Who played here./ Name this Town Player ?

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Saltergate, Chesterfield
No to Chesterfield.Saltergate.
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:24 pm
Holy sh*te!!! How did you Know that was Reading, Charnwood? That’s some serious sleuthing powers...... Wolfie is correct, ——-> “Sherlock”!
bet Sherlock cant name this reading FC line up from the 70s when they last one a cup or two :lol: :lol:

Image

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Ok, whats the joke there ^^^^^^ ? Is it TV related coz I lived in Oz a large part of the 70s. Thats my excuse for being thick!

Priestfield?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:59 pm
Ok, whats the joke there ^^^^^^ ? Is it TV related coz I lived in Oz a large part of the 70s. Thats my excuse for being thick!

Priestfield?

was just testing Charnwood on his biscuits and reading fc knowledge :lol:

and yes it is Priestfield? Well done mate,

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:09 pm

I'll guess at Maryland choc chip cookies and Tetley?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:11 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:09 pm
I'll guess at Maryland choc chip cookies and Tetley?
thats close enough lol

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:28 pm

,,
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I think I know this one, because I've been there......., but I do not think anyone will get that one. Nice one, Wolfie

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:33 pm
I think I know this one, because I've been there......., but I do not think anyone will get that one. Nice one, Wolfie
actually I should imagine you have, was a very small ground compared to the massive stadium these days aye, cant see anyone getting it tho.wheres doctor Watson when weneed him. :wink:

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 am

Tannadice.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am

LMAO!!! :lol: ....., Jaysus H, I know the clubs are considered “wee” up here, but they’re bigger than that picture, Tang! Tannadice! :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21632
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Who played here.

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:44 am

Muirton park, St. Johnstone

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am
LMAO!!! :lol: ....., Jaysus H, I know the clubs are considered “wee” up here, but they’re bigger than that picture, Tang! Tannadice! :lol:
:D it’s the only ground in Scotland I know on the coast, apart from Pitodrie.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12668
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Who played here.

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:47 am

Dundee FC or Gayfield Park, Arbroath

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am
LMAO!!! :lol: ....., Jaysus H, I know the clubs are considered “wee” up here, but they’re bigger than that picture, Tang! Tannadice! :lol:
:D it’s the only ground in Scotland I know on the coast, apart from Pitodrie.
Have they moved Tannadice to the coast?!! 😂😂😂 LMAO, stop it, you’re killing me here!

I’ll add a clue for Wolfie. It’s not in Scotland.

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:33 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am
LMAO!!! :lol: ....., Jaysus H, I know the clubs are considered “wee” up here, but they’re bigger than that picture, Tang! Tannadice! :lol:
:D it’s the only ground in Scotland I know on the coast, apart from Pitodrie.
Have they moved Tannadice to the coast?!! 😂😂😂 LMAO, stop it, you’re killing me here!

I’ll add a clue for Wolfie. It’s not in Scotland.
Marko - Dundee’s on the coast. You should know your geography.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:38 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 am
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:42 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am
LMAO!!! :lol: ....., Jaysus H, I know the clubs are considered “wee” up here, but they’re bigger than that picture, Tang! Tannadice! :lol:
:D it’s the only ground in Scotland I know on the coast, apart from Pitodrie.
Have they moved Tannadice to the coast?!! 😂😂😂 LMAO, stop it, you’re killing me here!

I’ll add a clue for Wolfie. It’s not in Scotland.
:lol: :lol:
As Marko says its not really in Scotland,
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Tang, Edinburgh is also on the coast, but Easter Road isn’t. Both Dundee grounds aren’t either. But you’re correct, Pittodrie is on the beach!

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Berwick Rangers

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:48 pm

try this one
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 pm
Berwick Rangers
that is really close Tang, :wink: but wrong

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Whitby FC. Definately by the coast.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:44 pm
Tang, Edinburgh is also on the coast, but Easter Road isn’t. Both Dundee grounds aren’t either. But you’re correct, Pittodrie is on the beach!
have you been there Marco..,?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:53 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Whitby FC. Definately by the coast.
brilliant Tang. you not only win a goldfish you get a coconut as well. :D

Image

tangfastic
Posts: 2617
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Who played here.

Post by tangfastic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:53 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Whitby FC. Definately by the coast.
brilliant Tang. you not only win a goldfish you get a coconut as well. :D

Image
Hardly brilliant.... there’s a Whitby Co-Op advertising hoarding :)

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm

try this one
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:00 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:53 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Whitby FC. Definately by the coast.
brilliant Tang. you not only win a goldfish you get a coconut as well. :D

Image
Hardly brilliant.... there’s a Whitby Co-Op advertising hoarding :)
oops. I didn't see that. cancel the coconut :?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:21 pm

try this one
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 17822
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Who played here.

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:27 pm

I think thats a derby match; Hungerford Town v Basingstoke?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3493
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Who played here.

Post by goldandblack » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:27 pm
I think thats a derby match; Hungerford Town v Basingstoke?
nope to Hungerford Town or Basingstoke.
there's a famous ex Hibs player in that pic.

Post Reply