Just built a new Fantasy Football game. Would love feedback!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

DaBeeeenster

Just built a new Fantasy Football game. Would love feedback!

Post by DaBeeeenster » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi,

I hope this isn't against the rules of the forum; if it is I apologise!

Some friends and I have been playing an American draft-based fantasy football game (based on Premier League data) for a couple of seasons. We found it way more enjoyable than the existing premier league FF games, and so at the beginning of this year decided we would have a crack at making our own. I run a small web development company and so we put a team together and recently launched https://www.dugoutfc.com

The draft model is very different to the way most UK FF games work. You play in a division of up to 10 opponents, and no two teams can have the same player. Before the season start players are selected based on a fair "draft" system, and after that there's a transfer system in place to trade players between teams.

The game is free to play, and will stay that way!

We're really looking for feedback on the idea, and any ways people think it might be improved. As a tractor boy myself I'd love to be able to play with Championship data, but the feed from Opta is ****ing expensive! So for now it's just EPL. Maybe next year we'll get promoted ;)

Thanks

number 9

Re: Just built a new Fantasy Football game. Would love feedback!

Post by number 9 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

It looks and sounds great, DB! Will you be setting up a league for tractor.boys? I'm in!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Really nice looking site, like the idea of a draft so a player is playing for one team only. Count me in if you get something running for this forum.

DaBeeeenster

Post by DaBeeeenster » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks peeps - that's really encouraging. We think it might be hard for people to appreciate how much better the draft format is!

I'm playing a league with the guys at work but feel free to create a league for the forum. It's free to play.