When life has no value (Fools and the risks they take)

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

When life has no value (Fools and the risks they take)

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Some things have to be seen to be believed and came across a compilation recently of people - I won't call them idiots - taking unbelievable risks with public transport. One or two could be considered humorous, but for the most part you are left wondering what mentality it requires to take such chances as presented here. (No need for viewer discretion, there are no fatalities here. The only thing left to wonder is the stupidity of certain individuals)

Ohiotractorboy

Re: When life has no value (Fools and the risks they take)

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:11 pm

It is mind boggling isn't it? I have seen the results of people getting hit by a train...no bueno.

I talked to a conductor for a train company and he said that it is a common occurrence for them to have a person just walk in front of them and end it.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:It is mind boggling isn't it? I have seen the results of people getting hit by a train...no bueno.

I talked to a conductor for a train company and he said that it is a common occurrence for them to have a person just walk in front of them and end it.
What was presented wasn't necessarily about suicidal tendencies, merely people lacking enough commonsense to realize the dangers - and potential consequences - of their actions.

Furthermore (and as someone who has experienced suicidal ambitions) if you're going to kill yourself the 'best' (if that is the operative word) way of going about it is not to jump out in front of an incoming train. Not only does it cause a long-standing trauma on the drivers themselves, (on a more selfish but nonetheless relevant note) it severely messes up timetables and schedules for everyone else and the mess that has to be cleared up by relevant personnel, you can only imagine.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:38 pm

I realize what it was presented as, I was baffled by these people also.

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:21 pm

saint jude wrote:Some things have to be seen to be believed and came across a compilation recently of people - I won't call them idiots - taking unbelievable risks with public transport. One or two could be considered humorous, but for the most part you are left wondering what mentality it requires to take such chances as presented here. (No need for viewer discretion, there are no fatalities here. The only thing left to wonder is the stupidity of certain individuals)

No question, there are some prize idiots in that lot. What surprises me most, rather than the daring ones where they try to prove something, was the amount of people totally obvious to what was going on around them :roll:

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:26 pm

saint jude wrote:
Furthermore (and as someone who has experienced suicidal ambitions) if you're going to kill yourself the 'best' (if that is the operative word) way of going about it is not to jump out in front of an incoming train. Not only does it cause a long-standing trauma on the drivers themselves, (on a more selfish but nonetheless relevant note) it severely messes up timetables and schedules for everyone else and the mess that has to be cleared up by relevant personnel, you can only imagine.
Agree with that. London underground is notorious for being used as an escape. They introduced pits into the stations which helped with the issue, but it is still common to be on the tube and hear of a delay due to "one under".

I don't wish to get into a debate over suicides, it must be an absolutely awful thing to have going through your mind, but if people decide that enough is enough and that they wish to go, do it is private. Traumatising innocent drivers and other passengers is horrifically selfish.