R.I.P Sir Terry Wogan

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lucy

R.I.P Sir Terry Wogan

Post by lucy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:35 am

I officially hate Cancer. It's taken another true legend that is Sir Terry Wogan.

arana peligrosa

Re: R.I.P Sir Terry Wogan

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:42 am

It was a shock when receiving the news, hadn't even realized he'd been ill.

Take this opportunity to offer sympathies to his immediate family at this most difficult time.

This year thus far has seen some recognized names depart such as Bowie, Alan Rickman and Motorhead's Lemmy and now this passing on the back on it. It's an almost alarming rate in such a short time period.

Once again, RIP Mr Wogan and condolences to all his loved ones.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:32 am

Lemmy died Boxing Day, last year.

RIP Sir Terry......., never missed a breakfast show for easily 9 years, (2000-Dec2009) And you also catapulted my heroes, Marillion to stardom back in 85 with their appearance on "Wogan".

Legend........ Or as you would've said....... "Leg end!" :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:05 pm

To save a new thread, was surprised to learn today of the passing of one Cassius Clay (or Muhammad Ali as he became more universally recognized)

To say you're the greatest (within the boxing industry) you got to go some (that honor can be reserved for Marciano) but at least he had more claim to it than other contenders who boasted such bold proclamations (such as that jumped up sh*t Naseem Hamed). Easily one of the most iconic names ever that sports entertainment has provided and as with other great names of recognition that have passed away thus far this calendar year, it's a sad statistic, but he was an individual of immense character that influenced a generation.