Six Years Dry

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

Re: Six Years Dry

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:05 pm

If the club name fell into League Two or even non-league if it were possible, still would not reach for anything containing alcohol. That's how stringent the laws apply.

Would take a mammoth event to sip again anything such, the realms of which somehow don't quite bear thinking about. Any fool suggesting elephants at a circus can get short-shrift.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:41 pm

Eight years now. No goddamn song and dance just the simple truth in that haven't touched or sampled any alcohol of any description since 9/7/15. Not always easy 24 hours a day 365 days a year, Birthdays, New Year, Christmas and Anniversaries etc throughout a calendar but that's the truth of it.

If you can get past the first year, 18 months etc it's pretty much plain sailing. Guess depends on any one individuals will to succeed but any or all abstinence from before remains.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:45 pm

Very well done Saint, it takes good resolve to stop just like that. 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:49 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:41 pm
Eight years now. No goddamn song and dance just the simple truth in that haven't touched or sampled any alcohol of any description since 9/7/15. Not always easy 24 hours a day 365 days a year, Birthdays, New Year, Christmas and Anniversaries etc throughout a calendar but that's the truth of it.

If you can get past the first year, 18 months etc it's pretty much plain sailing. Guess depends on any one individuals will to succeed but any or all abstinence from before remains.
Nice one Saint,.........., but that's the 9th of July buddy ok. Get that nonsense sorted out!!

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:57 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:41 pm

Well done you!

Used to do a month off the p*ss every year until one year I decided to keep on the wagon for six months. Longest I ever did, so eight years definitely is something to celebrate. Mind you when I started again I only drink on weekends (or holidays). OK I drink far too much on weekends but I guess that's better than too much every day innit?

Only 730 days till your first decade!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:45 am

Why do we have to give up the things we enjoy in order to achieve some sort of survivor status? I’m gonna drink until the doctor says don’t drink anymore. I mean, life is pretty fuckin boring without a drink. Sorry that’s how I feel about it, no disrespect to Saint.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:49 am

number 9 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:45 am
Why do we have to give up the things we enjoy in order to achieve some sort of survivor status? I’m gonna drink until the doctor says don’t drink anymore. I mean, life is pretty fuckin boring without a drink. Sorry that’s how I feel about it, no disrespect to Saint.
Agree 100% .

I suppose this thread seems to be more about addiction though. Thinking Saint was an alcoholic and decided to sort that out in 2015. Great stuff.

But as said, I agree with you completely. If you can control the intake then why not. Waaaaaay too much crap going on in this world; stopping a bevvy would not be productive (imo)

And on here so late as ive just watched the Detroit Lions win @ KC Chiefs in the season opener…… massive win over Mahomes & Co.

And i’m having a drink to them. Cheers 🍻

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:26 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:49 am
number 9 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:45 am
Agree 100% .

I suppose this thread seems to be more about addiction though. Thinking Saint was an alcoholic and decided to sort that out in 2015. Great stuff.

But as said, I agree with you completely. If you can control the intake then why not. Waaaaaay too much crap going on in this world; stopping a bevvy would not be productive (imo)

And on here so late as ive just watched the Detroit Lions win @ KC Chiefs in the season opener…… massive win over Mahomes & Co.

And i’m having a drink to them. Cheers 🍻
I was about to congratulate you and the Lions on the NFL thread! The Lions looked very good last night!

And yes, it is a great achievement to overcome addiction! Well done, Saint!