The minds of the women

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ohiotractorboy

The minds of the women

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:16 pm

So, I am watching the latest episode of The Middle show (quality show btw).

In the episode, the dad is talking to the mom on the phone. The dad is with his daughter looking at universities. The dad tells the mom that the daughter is upset, but doesn't know why. When the mom asks what is wrong, the dad states that she is crying in the bathroom with the door closed. The mom then says that means SHE WANTS HIM TO TALK TO HER.

I made the mistake of saying, "Huh?" It was then explained to me by the misses and the 5th grader that when she shut the door she was clearly stating that she wanted him to talk to her. Oh, and when you knock on the door and they say, "Go away", that means that they want the guy to show he cares more by staying anyway so that you can talk to them even though they shut the door and said go away, and they do a "silent facepalm" if you do what they said and go away, which apparently means stay harder. Or something.

The misses saying this didnt faze me as much, as she has had a while to develop this thought process. The little one bothered me, as this is some kind of genetic abnormality. The oldest opeted to stay quiet and give dad a break, bless her soul.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: The minds of the women

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Nice post, Ohio.

I also watch "The Middle" when I get the chance. Great show..... The dad was the janitor in "Scrubs" and he's hilarious. The mom is hot! :D

My kids were brought up completely different though. "Huffs" were not even entertained and they all knew that. If any one of the three stormed out in a strop, neither myself or the wife acted on it. They learned fast that it doesn't work. Oldest son 27, daughter 23 and youngest now 21..... They're all great and we all still gather for Sunday dinner together and have a laugh, (not always the oldest, he lives in London) . But we just never gave in to their utter bullshit when they ever went on a tantrum.

Now......, the 3 and half year old granddaughter? She's a different story all together ! Hahaha!
Apparently, according to the wife, I'm always giving in.... Example:

Me: Right come on now, we need to go, get your coat on, it's cold outside.
Her: NO PAPA, I'm watching Peppa pig.
Me: ok, we can watch 5 more minutes.

Ohiotractorboy

Re: The minds of the women

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Oh yes, the five more minutes thing must be universal!