Christopher Lee

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

Christopher Lee

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Has sadly passed away due to heart faliure. The death occured on June 7 but his family have only just announced a few hours recent.

93 years of age was a marvellous achievement and takes on a greater significance as I am a long standing James Bond enthusiast and he played the main adversary in 1974's The Man With The Golden Gun

An actor of such caliber he deserves to be held in high regard with names such as Olivier, Bogart, Cagney etc. Had the honor of Commander of the British Empire and was also knighed for his services to film and literature - a truly deserved award.

Sympathies to his family at this difficult time, he was a great talent

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Re: Christopher Lee

Post by The Don » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:52 am

Yesterday saw the loss of Christopher Lee, Ron Moody and Dusty Rhodes.

Three big players in their respective fields and with the exception of Rhodes, graced with longevity.

When you look at the fact Lee lived until he was 93 with pretty much 200 films to his name, I feel he achieved all he needed to really.

A tip of the cap to all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:30 am

One of my earliest cinema memories was "The man with the golden gun" at the odeon in Edinburgh. The days when a film could be years old but still be in the cinema.

And those Hammer Horror films were bloody scary sh*t.

You'll be missed, Christopher Lee.

RIP

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:46 am

Ironically as I was desperate to watch something because of 60 channels of sh*t , I watch part of the 1973 movie 'the wicker man' that he was in. With all due respect , the remake from a few years back was a lot better

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Frosty wrote:Ironically as I was desperate to watch something because of 60 channels of sh*t , I watch part of the 1973 movie 'the wicker man' that he was in. With all due respect , the remake from a few years back was a lot better
Haha 'the wicker man'! You must have enjoyed that blonde incantation in the room next to the policeman?

I'll remember Christopher Lee mostly for his Dracula films. He & Peter Cushing certainly played the part well. I think I was about 6 yrs old when I watched those films! It's a different world today.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 pm

number 9 wrote:
Frosty wrote:Ironically as I was desperate to watch something because of 60 channels of sh*t , I watch part of the 1973 movie 'the wicker man' that he was in. With all due respect , the remake from a few years back was a lot better
Haha 'the wicker man'! You must have enjoyed that blonde incantation in the room next to the policeman?

I'll remember Christopher Lee mostly for his Dracula films. He & Peter Cushing certainly played the part well. I think I was about 6 yrs old when I watched those films! It's a different world today.
The remake with Cage (an "actor" best avoided) was a lousy effort and not a touch on the '73 original. Remember viewing the first some time after release and it still retains an ability to shock or cause offense.

Apparently Lee was in some of those Lord of the Rings movies but wouldn't even bother to take in a viewing. If you take a look at his ancestry chart it makes for some impressive reading.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Cannot agree more about Cage. He is shocking.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:18 am

marko69 wrote:Cannot agree more about Cage. He is shocking.
You could roll out a list of titles he's been involved with i.e. Con Air, Leaving Las Vegas, The Rock, Snake Eyes etc and he makes it just about unwatchable. Unfortunately he's the leading part in all but take the name out of it, you'd have some decent viewing there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:33 pm

I have, in the past, said the words regarding Con Air..... "This film would be so much better if it wasn't Cage."

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:52 pm

marko69 wrote:I have, in the past, said the words regarding Con Air..... "This film would be so much better if it wasn't Cage."
I'm assuming you missed his award winning performance in 'Valley Girl'? :lol: