The Suffolk Stallion Returns!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Paul B

The Suffolk Stallion Returns!

Post by Paul B » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:10 am

Hi all!

Back from Plymouth...to snow! :shock: :D

Had a long day, so a full report to follow tomorrow.

Had a great weekend...and saw a very good game between Plymouth and Port Vale....in fact, dare I say it, it was better than any game I have seen at Portman Road this season. :shock:

Hope all is well, and had a great weekend, despite another pathetic result from Town.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:16 am

hi paul
cant type well at moment
glad u r bak safely and has a greayt weekend

spk to you soon

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:18 am

Hi Paul...
Hope you had a great weekend...
Had a great day out yesterday...despite the result...

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:26 am

Welcome back Paul,

Youhave your work cut out, the ladies have been going wild while you were away.
Get them back in line quick or all hell will break loose. :lol:

crazy

Post by crazy » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah.... the stallians back :D

welcome back hope you had a fab time

you were missed :(

by not alot :lol:

speak soon
:D

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:25 am

welcooommeee baacckkkkkkkkk

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:32 am

welcome back paul
my brother inlaw was at the plimuff game, he said it was crap, bit like manure plimuff are, they get as much injury time as they like, 6th minute wasnt it when the winner went in? bloody cornish!! :wink: :wink:

JonnoTown

Post by JonnoTown » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:54 am

Hi paul,

hope you didn't feel too sick from the green stadium!

(Ill give you that tener later for the prediction league)!............

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:19 pm

riviera wrote:welcome back paul
my brother inlaw was at the plimuff game, he said it was crap, bit like manure plimuff are, they get as much injury time as they like, 6th minute wasnt it when the winner went in? bloody cornish!! :wink: :wink:
Thanks guys! :D

Who was your brother in law supporting Riviera?! Not Plymouth I guess! :wink: :lol:

Anyway, here's how my weekend went.

Friday morning I was up at 5am...went and picked my dad up and drove to Ipswich. Parked up, and caught the 7:15am coach to London Victoria. Then caught the 11am coach to Plymouth...arriving in Plymouth at 4:30pm.

Checked in at the hotel....and find in the main foyer: the Port Vale squad. :shock: I soon showed them my fleece and the ITFC badge! :D Don't think they were impressed, lol.

Had fish and chips down on the Barbican on Friday evening, before heading to bed. Saturday morning had a gorgeous fry up at the hotel...along with some of the Port Vale players! They're not on any strict diet it seems! :lol:

Anyway, Saturday afternoon made our way up to Home Park, had a look around the (small!) club shop and also at the future plans for the stadium. Three sides have been built up, with the main stand expected to go up in 2005.

Went inside the ground at around 2:45 and was met by a wall of noise. The Argyle fans were already singing their songs DURING THE TEAMS WARM-UP.

The game was a good game, and only spoilt by Port Vale's timewasting tactics which they started in the first 15 minutes!!! Half time was 0-0 with plymouth having dominated, but they needed to step it up a gear I felt to get a goal.

The second half saw Port Vale take the lead against the run of play with their first and only shot on goal! This stunned the Argyle fans, but did it shut them up? No it didn't. They got behind the team and spurred them on (Ipswich fans take note). Plymouth eventually found the equaliser on 80 minutes with a cracking shot that hit the underside of the bar and bounced down over the line and out...the linesman correctly giving the goal. Plymouth continued to surge forward, but as the fourth official held up the board to indicate 5 minutes of added time, it looked like the game was petering out to a draw as Port Vale had the ball in the corner in the Plymouth half. Suddenly Plymouth broke away and surged forward, and with 40 seconds of stoppage time remaining they got their well deserved winner. Home Park went mad...and the noise was brilliant!

A thoroughly enjoyable game with some good football at times, and definitely no worse than what I have seen at Ipswich this season. Plymouth definitely deserved the win, and I was very disappointed by Port Vale's negative tactics which spoilt the game to some degree.

Thanks to Armageddon and Dazza for texting me updates about Ipswich! Appreciated it, although good news would have been preferred! :P Thanks guys! :D

Had a meal out on Saturday night, then Sunday morning round the shops before the long journey home.

A great weekend, and I look forward to our Weekender TITS trip to Plymouth next year! 8)

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:34 pm

my brother inlaw is a plimuff fan paul, but i guess they've seen some great games there this season so maybe thats the reason he said it wasnt very good, they've been spoilt lol

home park is looking good, but the 4th side needs to be built soon, it just doesnt look right as it is, ive been to plimuff loads of times and i have to agree the fans do get right behind their team

glad u had a good weekender, next time u definately have to pop into torquay, i'll show u what a proper s.devon town is like for a night out!!