Toby

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Foxy Lady

Toby

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:25 am

Hi gorgeous,
How did your gig go?

toby

Post by toby » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:31 am

Hmmmmm...how do I say this politely?

Crap? Rubbish? Pile of pants?

It's just a good job this was my 14th gig and not my 4th, had it been one of my first few gigs I think I would've been tempted to give up now.

Not really sure what went wrong (and I'm possibly being too hard on myself) but all my "sure fire" winning gags went down worse than a tupenny whore (excuse my French)!

Erm...strange night really, it was in a tiny cellar room in a busy pub with about 20 people in including the other acts.

The acts on before me weren't very good if I'm totally honest and I thought this is okay I'll look really good compared to this lot...then I went on and BANG silence to nearly every punchline!

Afterwards several people said well done but to be honest if I'm not getting laughs whilst I'm performing that I think that I've not done my job properly.

Oh well "such is life" as they, possibly, say in Paris.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:37 am

Awwww Im sorry it didn't go to well,must of been the audience,can't of been you,as you always make me laugh and smile.
Did you get my *vibes*....?...I sent as many as I could.
Im sure your next gig will have a better audience.

Im feeling with it now,the alcohol must of worn off from last night.... :(
Think I need some more...

toby

Post by toby » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:42 am

Rueser wrote:Awwww Im sorry it didn't go to well,must of been the audience,can't of been you,as you always make me laugh and smile.
Did you get my *vibes*....?...I sent as many as I could.
Im sure your next gig will have a better audience.

Im feeling with it now,the alcohol must of worn off from last night.... :(
Think I need some more...

I think it might have been your "vices" that put me off! :lol:

You're right though...whenever a comedian has a bad gig they ALWAYS blame it on the audience :wink:

They were rubbish!

toby

Post by toby » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:48 am

Hey, hey I'm back!

Had another gig tonight and went down a storm (well maybe not a storm exactly but definately a bit of a downpour, more than a persistant drizzle anyway!).

Totally different to last night, although to be honest I started off very poorly and a minute in I'd barely got a laugh, then *bang* one gag got a big laugh and I was off and running!

Infact by the end of my 5 minutes (might have been a little bit longer) I;d turned the audience around and they gave me a big cheer and applause at the end!

I was doing what's called an open spot (in between the professional first acts and the headliner) with two other new comics at a club where they have a set of 5 lights arranged as a "laugh-o-meter" which is controlled by a member of the audience (ie. if the person controlling the lights thinks you got a laugh they press the button which lights up a light!).

I went on 2nd of the three opens and I'm pleased to say that I got 8 lights! Lol, yes that's right 8 lights out of 5!
Basically I got to 5 and then went round again for 3 more lights!

I think the other two opens both got 3 or 4 lights (to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to them at all, I was too nervous!).

Oh well no time to dwell on the successes (or failures!) as I've another gig tomorrow night, 3 in a row (and footballer have the cheek to complain about playing two matches in a week!).

Anyway thanks to anyone who was keeping their fingers crossed for me tonight or sending me positive vices/vibes, it worked! :wink:

And hopefully if Wicked's theory about my performances affecting Town's then we should be alright on sunday (providing I don't have a stinker tomorrow of course!).

crazy

Post by crazy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:00 am

toby wrote:Hey, hey I'm back!

Had another gig tonight and went down a storm (well maybe not a storm exactly but definately a bit of a downpour, more than a persistant drizzle anyway!).

Totally different to last night, although to be honest I started off very poorly and a minute in I'd barely got a laugh, then *bang* one gag got a big laugh and I was off and running!

Infact by the end of my 5 minutes (might have been a little bit longer) I;d turned the audience around and they gave me a big cheer and applause at the end!

I was doing what's called an open spot (in between the professional first acts and the headliner) with two other new comics at a club where they have a set of 5 lights arranged as a "laugh-o-meter" which is controlled by a member of the audience (ie. if the person controlling the lights thinks you got a laugh they press the button which lights up a light!).

I went on 2nd of the three opens and I'm pleased to say that I got 8 lights! Lol, yes that's right 8 lights out of 5!
Basically I got to 5 and then went round again for 3 more lights!

I think the other two opens both got 3 or 4 lights (to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to them at all, I was too nervous!).

Oh well no time to dwell on the successes (or failures!) as I've another gig tomorrow night, 3 in a row (and footballer have the cheek to complain about playing two matches in a week!).

Anyway thanks to anyone who was keeping their fingers crossed for me tonight or sending me positive vices/vibes, it worked! :wink:
And hopefully if Wicked's theory about my performances affecting Town's then we should be alright on sunday (providing I don't have a stinker tomorrow of course!).
toby! well done :D glade it was alot better than before :)
i kept to my romise and i see it worked :D
hope tonights goes down well to... i will being doing what i did last night for you to :wink: :lol:

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:39 pm

More positive vices on there way sweetheart..x x x

toby

Post by toby » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:07 am

Heh, heh, another gig and another good one...things are looking good for Town on sunday!

This gig was in Acton, West London (Juicy's Comedy Club, the Kings Head, Acton!) in a lovely upstairs function room with about 50-60 people.

I went on 3rd of the open spots (again there'd been two opening acts and a headline afterwards) after a guy who was frankly absolute rubbish! He totally lost the audience (especially the front row who seemed to be mostly very drunken Aussies!) and killed the room!

The compere was really worried for me having to go on after him but to be honest I thought "Well I can't really do any worse" and really went for it!

I made a bit of a joke about having a tough act to follow, which got an immediate laugh and then I was off and running, no crap start like last night just 7 or 8 minutes of pretty solid laughs!

I got a couple of heckles from one extremely drunken Aussie which I dealt with fairly easily but otherwise the audience were lively without going too far.

All in all a very enjoyable evening, and as a bonus because I wasn't driving I was able to enjoy a few post show beverages.

So my first experience of three gigs in a row, they got of to a bad start on wednesday (terrible gig!), got much better on thursday (good gig!) and peaked tonight (great gig!).

If I keep improving at that sort of rate I'll have my own Channel 4 series by the summer! :lol:

Anyway just thought I share this with you lovely folks, and once again thanks to anyone who's been thinking off me and wishing me good luck...it worked again!

Ta very muchly, love you all sweetie dahlings xx mwah, mwah xx!

thistle

Post by thistle » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:18 am

toby wrote:
If I keep improving at that sort of rate I'll have my own Channel 4 series by the summer! :lol:
christ TOBY that'll half your audience :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well done though :P

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:49 am

Great stuff Toby! :D :D

You'll just need to think of another excuse as to why Town will lose tomorrow now! :wink:

crazy

Post by crazy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:51 am

Paul B wrote:Great stuff Toby! :D :D

You'll just need to think of another excuse as to why Town will lose tomorrow now! :wink:
paul
u annoy me :lol: ok we all no we will lose but u think they will lose most of the time :lol: :lol:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:27 am

Well done Toby,...

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:03 pm

crazy wrote:

paul
u annoy me :lol: ok we all no we will lose but u think they will lose most of the time :lol: :lol:

Paul seems to have a downer on Town at the moment, Kirsty.

We all think Ipswich will lose tomorrow but they might surprise us all. :lol:

crazy

Post by crazy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:07 pm

Bluesusie wrote:
crazy wrote:

paul

Paul seems to have a downer on Town at the moment, Kirsty.

We all think Ipswich will lose tomorrow but they might surprise us all. :lol:
susie what from the early part of last year :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they might but they have huckerby :shock: :( :cry:
we best win tho cos im going to get some stick off darren and my dads work mate who i email :( :cry:

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:11 pm

I hope Town win. We are travelling with a Norwich fan and if the scum win we will hate the journey home!!! He has said we can't wear our shirts but nothing will stop me wearing mine. :lol:

crazy

Post by crazy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:15 pm

Bluesusie wrote:I hope Town win. We are travelling with a Norwich fan and if the scum win we will hate the journey home!!! He has said we can't wear our shirts but nothing will stop me wearing mine. :lol:
all the best of luck to you susie.. i think you will need it! :lol:

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:25 pm

Got to go now. Having lunch with my mum.

crazy

Post by crazy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:30 pm

ok speak soon hopefully i will have added a fair bit on my site for you to look at tomorrow if you wish :)
enjoy ur lunch :)
take care xxxxxxxx kirst xxx

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:55 am

Glad your gig went very well....
must of been those positive *vices*....and thanks for yesterday....x

toby

Post by toby » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:12 pm

Rueser wrote:Glad your gig went very well....
must of been those positive *vices*....and thanks for yesterday....x
Thanks Foxy!

Hope you're feeling a bit better today, sending my own positive vices your way...Lol.

xx