Early Season Odds

Every week there will be a series of fixtures (or questions) for you to predict the results of. This will be a perfect chance for you to show how much you know about football (or how little) and prove that you are the smartest Ipswich fan. The 2021/22 season will feature the Main Competition including a repeat of last years Promotion/Relegation format and the popular addition of the 'Head to Head' Competition. We will also play for the coveted TB Cup which will commence in January 2022, which is based on the FA Cup!

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Early Season Odds

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:59 am

With a Quarter of the season now gone here are the latest odds for the Prediction League......

2/1 Charnwood..... Always the one to beat, looking menacing already, finish above Charny and you win it !!

5/1 Number9........Came close last season, looks the real deal again this time around, won't be far away.

6/1 Frosty............Champion Two seasons ago, in the hunt again, don't write off.

BlueMike........Desperate for that Third crown, needs more consistency, chances this time.

10/1 Johnny..........A surprises package at this early stage, can he keep it going ? Go Johnny GO GO GO

BlueBlood......Always looks to be in with a shout but often flatters to deceive, does have a chance though.

Tangfastic......Like others before him he is finding that defending the crown is harder than winning it, needs a few good weeks.

12/1 Blue Wilf.......Isn't out of the running but the cups look more of a realistic chance for glory.

14/1 Lucy............If the scores were different every week Lucy would walk it.....apparently.

16/1 Kerry Blue.....The name sounds like an Irish Cheese, I think it's more like hard Cheese for this runner

Dubai Blue....Hasn't shown enough to suggest the champion comes from Dubai, save your money.

Superchef.....It's more a case of Little Chef than Masterchef with this hopeful.

AzzuroMark...Definitely has the consistency, sadly at being very average, maybe a cup win isn't beyond the realms......

20/1 Marko69.......The Joker in the pack, this one will win the next time Scotland win something, Oh Dear.

66/1 HallamBlue....A bit long in the tooth now and finding the going tough. Open another Bottle of claret and drown your sorrows.

66/1 Saint Jude.... Definitely brings some lighthearted fun to the competition, there's a spoon to be won.

80/1 Wellywood....Very very strong competitor as is usually at the bottom holding all the others up, no change this time around.

500/1 Gold&Black....More chance of Mick McCarthy entertaining the fans than this one winning.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Early Season Odds

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:21 am

Well done Mike a job apart from those ridiculous 2/1 odds for an ageing player.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Great fun as always Mike, thank you for taking time out to complie the list.. Shorter odds than i expected, maybe you have more belief in my chances than i do. :wink:

Just need a repeat draw in the cup this year against Marko, and my cup run can begin! :wink: :P

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Just for the fun of it I think my money will be on the following:

Main Individual Competition
Champion - Charnwood

H2H Championship
Champion - BlueMike

League Trophy
Winner - Charnwood

TB Cup
Winner - Blueblood

My final league position -12th

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:35 pm

I sound like an Irish cheese Mike :D very good and I think I'm more like a 33/1 shot and I shouldn't be Kerry Blue I should be Cabanas Blue as that's where I live now 😉

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Nice! Thanks Bluemike! It's always fun to see the odds and your comments. :lol:

COY...#9! :wink:

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:44 pm

TB cup winner.... :D I take that...

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:33 pm

:D :D :D :D :D excellent!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:59 am
With a Quarter of the season now gone here are the latest odds for the Prediction League......

500/1 Gold&Black....More chance of Mick McCarthy entertaining the fans than this one winning.
Bit of a challenge there Mike BUT
12 weeks total 131 = 11 each week, averaging 11 points a week, 38 weeks x 11 pts = 418 pts.
So plenty of time to catch up,
PS. Remember Leicester City 5000/1, :shock:

Anyways there is always the cup, oh forgot I'm not in it :lol: :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:48 pm

LOL. i know i keep repeating myself, but could you delete two of those posts Mike. :wink: