David Cameron's Security Detail

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

David Cameron's Security Detail

Post by The Don » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:01 pm

I've just seen the footage from today's incident in leeds and it's utterly amazing. During a time when our current threat level stands at severe, meaning an attack is highly likely, how can just anybody be able to get that close to a serving leader?

I understand that the job is quite mundane at times, it is by no way anything like how the films demonstrate it, and it's possible to find yourself extremely tired, but this is ridiculous.

During principal movement an embus and debus (the getting to and from a vehicle) are the most vulnerable points of the task. You are exposed for a period of time. This is when CPO's should be at their most aware.

Serious questions need to be asked on how this was allowed to happen.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: David Cameron's Security Detail

Post by Frosty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Haven't seen the incident Rob, but surely it pales in comparison to some recent White House security lapses. Wasn't Obama stuck in a lift on his own with some dude with a chequered past?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: David Cameron's Security Detail

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 pm

The Don wrote:I've just seen the footage from today's incident in leeds and it's utterly amazing. During a time when our current threat level stands at severe, meaning an attack is highly likely, how can just anybody be able to get that close to a serving leader?

I understand that the job is quite mundane at times, it is by no way anything like how the films demonstrate it, and it's possible to find yourself extremely tired, but this is ridiculous.

During principal movement an embus and debus (the getting to and from a vehicle) are the most vulnerable points of the task. You are exposed for a period of time. This is when CPO's should be at their most aware.

Serious questions need to be asked on how this was allowed to happen.

I suspect at least one if not two of these fellas will soon be relieved of their duties. It certainly looked pretty poor protection.