FAO Dazza

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Lewis

FAO Dazza

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:20 pm

Afternoon mate, hows things your end?

I've just won 5 pounds from someone, made my day that has! :lol:

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:34 pm

LOL! well done lewis!! :D

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:42 pm

Fine thanks... you?

You may of won the battle, but you DIDNT win the war!

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:46 pm

wel dun lewis!! :D

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:48 pm

Dazza wrote:Fine thanks... you?

You may of won the battle, but you DIDNT win the war!
2nd doesnt guarantee promotion mate, Playoffs at the most for you, and even then it's a 1/4 chance of promotion!

Who's got a good chance of winning a trophy? (Me)

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:33 pm

congratualations lewis!

shame you're so far below dazza

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:39 pm

budgiebasher wrote:congratualations lewis!

shame you're so far below dazza
Yeh wasn't a great season, but that victory showed that my side is good enough. Roll on next season, and the five pounds Dazza owes me! ;) :lol:

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:41 pm

season over now is it? guess that was a league game

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:11 pm

budgiebasher wrote:season over now is it? guess that was a league game
Yep was a league game, now in pre-season for 2nd season! Dazza lost in Playoff final I was extremely gutted for him (NOT!)

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:18 pm

lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

unlucky! :lol: :wink:

Pissing On The Budgie's

Post by Pissing On The Budgie's » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:37 pm

:lol: Unlucky Dazza

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:43 pm

It'll end up like our Chelsea - Man Utd game.

I built the best team ever and was top of the Premiership starting to pull away with only 1/3 to go, I hadnt conceded a goal in the Champions League, I was winning Manager of the Month like it was going out of fashion, meanwhile Lewis was in 8th and looked set to slump even further down the table, all I kept hearing was "I building for next season"

Guess what, he got bored and wanted to start a new one! :roll: Did I complain? NO, I knew I'd won! Was I up for a challenge? YES!

So we start Northwich Victoria - Aldershot. Bear in mind he has played lot of teams in the conference and this was my first time, so I expected to finish mid table and maybe push for a play off place while Lewis was looking for a play off place. (Also bear in mind Lewis had a budget of around 30k-50k and I had a budget of 0k!)

40 GAMES LATER: I finished 2nd (and got into the play off final) and Lewis finished 14th or 15th (not sure somewhere in the bottom half!) Lewis and I both agreed he had a much better team than me yet I finished above him by around 13 or 14 places! :shock:

I will say well done on the 3-2 victory over me, that hurt! But I always plan for a season not just one game, and I feel I out did myself.

I shall also say well done for getting into the final of the FA Trophy, I actually wanted you to win and was disappointed when you lost. :(

Anyway, now ask yourself, whos the better manager? :wink:

I rest my case.... :twisted:

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:46 pm

oooo bitchy :P

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:47 pm

missblue wrote:oooo bitchy :P
Just had to explain the whole story... People were saying unlucky to ME!

Shocking.... :shock:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:52 pm

Dazza wrote:It'll end up like our Chelsea - Man Utd game.

I built the best team ever and was top of the Premiership starting to pull away with only 1/3 to go, I hadnt conceded a goal in the Champions League, I was winning Manager of the Month like it was going out of fashion, meanwhile Lewis was in 8th and looked set to slump even further down the table, all I kept hearing was "I building for next season"

Guess what, he got bored and wanted to start a new one! :roll: Did I complain? NO, I knew I'd won! Was I up for a challenge? YES!

So we start Northwich Victoria - Aldershot. Bear in mind he has played lot of teams in the conference and this was my first time, so I expected to finish mid table and maybe push for a play off place while Lewis was looking for a play off place. (Also bear in mind Lewis had a budget of around 30k-50k and I had a budget of 0k!)

40 GAMES LATER: I finished 2nd (and got into the play off final) and Lewis finished 14th or 15th (not sure somewhere in the bottom half!) Lewis and I both agreed he had a much better team than me yet I finished above him by around 13 or 14 places! :shock:

I will say well done on the 3-2 victory over me, that hurt! But I always plan for a season not just one game, and I feel I out did myself.

I shall also say well done for getting into the final of the FA Trophy, I actually wanted you to win and was disappointed when you lost. :(

Anyway, now ask yourself, whos the better manager? :wink:

I rest my case.... :twisted:
A managerial career does not last 1 season. I have bought players in the pre-season which will develop my team further. We also agreed that the winner of this challenge would be the first person to win the Premiership/Champions Leauge, so IMO, it's going to be some time before either of us will get near to doing that.

Therefore, I can afford to take my time and 'build for the coming seasons'. Besides, Mr better manager, who lost in the Playoff final, and consequently said "Oh well, I'm pleased"

Pleased about what?! Losing a final when you could've moved into Division 3? Talk about lack of ambition!

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:53 pm

Good comeback Lewis :wink: :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:58 pm

Lewis wrote:A managerial career does not last 1 season. I have bought players in the pre-season which will develop my team further. We also agreed that the winner of this challenge would be the first person to win the Premiership/Champions Leauge, so IMO, it's going to be some time before either of us will get near to doing that.

Therefore, I can afford to take my time and 'build for the coming seasons'. Besides, Mr better manager, who lost in the Playoff final, and consequently said "Oh well, I'm pleased"

Pleased about what?! Losing a final when you could've moved into Division 3? Talk about lack of ambition!
Of course I was pleased when you look at the bigger picture!

Yeah ok if you look at it as "just" a play off final I'd be gutted, but I was very honoured to even be there because of what I had to work with and we only lost 1-0 so we didnt embarrass ourselves.

I say it was a great day for the wonderful club of Northwich Victoria! Hopefully many of those wonderful days are yet to come!

At the end of the day you can argue all you like because of one silly little result, but the facts dont lie, theres a massive difference between 2nd and 14th!

I rest my case... No more bickering... When you start to get close to finishing near the top half of the table then you come back and chat with me. :wink:

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Dazza wrote:
Lewis wrote:A managerial career does not last 1 season. I have bought players in the pre-season which will develop my team further. We also agreed that the winner of this challenge would be the first person to win the Premiership/Champions Leauge, so IMO, it's going to be some time before either of us will get near to doing that.

Yeah ok if you look at it as "just" a play off final I'd be gutted, but I was very honoured to even be there because of what I had to work with and we only lost 1-0 so we didnt embarrass ourselves.

I say it was a great day for the wonderful club of Northwich Victoria! Hopefully many of those wonderful days are yet to come!

At the end of the day you can argue all you like because of one silly little result, but the facts dont lie, theres a massive difference between 2nd and 14th!

I rest my case... No more bickering... When you start to get close to finishing near the top half of the table then you come back and chat with me. :wink:

wow lol your talking just like a proper manager

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:03 pm

diedelia wrote:wow lol your talking just like a proper manager
Why thank you! Being a good manager is about the whole package not just the results.

Me ol' mucker Joe's been teaching me, although I dont a poor Pablo type player than I can slag off every week! :lol:
Last edited by Dazza on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:07 pm

diedelia wrote:
Dazza wrote:

wow lol your talking just like a proper manager
It's really competitive, he's not going to have it all his own way that's for sure... :twisted:

toby

Post by toby » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:54 pm

Blimey Lewis vs Dazza, it's just like Wenger vs Fergie!

Listen to the physcological warfare that's going on, who'll win the war of words?

Will one of them do a "Keegan" and break down screaming

"I'D LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM!"

I think you guys should keep us informed of how it's progressing!

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:59 pm

toby wrote:Blimey Lewis vs Dazza, it's just like Wenger vs Fergie!

Listen to the physcological warfare that's going on, who'll win the war of words?

Will one of them do a "Keegan" and break down screaming

"I'D LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM!"

I think you guys should keep us informed of how it's progressing!
Oh we will Toby, we will.... :twisted:
Last edited by Lewis on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:02 pm

Lewis wrote:Oh we will Toby, we will.... :twisted:
I'll second that!

We're very reasonable people normally but give us Championship Manager and let us manager 2 stupid teams and all hell breaks lose...

But we're joking really, arent we? :twisted: Mwhahahahahahaha :lol:

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:18 pm

keep us informed its interesting to read!!