72




League One

Azzuromark 24+14+31+15+11+18 = 113
BlueBlood 17+13+19+17+10+22 = 98

....................
Blue Wilf 18+10+22+7+16+19 = 92
Lucy 10+12+13+16+17+18 = 86
HallamBlue 13+8+13+16+23+12 = 85
Todd66 16+12+6+8+15+8 = 65
Superchef 11+6+11+10+20+7 = 65
WellyWood 16+21+5+0+18+4 = 64

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 pm

All cup games are still alive although Frosty could definitely do with 10 points from tomorrow’s MOTD. The other three games are each finely balanced although only Blue Wilf and Number 9 have different predictions for each of the remaining games.

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:13 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 pm
All cup games are still alive although Frosty could definitely do with 10 points from tomorrow’s MOTD. The other three games are each finely balanced although only Blue Wilf and Number 9 have different predictions for each of the remaining games.

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting.
Just my luck to be up against the only person to actually have scored more that me in the entire round. While this is not irretrievable, with a couple of predictions (including the MOTD) having same GD, it is going to come down more to the accuracy of my predictions.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:33 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:13 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 pm
All cup games are still alive although Frosty could definitely do with 10 points from tomorrow’s MOTD. The other three games are each finely balanced although only Blue Wilf and Number 9 have different predictions for each of the remaining games.

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting.
Just my luck to be up against the only person to actually have scored more that me in the entire round. While this is not irretrievable, with a couple of predictions (including the MOTD) having same GD, it is going to come down more to the accuracy of my predictions.
It certainly makes the Leicester City v Man Utd game an interesting one for yourself, Nic, Wilf and No 9 to follow.

For some though this could go to the final whistle of the Villa v Spurs game or even the Tie Breaker.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:55 am

The result of the West Ham v Arsenal game is also key in my fixture, as this is the only game remaining where different types of result have been recorded (a draw or an away win).
Historically, the results have (seemingly) not always been kind to me when going into a Sunday with a deficit. Mind you, whatever the end result, isn't fun following the twists and turns of the games?

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19570
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:53 pm

Very important “it” missing there, Azzurro! :D

Or is it NOT fun? :lol:

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:53 pm
Very important “it” missing there, Azzurro! :D

Or is it NOT fun? :lol:
Oops, missed that in the proof read! :oops: :lol:

Definitely is fun. Our draw in the previous round is great testament to that Marko.

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5634
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by lucy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:34 pm

Do i get my 5 Points for Sunderland game please ;)

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:59 pm

That West Ham v Arsenal game was tense stuff. Glad for my predictions that Arsenal pulled it back, though that last 10 minutes was tormenting, with a fear that Arsenal would do like Man City and score a 90th minute goal and ruin my predictions.
All down to the MOTD, where only a 1-0 Man Utd win will be enough!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm

I don’t think I can ever recall such closer scores in a TB Cup QF.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3514
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by number 9 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm
I don’t think I can ever recall such closer scores in a TB Cup QF.
Yeah, it's tighter than a Nun's Habit! :lol:

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:03 pm
I don’t think I can ever recall such closer scores in a TB Cup QF.
Indeed, barring yours and Mike's game, all the other 3 ties could change based solely on the MOTD result! I am aware that the Villa/Spurs game is still to play, but with identical score predictions, this game is as good as a dead rubber!

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm

MOTD; Leicester City v Man Utd;

We have four 1-1 predictions, 2 @ 2-1 and yourself and Nic both predicting away wins 0-1 and 1-2.

As you say Mark only a perfect score will do, I can’t believe you both predicted 1-3 for the Villa v Spurs game.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:09 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:07 pm
I am aware that the Villa/Spurs game is still to play, but with identical score predictions, this game is as good as a dead rubber!
For me and No screamer that is.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:13 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm
MOTD; Leicester City v Man Utd;

We have four 1-1 predictions, 2 @ 2-1 and yourself and Nic both predicting away wins 0-1 and 1-2.

As you say Mark only a perfect score will do, I can’t believe you both predicted 1-3 for the Villa v Spurs game.
Me neither. I don't really apply much science to my score predictions, but when I saw that I was surprised too.
While I did change my tie-break answer to make life easier in the (now impossible) event of a draw, I don't like to change any score prediction, that would tempt I'll fate. :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:15 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:09 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:07 pm
I am aware that the Villa/Spurs game is still to play, but with identical score predictions, this game is as good as a dead rubber!
For me and No screamer that is.
I know what you meant, it’s a dead rubber too for Tang and Frosty who’s in the same boat as you needing a perfect score in the Leicester v Man U game.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:20 pm

You could do with Bruno Fernandes and Luke Shaw on the pitch Mark.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Well that's that out of the window! Oh well there's always next season! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 2131
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:33 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:27 pm
Well that's that out of the window! Oh well there's always next season! :lol: :lol:
Great game mark. At the risk of being abused and shouted down, it’s just fun and I am glad you have played it in the right spirit. Thanks for that.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:44 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:33 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:27 pm
Well that's that out of the window! Oh well there's always next season! :lol: :lol:
Great game mark. At the risk of being abused and shouted down, it’s just fun and I am glad you have played it in the right spirit. Thanks for that.
Oh absolutely, all the games have gone down to the wire and has made for a thrilling spectacle for those involved. Well done on your win :D . Now let's hope that we can both top up our points totals in the league with the two remaining results. :wink: :lol:

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:29 pm

TB Cup Semi Final draw numbers can be found on the TB Cup 2021 thread.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3514
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by number 9 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Squeaky bum time!

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Frosty » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:09 pm

As usual I choke at the pointy end of a cup competition! :lol:



ps ... well done Tang, was the big thrill beating me, or drawing me in the quarters huh??? :wink:

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3514
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by number 9 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Well done Wilfy! Good luck!

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 23699
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Well done Andy, well deserved win

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13629
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Charnwood » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:29 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 pm
Well done Andy, well deserved win
Cheers mate, how close was that !

Blue Wilf
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:00 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:14 pm
Well done Wilfy! Good luck!
Thanks 9 - it was touch and go to the last! 👍

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Well done Nicscreamer, that was a close run thing in the end! Best of luck in the semis.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 2131
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm
Well done Nicscreamer, that was a close run thing in the end! Best of luck in the semis.
Great game mark. Thanks , sooooo close

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 19570
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Week 34 - Results & Tables inc TB Cup QF

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:21 pm

It's like the f**king Waltons in here. Jaysus H Christ.

Post Reply