Brexit - In or Out

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Brexit - In or Out ?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:40 am

Stay In EU
33%
Exit EU
42%
Undecided
25%

Total votes: 12

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Brexit - In or Out

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 am

Simple Question;

Based on our limited knowledge ...

What do you think In or Out?

Quasar

Re: Brexit - In or Out

Post by Quasar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:54 pm

either way - we British People are still going to get ripped off !

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:40 pm

It's being predicted by financial analysts that the UK economy will overtake Germany as Europes strongest by 2025. Why change things now?

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 am

We are too involved to pull out now I think. We done the right thing in keeping distance from the euro and I'd want to see us take things further.

Overall, stay in Europe but with a huge overall of policies.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:58 am

In In In.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:15 pm

It could be argued the UK is no longer an island, such being linked to mainland Europe by the Channel Tunnel and as for the currency issue, I hope they never follow other countries lead by having the Euro as payment. Pounds Shillings and Pence has always made the UK unique and something to be proud in, It would be a sad day if they went the same way as other nations such as the Republic of Ireland and France to ditch their old currencies and use Euros as one method of payment.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 pm

We did away with shillings in 1971

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 am

To be franc......, I couldn't care less. As long as people's boilers keep breaking down, I'm ok. Selfish bstd.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Sounds like Cameron will get concessions to keep you folks in.

Personally, looking as an outsider ... I am not so sure that I would want some countries that comprise the EU making decisions that could ultimately have negative consequences or implications for my own country.

I guess it comes down to economic pragmatism and reality, however I would have thought that brand 'U.K.' Was still a strong singular entity.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 am

Carried out the same survey yesterday with the same folks as I did a month ago and there appears to be a marginal swing towards staying in, but it's still very much split down the middle.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 pm

The problem is that people say they want facts. But there aren't any. No one knows what will happen if we stay in. There's even less of a clue what will happen should we leave.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 pm

So everyone is rather flummoxed then, Andy?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:50 pm

When we don't know the impact of voting either "in or out" it seems ridiculous having a referendum.

In my humble opinion if we don't know for sure we'd be better off coming out then we should stay in. If we vote out and then don't like it there will be know way back for sure, if we stay out and things get worse we can always have another vote a few years down the line.

My biggest worry is that the Labour Party want to stay in, that alone makes me think we should be coming out. :wink:

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Out.....

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed May 18, 2016 1:48 pm

I dont know, the EU really helped Greece. What's the problem?

As Frosty said, as an outsider I cant see how the theory that countries could all be equal monetarily, no matter their size and state of their economies, wouldn't be considered delusional at best.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 pm

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 am

So here we have it.........The uk has spoken and we are opting to pull out. Yes their will be uncertainty,Yes the global markets will react,Yes the country will be divided.........

My taking on all of this is The union has called our bluff and it has rebounded on them and they will be in more of a shock as many of us waking up this morning.

The vast amounts of mainland Europeans despise us, We are Bigots,Megalomaniacs and full of ourselves. This has shown up on a yearly basis at every "Euro-vision" song contest for the last 20 years. It turned political and has remained so since.

The Brits are fed up of being told what to do and when to do it by a non elected panel we have no say in electing in Brussels. Sure its going to be tough for a few years. But you know what? When other fringe countries get to grips with it. They too will vote to leave this egotistic so called non elected leaders of EEC telling them what to do. Greece. Portugal,Spain will im sure followed by Italy will be considering our move.

I would like now for Boris Johnson to come out and support Cameron to remain as our PM for i feel that Cameron was the one who called the EECs bluff and played the devils advocate and is the right man to stick his fingers up to the eurocrats and say to other member states.......We lead, now please follow.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:34 am

Going to end up with Boris Johnson as PM, LnP. Can't speak for you or anyone else, but that fills me with dread. I'm quite shocked with the outcome of this referendum.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:59 am

Didn't really see that outcome coming.

A bit of calm required now and some positive leadership from whom ever it may be.

Not entirely sure that DC has done the right thing saying he is going to leave first thing, but at least he is going to hang around for a little while. On who will be the next PM the thought struck me on my way back from the school run that there was one major big hitter that effectively kept their powder dry during the whole lead up. They seemed to be leaning towards remain, but I never really saw them drawn on the issue.

Teresa May. It could happen.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:47 pm

This result is an absoulte disaster and will certainly have adverse consequences for us all in the coming years. Quite how so many people can vote for something which they know nothing about is beyond me, we have without question weakened our world standing quite drastically. The people of Britain have, in my opinion, shafted the young people for years to come and for what, some misguided bullshit that we will suddenly be curing the Immigration issue that seems to have been the be all and end all of vast swathes of out voters and sod the rest of the issues. In actual fact it could even make the very thing they thought would improve much much worse.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:09 am

So Cameron decides the time is right to leave office following the decision and will vacate his position in the fall. Doesn't that provide an element of relief ? Beyond all the Saville Row suits and private education, the individual in question has been something of an embarrassment and some believe, wouldn't be employed in a position shoveling horseshit, never mind in charge of leading a nation.

All said the UK made a vote to break away from Europe and if this decision goes any way to halt the stream of immigrants and those without proper authorization to enter the country then it won't have been a wasted endeavor. I think the idea that once being proud to be British has been considerably eroded in recent years and hopefully, with the events of the past days, you can claim back some of your identity and take honor once again in what you believe and what Great Britain should represent.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:53 am

I am staggered that the scottish minister appears to want to be dictated to by Brussels rather than London!!! Will the scots go for that?? Scottish euros...Border controls. and their must be border control as the euro free movement will mean that they head for scotland and attempt to cross into England.....Not a pretty sight is it..

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:38 am

Why are you staggered at our first minister? She wanted independence from the UK but to REMAIN in the EU a year and a half ago, pre-election. Then the EU referendum was promised, all of Scotland voted to REMAIN, and yet the UK severs ties? The entire thing is a complete f**king joke. Scotland has never wanted out of the EU, except for a few complete dunderheids who think like Nazis. I'm personally delighted she's going to Brussels with the figures of the Scottish vote and she has my full backing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:36 pm

marko69 wrote:Why are you staggered at our first minister? She wanted independence from the UK but to REMAIN in the EU a year and a half ago, pre-election. Then the EU referendum was promised, all of Scotland voted to REMAIN, and yet the UK severs ties? The entire thing is a complete f**king joke. Scotland has never wanted out of the EU, except for a few complete dunderheids who think like Nazis. I'm personally delighted she's going to Brussels with the figures of the Scottish vote and she has my full backing.
Good luck to Scotland I say, they have certainly got their thinking right on this one while we do nothing but f*ck it all up.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:06 pm

So how are things looking in the UK post-Brexit? Any significant change, yet?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:17 am

number 9 wrote:So how are things looking in the UK post-Brexit? Any significant change, yet?

Yea, the pound is weak as p*ss and still falling and the euro is getting stronger.

Bad news for anyone travelling overseas on holiday this summer.