Credit Card Fraud

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

essexgirl

Credit Card Fraud

Post by essexgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:47 am

If anybody holds a MBNA credit card beware there is another fraud scam going about.
Received an e-mail this morning which looked completely genuine stating that they were updating their records and I needed to click on the link to ensure that the account was still active.
Obviously I did not but still rang MBNA and they advised me that this latest scam has come to light since midnight.

Earl Blue

Re: Credit Card Fraud

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:45 am

essexgirl wrote:If anybody holds a MBNA credit card beware there is another fraud scam going about.
Received an e-mail this morning which looked completely genuine stating that they were updating their records and I needed to click on the link to ensure that the account was still active.
Obviously I did not but still rang MBNA and they advised me that this latest scam has come to light since midnight.
REMEMBER NO BANK OR CREDIT COMPANY WILL EVER ASK YOU FOR
DEATILS OVER THE INTERNET. ITS A GOLDEN RULE....................