Things that really P*** you off

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Things that really P*** you off

Post by Frosty » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 am

This years Prediction League

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:05 pm

The Don wrote:Vic, becoming a bus wanker should be reserved for students and the elderly. Neither of which are ever in a rush to be anywhere.

Yeah I agree Herb, I could get another car but I want to travel in comfort. Tax is based partly on emissions right? So why is my new motor, with all of today's technology costing more on tax than my leaded fiesta from years back that was always surrounded by black smoke?

Whilst we're on the subject on smoke, that pisses me off too. The government put the prices up on cigarettes on the claim that it will discourage smoking. What bollocks. We are addicts and you are mugging us off. If I had a heroin habit you'd give me methadone for nothing, yet you rip me off daily. Then you have the cheek to tell me that I might be charged hospital bills because I smoke. My smoking pays for the NHS and I never use it. When I develop lung cancer and bronchitis I will want to cash in.

Please see "politicians" in my original post :evil:

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:07 pm

frostynz wrote:This years Prediction League

Dont be hard on yourself frosty, you are efficient while keeping your scores down.

Floors

Post by Floors » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm

People in supermarkets who block the aisle to chat or just take ages looking at things like the same sort of milk. Its all the same, its just milk pick one and move on!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm

The most recent......., sitting patiently in my van waiting for someone to come back out to their car after paying for their petrol......, they get back into their car, then i wait another few minutes while they read receipts, rummage about in their passenger seat contents, fiddle with dashboard knobs, adjust seat belts, check themselves out in sun visor mirrors, ......, I was ready to push them forward myself, bumper to bumper.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 am

America getting involved in Middle East sh*t......, AGAIN. And dragging us f**king puppets in with them, AGAIN. Can we not just say, "Thanks for the help in WW2, but FECK OFF and do this one on your own."
People talk about the "axis of evil" but ffs, were America the founder members? And this is a Governmental post, it's no way at Ohio or Ticks who are just citizens....., it's at the warmongering United States Government. P1ss off.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 am

To be honest, I don't have an issue with it. This isn't another Iraq job. You can't allow countries to use chemical weapons against their own people. It's wrong as should be dealt with.

The fact that other nations are backing the suggestion speaks volumes. It wouldn't just be us and the americans going in.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:31 am

Using chemical weapons is wrong. Everyone understands that. But I do wonder why a warhead containing chemicals that kills a few hundred people is any different than warheads with conventional explosives that kill tens of thousands of people. Masses of typical hypocrisy. I also don't understand why it's Americas job to "police" the world.
And are we, as citizens of the country being dragged into it, going to shown concrete evidence that it was President Assad that is responsible and not rebels? No we are not. It's all bullying bullshit IMO. Obama (and Cameron ) can talk about world peace all they want, but it's them who are steering the world further away from it.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 pm

marko69 wrote:Using chemical weapons is wrong. Everyone understands that. But I do wonder why a warhead containing chemicals that kills a few hundred people is any different than warheads with conventional explosives that kill tens of thousands of people. Masses of typical hypocrisy. I also don't understand why it's Americas job to "police" the world.
And are we, as citizens of the country being dragged into it, going to shown concrete evidence that it was President Assad that is responsible and not rebels? No we are not. It's all bullying bullshit IMO. Obama (and Cameron ) can talk about world peace all they want, but it's them who are steering the world further away from it.

Agreed Marko but SOMEONE has to stand up and say thats wrong AND do something about it. Too many nowadays would walk past an unsavoury incident without getting involved, and I include myself in that too unfortunately sometimes.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:19 pm

PBB......, you know, and I know, that it'll never be proved that Assad is to blame. They will say there is concrete proof, but its all sh*t. It's a problem within Syria, that Syrian authorities should be sorting out. But once again we (because we are tagged with the US) are going to wade in with the usual heavy handedness. It's sickening.

It shouldn't be likened alongside unsavoury incidents in the street and walking on by. That's an individual thing, spur of the moment thing. This is organised and planned warfare on a country that should really be sorting its own sh*t out And yes, I do feel for the people being "poisoned" .... (if that indeed actually happened)..... But I also feel for the 5 people I know that lost sons in Afghanistan. Just stay the f*ck out of it.

Long story short....., way back in 97, me and a mate are walking through Tollcross in Edinburgh after an Xmas night out. I see this guy punch his girlfriend quite bloody hard in the face, there is blood etc......, we were walking past to I decided to floor the guy with a swift headbutt......, my mate helps her up, then she boots ME in the balls for headbutting him!!! Sometimes you just don't get involved.

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm

phily bon bon wrote:
marko69 wrote:Using chemical weapons is wrong. Everyone understands that. But I do wonder why a warhead containing chemicals that kills a few hundred people is any different than warheads with conventional explosives that kill tens of thousands of people. Masses of typical hypocrisy. I also don't understand why it's Americas job to "police" the world.

Agreed Marko but SOMEONE has to stand up and say thats wrong AND do something about it. Too many nowadays would walk past an unsavoury incident without getting involved, and I include myself in that too unfortunately sometimes.
I totally agree. The US and the UK should not be getting involved in Syria's civil war! Have we not learned from the past?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 pm

People who when they drop their kids off at school want to park in the classroom.

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 pm

marko69 wrote:PBB......, you know, and I know, that it'll never be proved that Assad is to blame. They will say there is concrete proof, but its all sh*t. It's a problem within Syria, that Syrian authorities should be sorting out. But once again we (because we are tagged with the US) are going to wade in with the usual heavy handedness. It's sickening.

It shouldn't be likened alongside unsavoury incidents in the street and walking on by. That's an individual thing, spur of the moment thing. This is organised and planned warfare on a country that should really be sorting its own sh*t out And yes, I do feel for the people being "poisoned" .... (if that indeed actually happened)..... But I also feel for the 5 people I know that lost sons in Afghanistan. Just stay the f*ck out of it.

Long story short....., way back in 97, me and a mate are walking through Tollcross in Edinburgh after an Xmas night out. I see this guy punch his girlfriend quite bloody hard in the face, there is blood etc......, we were walking past to I decided to floor the guy with a swift headbutt......, my mate helps her up, then she boots ME in the balls for headbutting him!!! Sometimes you just don't get involved.
The problem with the bit in bold is that there's every chance it was the Syrian authorities who carried out the attack.

I'm kind of torn on this one. Part of me agrees with the Don that it is important to step in and take action as a line has well and truly been crossed but at the same time I really wonder what is to be gained from such an intervention and we run the risk of f**king things up even more. It's a tough one.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 pm

You've basically said what I hinted on. Your quote, "there is every chance"......, it's too big a move to take when we are dealing with "chance". This is completely different from Iraq, this could genuinely destabilise an already shaky world. It will indeed, f*ck things up even more, of that there is no doubt whatsoever. Like 9 said, has no one learned a thing from dabbling in the Middle East?

Is it all just an Oil thing?

What about the atrocities in East Timor from the 80's? Women and children being publically beheaded, people rounded up and set on fire, and there was footage of some of it. The island was crying out for help for years. Did America and the UK go in as a team and help? No one gave a rats arse because there is nothing there.

There is definitely something not quite right about all this WMD and using chemicals bullshit. There was something not quite right about the whole 9/11 affair but that's another story.

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 am

Why do we always have to resort to bombing? I venture, would it not be wise to save bombing for a last resort? I'm just guessing here, but wouldn't a more civilized approach be to heavily increase logistical support and to impose sanctions that would also affect Russia...a sort of nudge. Chemical bombs kill people just like rockets do. Let's not justify killings in our favour just yet.

Wellywood

Post by Wellywood » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57 am

Herbivore wrote:
marko69 wrote:PBB......, you know, and I know, that it'll never be proved that Assad is to blame. They will say there is concrete proof, but its all sh*t. It's a problem within Syria, that Syrian authorities should be sorting out. But once again we (because we are tagged with the US) are going to wade in with the usual heavy handedness. It's sickening.

The problem with the bit in bold is that there's every chance it was the Syrian authorities who carried out the attack.

I'm kind of torn on this one. Part of me agrees with the Don that it is important to step in and take action as a line has well and truly been crossed but at the same time I really wonder what is to be gained from such an intervention and we run the risk of f**king things up even more. It's a tough one.

We will only go in because they are not pissing in Americas pocket

Wellywood

Post by Wellywood » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 am

People who say one thing but do another *****as a man is defined by his actions*** these people are either lairs or ball-less

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 am

Just heard on the 7am news, British politicians won't vote on military action until the UN inspectors have finished their work and their "findings" are clearer.
Yeah, because IF there are chemical weapons, the Syrians are just going to have them all lined up ready to show, and the plant that makes them (if one exists) is going to open its doors and welcome them in for tea and biscuits and a guided tour on how they make poisoness weapons.
Unf**kingreal. Deja vu? They think the general public are buttoned up the back, which of course, the majority are.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am

That's why I have trouble getting dressed in the mornings

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

The Don wrote:That's why I have trouble getting dressed in the mornings
Yeah but you've got nice padded walls for comfort though eh?

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 pm

I agree Marko we should learn our lesson after Iraq but gassing thousands cant be right and someone somewhere somehow has to stand up and be counted. My older brother was also in a situation like you for being a good samaritan,so i know the perals.of getting involed in something one may not know all the facts of.
I hope that if something is done.that we have a road coalition of both Arab and European countries backing us and the Americans up otherwise its doomed to fail.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

phily bon bon wrote:I agree Marko we should learn our lesson after Iraq but gassing thousands cant be right and someone somewhere somehow has to stand up and be counted. My older brother was also in a situation like you for being a good samaritan,so i know the perals.of getting involed in something one may not know all the facts of.
I hope that if something is done.that we have a road coalition of both Arab and European countries backing us and the Americans up otherwise its doomed to fail.
This is the key part with regard to US/UK intervention. Facts need to be brought to, not just governments, but the population as well. I'd certainly like to see some hard evidence that going into Syria is something that needs done. Like I've personally said before, (my opinion) yes its terrible that people are being gassed, if anyone wants it stopped, I'm the very person....., but it fundamentally HAS to be proved that's its "the powers that be" doing the deed. That has not been proved. If its an internal thing, ie, a Talibani Syrian equivalent....., then get it feckin sorted themselves without the US/UK pissing off the likes of Russia and China.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm

marko69 wrote:
phily bon bon wrote:I agree Marko we should learn our lesson after Iraq but gassing thousands cant be right and someone somewhere somehow has to stand up and be counted. My older brother was also in a situation like you for being a good samaritan,so i know the perals.of getting involed in something one may not know all the facts of.
This is the key part with regard to US/UK intervention. Facts need to be brought to, not just governments, but the population as well. I'd certainly like to see some hard evidence that going into Syria is something that needs done. Like I've personally said before, (my opinion) yes its terrible that people are being gassed, if anyone wants it stopped, I'm the very person....., but it fundamentally HAS to be proved that's its "the powers that be" doing the deed. That has not been proved. If its an internal thing, ie, a Talibani Syrian equivalent....., then get it feckin sorted themselves without the US/UK pissing off the likes of Russia and China.

Again i can see the logic in what your writting Marko. I guess i would like to think i would be one of those kicking arse and actually doing something if needed, BUT its critical that all the facts are known. Its right that the locals should be dealing first and foremost with internal matters.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Doubt very much there will be boots on the ground as the US / UK does not want to become embroiled in another campaign.

Obama made his red line threat, and as a US President has now boxed himself into a corner...he has to act, or be seen to be bluffing, which will come with all sorts of ramifications down the line.

Over and above that...it's not ok to use chemical weapons against people...Asad is a damn screw loose. Need to wait for UN confirmation (although this is probably the second chemical weapon attack) there were strong indications that the "red line" was crossed months ago.

They'll throw a few missiles as a "don't be naughty again" and leave.

They don't want to destabilise Asad enough that he falls as they don't want a power vacuum, but...you can't go using Chemical Weapons.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 pm

The Oatmeal says it best!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 pm

vaalae wrote:The Oatmeal says it best!

Good point well maethrough the medium of cartoons , but someone has to say enough is enough. Just hope its not us and the US again.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 pm

Sky dicking about with the channel numbers.

If you're going to introduce sky sports five, put it on channel 405 and move sky sports news up one. Why move them all around so that the first sports channel is now on 02 and so on?

And sky sports news hq? Wtf is that about? :evil:

morph

Post by morph » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Anybody from Norfolk.
People using mobiles in public places.
People using mobiles while driving.
The price of razor blades.
Piers Morgan.
Public Transport running late.
Road works when nobody is working on them.
Scottish presenters.
Reality TV programmes.
Andy Townsend.
Flies.
People who think they know about wine.
Flat pack furniture.
Food snobs.
Golfers who think they are golfer.
Celebrities who have done nothing.
Garth Crookes.
Modern art.
Japanese tourists.

I could go on, but I am getting wound up just thinking of these things.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Holy Fk, Morph......, what's left to talk about at a snobby tea party?

With you on the Scottish presenters though. They're all d*cks. But I do like Hazel Irvine. She's a darling.

And Garth Crookes? That's a strange choice in your list. What about Garth Brookes and a wee bit square dancing?

morph

Post by morph » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

marko69 wrote:Holy Fk, Morph......, what's left to talk about at a snobby tea party?

With you on the Scottish presenters though. They're all d*cks. But I do like Hazel Irvine. She's a darling.

And Garth Crookes? That's a strange choice in your list. What about Garth Brookes and a wee bit square dancing?
Could you have a constructive conversation with him, or would he just rubbish everything you said?
Having an opinion is fine, but also be aware that others are entitled to theirs.