NFL Time!!!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: NFL Time!!!

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:43 pm

It’s not really my sport but I watched it this morning out of interest as one of the Rams lives opposite my daughter & family in one of the LA suberbs. At least if we bump into him when we visit shortly I can say I watched it. I can’t say I have much idea about the rules but got the gist of what was going on and Wow, what a way to win and what a player Aaron Donald is. My son in law keeps wanting to take me to a game but I think I’ll stick with footie, it’s much easier to understand and only takes only half as long to get a result.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:13 pm

It really was a super game! Both teams deserved it, but the Rams had the resilience to battle for the win even without one of their best receivers OBJ. I'm especially happy for Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford and of course Aaron Donald! Cooper Kupp certainly deserved MVP. Great game!!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:13 pm
It really was a super game! Both teams deserved it, but the Rams had the resilience to battle for the win even without one of their best receivers OBJ. I'm especially happy for Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford and of course Aaron Donald! Cooper Kupp certainly deserved MVP. Great game!!
out of interest Mr 9, from start to finish how long does this match long, never really ever watched it.but it seems to go on for ever, ?
like rugby i think its for players that cant kick the ball they have to carry it, :wink:
glad you enjoyed it, :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm
out of interest Mr 9, from start to finish how long does this match long, never really ever watched it.but it seems to go on for ever, ?
like rugby i think its for players that cant kick the ball they have to carry it, :wink:
The games usually last about 3 hours. The official time is 1 hour, but the clock stops 'most' of the time when the ball is not in play. Both teams also have 3 timeouts per half, and of course there's a 30 min halftime. Further, the clock always stops during contested or reviewed plays and those can add up during a game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Everyone must've knew YEARS ago, (Primary School days) that Cooper Kupp was going to be a big star. You do not have that name and work in a "Home Depot"....., no chance.

"Would Cooper Kupp go to checkout number 19 and assist Robert Smith with a customer please. Thank you." ---->> Not going to happen.

Didn't see the game but have witnessed the touchdowns. Looked an entertaining game. And Cincinnati look like they could be big next season also. Burrows looks awesome.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm
The games usually last about 3 hours. The official time is 1 hour, but the clock stops 'most' of the time when the ball is not in play. Both teams also have 3 timeouts per half, and of course there's a 30 min halftime. Further, the clock always stops during contested or reviewed plays and those can add up during a game.
They do seem to make a day of it over their, always remember watching tv programmes seemed to last all evening, the ads were so long you forgot what you were watching in the first place lol.