Hello

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

crazy

Hello

Post by crazy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Hello
It's been a long time since I've posted on here
I recognise usernames but for the life of me can't remember who some of you are (might have to reread the welcome posts) worst still I've probably got some of you on facebook :lol: :)
so remind me who you all are and to those who I don't recognise hello from me to you.
Hope you're all ok
Have a good day.

Ohiotractorboy

Re: Hello

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:55 pm

hello,
I have only been her since 2010, so good to meet ya!

crazy

Post by crazy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:59 pm

I remember your username...briefly! :lol:
Nice to be back :)

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:17 pm

im here now and again !!!

crazy

Post by crazy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:22 pm

nice to see your still about on here quasar :) your one of the few i can remember :lol:

Fully

Post by Fully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Who are you? Don't know you. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Wow! You guys have got a combined post count of almost 30K. You both must've waffled WAAAY too much before I joined! :D

Fully

Post by Fully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 pm

marko69 wrote:Wow! You guys have got a combined post count of almost 30K. You both must've waffled WAAAY too much before I joined! :D
For me, it was incessantly. Remember getting a few warnings because people thought I was just spamming every thread to get my post count up. :D

Oh and 9k of those are probably Prediction League/Word Association thread posts :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:41 pm

That word association game should make a comeback. I'd enjoy that. The posting game floats a lot of people's boats, but just can't "get it" at all.

Are you both back posting for a while?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 am

Kirsty Vale, Yes I remember you. Did some work for charity some time back including some flying challenge.

Hope life's treating you well

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 am

Welcome back Kirst

crazy

Post by crazy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm

I dont know how long I will be back for its a tad quiet!
marko-there used to be many heated discussions in here -miss the old times! plus i used to be addicted! but in my defence i was one of the first few to join thats my excuse :lol:
saint jude-that was me lifes ok thanks hope you are too
and finally thanks the don

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

And did people throw the toys from the pram as soon as it got heated; like it does these days? That's the reason as to why it's quiet on here. There a too many people these days who can offer up big opinions, but haven't got the backbone to receive counter opinions. That's my opinion anyway!! :D

You should start a new "THIS IS MY OPINION" section, and only people with a "backbone" should apply! That should get some heated discussion back on the pages. Nothing wrong with a good heated discussion.

Only two rules:

1/ "You are talking absolute fkn Shyte mate " ....... Allowed
2/ "You are talking absolute fkn Shyte you complete tw@t"...... Not allowed.

I could start a topic right now after listening to an absolute fkn tw@....... Sorry, (not allowed) guy on The Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2. Regarding the German air disaster.
He said cabin crew shouldn't be taking days off for emotional reasons, they should "get on with it"......., I disagree wholeheartedly with this guys opinion.

Maybe this new "opinion" section is a bad idea, Crazy. Strike that.

crazy

Post by crazy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 pm

there were many heated discussions where toys were thrown but thats what made it interesting at times :lol:
i agree with your opinion of the cabin crew what is the world coming too?
can you imagine the chaos an opinion section would cause :mrgreen:
we could try it and see how many people respond then id know who still posts :lol:

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 pm

im still here

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:11 am

This section (in the simplest terms) isn't the same (as say four or five years back) due to certain names that no longer participate.

You maybe got your own (as in whoever is reading this) suspects list but as a recall, people like Brendan in Melbourne, ATB, Helen 83, Astrocomet, Hatch, Diddy Dubz, Frankie, Valaae, etc.

I was a part of it also but left the forum for two and a half years due to other events and on return, the aforementioned names, had, - by and large - not returned and gone their seperate ways.

Guess times change and people move on. It's just the way it is

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:21 am

f*ck them. They're probably all twatting on twatter and Facebook.

There's a decent set of people on here now. What's the problem?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Never said they were indecent. There's just not the same camaraderie as before. Although as stated I think all this f**king social media has something to do with it. The aforementioned names were a lot more prevalent at a time when it was unheard of, or even in it's formative stages. I think the bottom line is things were better back then and guess being honest wish you could go back to how we remember it. Time doesn't always work for the better.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:40 pm

I can help you with one if them....... Frankie Vaalae....... He was in Grease.

"Beauty school drop out.........., no graduation day for you ....... Beauty school drop out........."

COME ON, SAINT....... JOIN IN ........

crazy

Post by crazy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 am

A few of the memebers you mentioned saint jude got banned I agree social media prob plays a big part as to why some members dont post anymore
I still speak and see bren when he comes over
I have made and kept friends with many of the old posters on here but there are many that just disappeared over time :(
it shows hoow little thia section gets used as in the past your post would be pages down if not visited for a while due to the amount of new posts that people have posted not anymore tho

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 am

crazy wrote:A few of the memebers you mentioned saint jude got banned I agree social media prob plays a big part as to why some members dont post anymore
I still speak and see bren when he comes over
I have made and kept friends with many of the old posters on here but there are many that just disappeared over time :(
it shows hoow little thia section gets used as in the past your post would be pages down if not visited for a while due to the amount of new posts that people have posted not anymore tho
Got to say I don't like a forum that's overly busy. Kind of makes things awkward when you've got hundreds of people on at the same time and new threads starting left and right. Obviously the more people that participate, the more new topics will be born, and it gets to a point where the pages only resemble a mess.

In the seven years on here we've never had more than say nine or ten people at any time (except for very rare occasions) , that goes for the main soccer index and miscellaneous sections inclusive so regulars are going to know what to expect. As before, would ideally want it that way and doubtless it makes moderation duties easier with less to keep focus on. You can only imagine how hard it would be to keep track of hundreds of users, each day, every day, and keeping to the confines of acceptable behavior.