NFL Time!!!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: NFL Time!!!

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:43 pm

It’s not really my sport but I watched it this morning out of interest as one of the Rams lives opposite my daughter & family in one of the LA suberbs. At least if we bump into him when we visit shortly I can say I watched it. I can’t say I have much idea about the rules but got the gist of what was going on and Wow, what a way to win and what a player Aaron Donald is. My son in law keeps wanting to take me to a game but I think I’ll stick with footie, it’s much easier to understand and only takes only half as long to get a result.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:13 pm

It really was a super game! Both teams deserved it, but the Rams had the resilience to battle for the win even without one of their best receivers OBJ. I'm especially happy for Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford and of course Aaron Donald! Cooper Kupp certainly deserved MVP. Great game!!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:13 pm
It really was a super game! Both teams deserved it, but the Rams had the resilience to battle for the win even without one of their best receivers OBJ. I'm especially happy for Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford and of course Aaron Donald! Cooper Kupp certainly deserved MVP. Great game!!
out of interest Mr 9, from start to finish how long does this match long, never really ever watched it.but it seems to go on for ever, ?
like rugby i think its for players that cant kick the ball they have to carry it, :wink:
glad you enjoyed it, :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm
out of interest Mr 9, from start to finish how long does this match long, never really ever watched it.but it seems to go on for ever, ?
like rugby i think its for players that cant kick the ball they have to carry it, :wink:
The games usually last about 3 hours. The official time is 1 hour, but the clock stops 'most' of the time when the ball is not in play. Both teams also have 3 timeouts per half, and of course there's a 30 min halftime. Further, the clock always stops during contested or reviewed plays and those can add up during a game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Everyone must've knew YEARS ago, (Primary School days) that Cooper Kupp was going to be a big star. You do not have that name and work in a "Home Depot"....., no chance.

"Would Cooper Kupp go to checkout number 19 and assist Robert Smith with a customer please. Thank you." ---->> Not going to happen.

Didn't see the game but have witnessed the touchdowns. Looked an entertaining game. And Cincinnati look like they could be big next season also. Burrows looks awesome.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:23 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:51 pm
The games usually last about 3 hours. The official time is 1 hour, but the clock stops 'most' of the time when the ball is not in play. Both teams also have 3 timeouts per half, and of course there's a 30 min halftime. Further, the clock always stops during contested or reviewed plays and those can add up during a game.
They do seem to make a day of it over their, always remember watching tv programmes seemed to last all evening, the ads were so long you forgot what you were watching in the first place lol.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Well here we go gearing up for another NFL season and things are sunny here in Browns Town as we have a brand new overpaid sex addict QB who probably won’t play all year, after we ran the other one who played through three injuries out of town. That’s okay, the Browns have stated they are quite confident in the backup, so much so that it is being reported they are looking to sign Garapalo who no one wants.

Yep, bring on the season as it appears another bourbon infused fall awaits! 🥃

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:54 pm

Did anyone go to the Giants/Packers game?

There's a lot of parity in the league so far, but a few teams are beginning to show their mettle. Buffalo and Philadelphia are proving to be strong, and of course Mahomes is beginning to show his true self again. As a Cowboy's fan, I was sure the season was doomed again...with Prescott's injured hand. Suprisingly the backup QB Cooper Rush has led the team to 4 straight wins. It's too early to pick SB probabilities, but the aforementioned teams are definite possibilities...not including the Cowboys of course! :lol:

Who else follows the NFL? I know Shed, Bluemike and Marko have their teams. Are there any other TB.Com closet NFL fans?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:45 pm

Yesterday, (9th Oct)
NE Pats 29 Loser Lions 0 —->> zero.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:05 am

Couldn't get tickets for the Packers game, not a chance in hell.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:05 am
That result was a bit of a coupon burster. Giants are supposed to be sh*te this season. 🤔

Fully expect the Pack to annihilate the losers on Nov 6th……… and 9’s ‘Boys to do the same 23rd Oct after the much needed “BYE”

Its always “bye, Detroit” before the bye. Useless fkrs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:21 am

I don't think the Packers are going to do a lot this season, we lost Devante Adams who for me is the best receiver in the game, as crazy as it sounds I'm fed up with Aaron Rodgers and his over inflated ego, I think he is way past his best as Sunday showed, I would rather he had moved on instead of Adams.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:28 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:05 am
That result was a bit of a coupon burster. Giants are supposed to be sh*te this season. 🤔

Fully expect the Pack to annihilate the losers on Nov 6th……… and 9’s ‘Boys to do the same 23rd Oct after the much needed “BYE”

Its always “bye, Detroit” before the bye. Useless fkrs.
The Giants are better than people thought with Brian Daboll at the helm; he's definitely got something to prove. NFC East is a tough division this year, after years of mediocrity. Of course the Commanders are still shyte with a shyte name.

Yep, Rogers isn't as consistent as he used to be. He blows hot and cold. Agree, Adam's departure could be part of it or maybe AR is just high all the time! :lol:
Last edited by number 9 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:31 pm

They just took the absolute pi$$ out of the people whinging about the racism aspect of “Redskins” ….. (which i do not think is racist in the slightest)
Lets change the name to “The Commanders” …… named after the commanders who waltzed in and stole the nation from the …… err, Native American “Redskins”?
To me, the name Redskins was honouring the natives.
Hope the people chanting for that change feel properly stupid.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:20 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:48 pm

Not been bothering with this since the Lions started the season 1-6 after 7......, they went on a winning spree, currently 8-8 going into the last game tonight @ those mighty Fudge Packers......., to finish 5-1 in the division would be awesome. Here is the conundrum though; the Lions are relying on the Rams defeating the Seahawks..... if the Rams prevail, and the Lions do the Pack....., its Play-Off time! Not holding breath.

Lions v Packers @ 1;20am our time......., think i'll tune in to that and go in late tomorrow.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:55 pm

HT......, Rams winning by a TD......, anything can happen but so far so good.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:32 am

Rams lose......, so the Lions @ GB was all about pride......., and stopping Rodgers heading to the Play-Offs........ and unlike the Lions....... THEY DID IT!!!!! :lol: Talk about ruining the Aaron Rodgers last ever game party.
For the Lions to be 1-6 and end the season 9-8 ---->> next season could be very interesting indeed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:25 am

Can't believe how bad we've been this season, awful. Rodgers needed to go end of last season not Devante Adams.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:52 am

Once again the Jets showed some consistency towards the end of season by losing their last 6 games. :lol: There was me at one point in the season thinking we might actually make the playoffs.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:34 pm

I'm sure my Cowboys will be 'one and done' again. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of Prescott. The 49ers are looking the real deal in the NFC, and of course those nasty Eagles. :evil:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:46 am

Toppled Tom, 9? Nice win.

nfc semi finals……. Or divisionals or whatever!
Dons 49ers v yer ‘Boys
Eagles v NYG

Tipping 9ers v Bills SB

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:27 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:46 am
Toppled Tom, 9? Nice win.

nfc semi finals……. Or divisionals or whatever!
Dons 49ers v yer ‘Boys
Eagles v NYG

Tipping 9ers v Bills SB
Agree 49ers go all the way. I think the Chiefs will have something special to offer and don’t be surprised if the Bengals beat the Bills. Please oh please don’t let it be the Eagles in the SB!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 am

Yep, Bengals have been decent. Got a fellow AFL Richmond Tigers supporter buddy who follows the Bengals (and wears their t-shirts & caps etc on occasion 🤷‍♂️, must be a “Tigers” thing)…… but yes the Bengals v Bills could be a close one.

Wouldn't be bothered too much to see the Jags put one over on the Chiefs. Got a quite irritating English brother-in-law, Man Utd fan who also started following the NFL after Mahomes & Co won it a few years back. Now HE & Nephew wear Chiefs stuff??! 🤷‍♂️

Funny short story……. The AFL’s Richmond Tigers, who i’ve followed since 1978, won their first Premiership in 37 years in 2017, (then won it 2019, 2020) …… but in 2017 after annihilating the Adelaide Crows in the final, bro in law was like, “oh they sound great, Mark, think i’ll get a t-shirt!”
I was like, “Naw! Feck off! Ive suffered 39 years of utter shyteness, dont you waltz in here and jump on this glory bandwagon!” :lol:
To really annoy him, (properly annoy him) I tell him if he was 10 years older, he’d be a Liverpool fan! :lol: They were the glory hunters choice of the early 80s.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 pm

Oh FFS, Eagles in the SB! It must be global warming cuz there’s no way those c*cks should be there. It’s like Norwich Shitty winning the league! You watch though, no way in hell KS will beat Eagles.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:01 am

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:10 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:35 am

Is that REALLY it now, Tom? We heard the resignation speech 366 days ago! :lol:

The absolute undisputed GOAT.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:45 pm

I’m thinking the Eagles will take Mahomes to the nest and feed him to the eaglets. What do you think, Marko? My predictions have been wrong so far, hopefully I’m wrong again.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:47 am

Ok, long story short here, 9......, my pain in the a$$ brother in law, from Winchester & Man Utd fan, follows KC & the Sunshine Chiefs....., and that was because they won the Bowl a few years ago. Even my nephew has been wearing Chiefs replica sh*t. Pair of glory hunting gits. So purely on that basis......., (and maybe a little bit about the Eagles being the green team)...., sorry but, rooting for an Eagles win for the NFC.

BTW, I just love winding the bro-in-law up......, reminding him that if he was 10-15 years older, he'd be a Liverpool fan. He HATES it. My sister sort of hates it as well as apparently he goes a bit grumpy! :lol: