Operation on Thursday

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Floors

Operation on Thursday

Post by Floors » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:25 am

Into hospital Thursday for a back op. Actually looking forward to in a weird way as its going to rid the pain I'm in.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Operation on Thursday

Post by TODD66 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Good luck with that one chap - hope it all goes well for you.

Just been told this morning that I can get back to work on 'light duties' following emergency surgery on a detached retina. Still can't really see anything other than shapes and colour via my left eye, but it looks like it has worked!

Surgery - a slightly dramatic way to get a couple of weeks off work!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Yip, hope all goes well, Floors and it's a speedy recovery. All the best.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Floors wrote:Into hospital Thursday for a back op. Actually looking forward to in a weird way as its going to rid the pain I'm in.
Had one (operation) back in September. Few days in hospital, surgery in between, still in the recovery process.

Thing is, when the time came to be discharged, didn't want to leave.. Best attributed to the care and attention put in and being well looked after. Once under anaesthesia there's no turning back but you're in good hands so leave it to the professionals and you'll be all right.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Pretty sure Floors wouldn't mind being under Anastasia as well......., oh anaesthesia? Sorry. Misread it.

Floors

Post by Floors » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:23 am

Thanks. I'll be back on my feet again soon :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Hope all goes well tomorrow Floors.

I play in a golf Society with a chap who had a serious back op carried out in Germany back in February, and he's now close to "back to norm".

Apparently he was a professional ballroom dancer and his pre operated back had left him very immobile with a restricted quality of life, I only met him quite recently, but there's little evidence now of how poor his quality of life was pre-op.

Here's wishing your op is equally as successful.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:53 am

Best wishes mate

Floors

Post by Floors » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:48 am

Well up again, I have to go again for another op in a couple of weeks, so hopefully after that I will be ok again. But fir now it all went ok.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 am

Floors. Good to hear that yesterday went ok, and it'll be finally done in a few weeks. Keep us posted how things progress.

Any chance of knowing the area of your back being worked on? The reason I ask is I'm going to see a consultant on Wednesday, 2nd December to discuss the possibility of getting an MRI scan on the C5, C6 and C7 area of my upper back/neck area. Briefly, I fell off a ladder in 2007 and the problem I have has been getting gradually worse since then. No pain, just loss of feeling in both arms while asleep. But on waking, I can manoeuvre my neck and the feeling instantly returns. The theory is a spinal bone spur in the upper back trapping some nerves. Really hoping the consultant agrees to the scan, basically so I can confirm to the Physio what the actual problem is. Failing that, I'll need to spend the £700 to go private.

I understand lower back problems is more common........, lower or upper back for you?

Floors

Post by Floors » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 pm

Bit different for me mate, i have a cist or lump attached to my spine which is tugging on the nerves. So first op was biopsi second upcoming one is removal. If you have nerves problems on your spine you have my true sympathy. Good luck with yours, thankfully the Danish hospitals are ok and I should be fully sorted out in the next two weeks.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Pleased it's going well and good luck for the next stage.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:28 pm

How did things go with the second stage of the operation, Floors? Let us know, buddy.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:31 am

I had a 2 injection nerve block last Monday after a year of severe pain at times, still waiting for the injections to kick in, really hope they do soon and it all been worth it.

Hope all goes well for you Floors.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Is your doctor looking into the cause of pain in the first place, Foxy Lady? Or do they know what's causing it and nerve block injections are the only way?

I got my own results back from MRI. Bulging disk at C6 vertebrae in neck. Thankfully no pain, but numb arms at night! I think I'll live with the numb arms,....., there ain't no surgeon poking around in my neck area. Knowing my luck, someone will drop something, surgeon gets fright, me paralysed from neck down. Rest of life crying, "Should've lived with the numb arms, boo hoo hoo!"

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:47 pm

marko69 wrote:Is your doctor looking into the cause of pain in the first place, Foxy Lady? Or do they know what's causing it and nerve block injections are the only way?

I got my own results back from MRI. Bulging disk at C6 vertebrae in neck. Thankfully no pain, but numb arms at night! I think I'll live with the numb arms,....., there ain't no surgeon poking around in my neck area. Knowing my luck, someone will drop something, surgeon gets fright, me paralysed from neck down. Rest of life crying, "Should've lived with the numb arms, boo hoo hoo!"
Yes they know the cause of the pain I have a bulging disk in my lower spine (can't remember what vertabrea without digging out my results). They said they weren't going to rush me into surgery......now....... but where going to look at pain management, so found some painkillers that took the edge off but about October/November time the pain stared to increase again so this time I was offered the nerve block and I took it. I know its not a long term thing but if I get a no pain few months then that alone will be nice.

I have now lost 1 stone 9lbs in weight by going to slimmimg world and that has helped a lot as there is less midriff to pull on my back.