Everton

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ijjysmith

Everton

Post by ijjysmith » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Hello there.

Just after Ipswich fans opinions on Everton really.

Are we liked by you guys? Thoughts on Martinez? Everton or them deluded lot over the park if you had to choose?

Any memories of good games against us?

Not doing research for anything in particular. Just wondering really!

For context, my old man is an Ipswich fan. So it was ingrained into me to believe that Ray Crawford was the best striker ever! (I don't mention Dixie Dean, just saves an argument!).

arana peligrosa

Re: Everton

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:18 am

Awkward to answer as have followed both teams

#1 Would imagine there is no animosity between sets of supporters / Martinez did well for a time but proved to be a flash in the pan, if the club wants to see progress would ideally like to see someone else there next season / no response is necessary

#2 FA Cup 1980, 1985, 1998 or 99 (All Everton wins). Town winning 4 - 0 in Liverpool around the time of the 1980 FA Cup game, the Rideout goal at Portman Road in 1995 that saw EFC survive as an EPL team. Ipswich winning 3 - 0 at Everton in 2000 / 2001 - Stewart scrored all three if correct

And Yes, Dean was better than Crawford. Damn it Dean was just about on a higher plateau than anyone else, would be worth a damn price in todays market that you couldn't put a figure on, (I put together a piece on the Grand Old Team site in 2010 to mark the 30th anniversary of his passing and it was very well received)