caffeine dependency

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

itfc_01

Post by itfc_01 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:21 pm

McDonna28 wrote:
itfc_01 wrote:is in my football coaching magazine my sweet
What's their reasoning / evidence behind the statement?

there was some study that was carried out that it can inbalance the sugar levels and the glucose in the body and that younger sports people become too dependant on it and after a period of time it can basically like all fizzy and sports drinks, start to rot the gut and stomach lining. I'm on the case to see if i can find the article i looked up on it.

Report states:
Water hydrates the body more than sports drinks

Sports drinks can be helpful to athletes who are exercising at a high intensity for 60 minutes or more (those over the age of 15 have about 90mins training and longer game period)

Sports drinks don't hydrate better than water, but you are more likely to drink larger volumes, which leads to better hydration. The typical sweet-tart taste combination doesn't quench thirst, so you will keep drinking a sports drink long after water has lost its appeal.

Most sport drinks contain water, sugar and salt to help you exercise longer BUT the hydration in younger players needs to be replaced through water

astrocomet
Location: The ice world of Hoth (Astrothermic) Jupiter Moons (Methathermic) and Kessingland Lowestoft, Suffolk

Post by astrocomet » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:12 pm

helen83 wrote:Think I will stick with Ribena :roll:
The tooth fairy friendly stuff-plenty of vitamin C but I get the tablets occasionally and the Orance C ones are luvly-my mate got a bottle and downed them in one-people said his eyes looked very brighter afterwards..... :roll:

kowalski

Re: caffeine dependency

Post by kowalski » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Phil wrote:its a bit of a rubbish thing to be addicted to, but I'm very dependent on caffeine and have decided that after staying awake til 7am this morning with rather scary heart motions as a result of around 3 litres of redbull in 12 hours that I had better cut it out. but, do I go cold turkey and just be very tired and grumpy for the next few weeks or do i ween myself off it over a period of time?
I know I'm late to the thread but you're ODing on caffeine when you take that much. You don't need to kick coffee completely, although if your tolerance levels are so high that you need to be taking that much to feel the effects I'll revise that statement in an instant, you just need to not be a maniac. The coffee jitters are just like any other stimulant overdose.

astrocomet
Location: The ice world of Hoth (Astrothermic) Jupiter Moons (Methathermic) and Kessingland Lowestoft, Suffolk

Post by astrocomet » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:43 pm

kowalski wrote:The coffee jitters are just like any other stimulant overdose.
Its called THE BLUES..... :roll:

helen83

Post by helen83 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 pm

astrocomet wrote:
helen83 wrote:Think I will stick with Ribena :roll:
The tooth fairy friendly stuff-plenty of vitamin C but I get the tablets occasionally and the Orance C ones are luvly-my mate got a bottle and downed them in one-people said his eyes looked very brighter afterwards..... :roll:
I had some vitamin drink stuff once. It made my wee go a funny colour. :shock:

But that appparently means you already have enough of one particular vitamin - so I was told.

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 am

itfc_01 wrote:
MMJR67 wrote:
itfc_01 wrote:
same as the powerade drinks - they shouldnt be drunk by players under 15 - can mess them up apparently
absolute horsesh*t ,what will you come up with next. :lol: :lol: :lol:
is in my football coaching magazine my sweet
YOUR MAGAZINE IS BOGUS THEN

astrocomet

Post by astrocomet » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:40 am

helen83 wrote:I had some vitamin drink stuff once. It made my wee go a funny colour. :shock:
Someone said to me that people drink that fluorescent liquid out of them glow sticks for a laugh at parties and apparently its supposed to make your wee glow but I wouldn't do it myself as I think that stuff may be a bit rough on the stomach as well as other things...... :roll:

helen83

Post by helen83 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm having a nice cup of coffee now.... and a Crunchie. Seeing as it's Friday. :D

A little bit of caffeine helps to get you through the afternoon.

astrocomet

Post by astrocomet » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:55 pm

helen83 wrote:I'm having a nice cup of coffee now.... and a Crunchie. Seeing as it's Friday. :D

A little bit of caffeine helps to get you through the afternoon.
Cod fish fillets Helen-just seasoned some with some fish seasoning, wrapped them in tin foil and slammed them in the oven-will put some veg' rice on and get the tartare sauce and the table laid-switch on a little light music and Friday and the weekend is set..... :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:26 pm

Coffee makes one over-stimulated. Don't drink tea much, over time find there's no flavor to it and as for energy products / pep drinks there's too much sugar involved or some brands induce you to vomit.

Coffee is fine at the right time and improves stimulation but find it tough to relax on occasion. Don't go for any fancy Colombian sh*t, as long as it's palatable and got flavor to it then essentially it's done a job. As a non-alcohol consumer think you'll find there's sometimes few alternatives to drink other than water. (Which arguably is the most healthy option)