Black Lives Matter...

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21991
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 pm

No he isn't a role model by any means, its merely my dislike for AJ, spouting out that sh*t while we are having this BLM stuff rammed down our throats morning, noon and night.

User avatar
nicscreamer
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:53 pm
Location: In front of my computer
Contact:

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 am

Andym wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 pm
nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:41 am
As a mid conversation reference point, I would like to summarise where we are so far, as I am finding this thread brilliant! I am not trying to be controversial here, just trying to highlight some of the points in one handy list.

If I have misinterpreted anyones points let me know, but I think we are saying this wide range of views...

1. Some people believe that racism is experienced by both White and BAME groups - its works both ways?
Possibly but it's mostly one way traffic.
2. Some people believe that there is no racism in the selection of football club managers? They all get the same chance? No, racism is pretty well everywhere.
3. Some people believe that there should not be "positive" discrimination in the selection criteria for roles in work life (incl. football I assume)? The argument being that the "best" candidate will always get the job anyway?
No. There should be no need but as long as discrimination exists it's not a bad thing. But not as good as no discrimination.
4. Some people believe that they need to look at themselves more because they need to analyse their own beliefs as they may be racist without that being the intention. Definitely. And that comes from our own upbringing and the influence of the media, films etc. The moment someone says "I'm not a racist, but...." I start to worry. If we can accept that however hard we try we have prejudices, then we become better people.
5. That all cultures need to be understood and respected , including Caucasian (could someone explain to me what Caucasian culture is please)? Definitely.
6. Anthony Joshua telling Black people to use Black owned shops is racist? I'm.not convinced. I tell people not to shop at Amazon because the owner is a billionaire who treats his workers like sh*t, won't allow thrm to join a union or even stop for a p*ss, and deprives our schools, NHS etc of much needed funds by avoiding paying tax. Not sure what that makes me but speaking up against injustice isn't necessarily a sign of racism or discrimination.
7. Some people believe England (I assume UK covers this too) history is dominated by oppression. Of course All major wealth is built on depriving others of their true worth.
8. Splits in society are caused by money more than colour? That's hard to say as the vast majority of the world's wealth is owned by white men. The desire for money has led to the oppression of black people
9. Demonstrators , particularly in London appear to be nothing more than trouble makers? I think we need yo he careful here. BLM was started for good reason and is supported by people on all sides of the political spectrum and all colours. Unfortunately any demo can attract the trouble makers. However the white supremacists are all one colour, all extreme right and I believe mostly the thugs that used to cause trouble on the terraces.

Have I missed anything?

Maybe if anyone wants to pick up on any of these points we can get into more detail on each one??
A final comment. I support BLM because I believe it's important to create equality. I don't think it will ever happen but we shouldn't stop trying. BUT I don't like to see the footballers return with BLM on their shirts in the same way I don't like to see poppies on all their shirts. These should he a matter of personal choice, not a corporate decision.

Apologies for repeating much if what I've said earlier. I acknowledge that my beliefs aren't the same as everyone else's. I guess I don't see myself as British. I'm just a member of the world. We are all.here together.
I think we are very much on the same page Andy, but I understand this is a very emotive issue and there are many many different views on all the aspects. I find it fascinating and wouldn't condone anyone of the views expressed even if I don't agree 100% with them.

Peace out everyone

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21991
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:04 pm

REVEALED: England rugby fans could be BANNED from singing the iconic 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' song because it originated among slaves in America 150 years ago

This is getting f**king stupid now......

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Nah! Rugby’s always been stupid.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:28 am

Yeah, too soon.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12796
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 am

I think the “Black Lives Matter” campaign is in danger of backfiring in the UK where large groups in the community are getting fed up with it. We don’t have the same widespread disrespect for black people in the UK like exists in some parts of the USA and most of our citizens live, learn, and work harmoniously together regardless of colour.

Black Lives are no more important than White Lives which are no more important than Black Lives. All Lives Matter and we should stop focusing more on one colour over another, this in itself is a form of racism. I think we’re lucky there are no fans in the stadiums whilst our football players are instructed to to show their solidarity by going down on one knee, in my opinion this is nothing more than theatrical bollocks which does nothing more than highlight there’s a difference between white and black people.

If we’re not careful there could be more racism after this campaign than there was before it kicked off, it looks to me like we’re all being Americanised in which case our racial harmony can only get worse not better.

I accept the Windrush people were treated really badly, and I find it embarrassing that our Conservative Government still haven’t got to grips with it, I think if they, had some of this current unrest would have been avoided. Unfortunately Government apathy has only served to highlight past wrongdoings and justify black groups current actions.

Whilst this post has been sitting in my draft box deliberating whether or not to post, we’ve had two nights of civil unrest in Brixton on Wednesday, and Notting Hill last night, surprise, surprise, it predominately involved blacks who today will kick off when more blacks than whites are stop and searched in the surrounding areas.

It strikes me that the blacks involved in all the trouble in London have no respect whatsoever for the Black Lives Matter campaign, which in my opinion has been damaged beyond repair. When blacks choose to behave this way and injure so many of our police simply trying to uphold law and order, how can they expect other races to support their cause.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 am
I think the “Black Lives Matter” campaign is in danger of backfiring in the UK where large groups in the community are getting fed up with it. We don’t have the same widespread disrespect for black people in the UK like exists in some parts of the USA and most of our citizens live, learn, and work harmoniously together regardless of colour.

Black Lives are no more important than White Lives which are no more important than Black Lives. All Lives Matter and we should stop focusing more on one colour over another, this in itself is a form of racism. I think we’re lucky there are no fans in the stadiums whilst our football players are instructed to to show their solidarity by going down on one knee, in my opinion this is nothing more than theatrical bollocks which does nothing more than highlight there’s a difference between white and black people.

If we’re not careful there could be more racism after this campaign than there was before it kicked off, it looks to me like we’re all being Americanised in which case our racial harmony can only get worse not better.

I accept the Windrush people were treated really badly, and I find it embarrassing that our Conservative Government still haven’t got to grips with it, I think if they, had some of this current unrest would have been avoided. Unfortunately Government apathy has only served to highlight past wrongdoings and justify black groups current actions.

Whilst this post has been sitting in my draft box deliberating whether or not to post, we’ve had two nights of civil unrest in Brixton on Wednesday, and Notting Hill last night, surprise, surprise, it predominately involved blacks who today will kick off when more blacks than whites are stop and searched in the surrounding areas.

It strikes me that the blacks involved in all the trouble in London have no respect whatsoever for the Black Lives Matter campaign, which in my opinion has been damaged beyond repair. When blacks choose to behave this way and injure so many of our police simply trying to uphold law and order, how can they expect other races to support their cause.
I agree with some of what you say, but...
1. We may not have the same widespread disrespect for black people as you say, but then why are more black people stopped and searched? Race is a big issue for most of us due to unjust prejudices which have been drip-fed over the years, we just don't face up to it.
2. All Lives Matter is insulting to BLM because it ignores the reason for BLM - that black lives are deemed less worthy than white lives.
3. I agree we are in danger of being Americanised, the similarities between the 2 countries appals me.
4. I confess I haven't seen what sparked the unrest in Brixton. I missed it on the BBC news and wouldn't trust any newspaper to give a fair unbiased account of anything. It will inevitably centre around black people because that is the nature of Brixton. If we looked at the reasons WHY there are black areas in any big town we would almost certainly find that they are deprived areas. Then ask yourself why. That will explain why BLM is important; it's about quality of life and they way they are treated which has an impact on life expectancy.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21991
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

We all have differing opinions but I have to say Charny, I applaud you.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:40 pm
I agree with some of what you say, but...
1. We may not have the same widespread disrespect for black people as you say, but then why are more black people stopped and searched? Race is a big issue for most of us due to unjust prejudices which have been drip-fed over the years, we just don't face up to it.
2. All Lives Matter is insulting to BLM because it ignores the reason for BLM - that black lives are deemed less worthy than white lives.
3. I agree we are in danger of being Americanised, the similarities between the 2 countries appals me.
4. I confess I haven't seen what sparked the unrest in Brixton. I missed it on the BBC news and wouldn't trust any newspaper to give a fair unbiased account of anything. It will inevitably centre around black people because that is the nature of Brixton. If we looked at the reasons WHY there are black areas in any big town we would almost certainly find that they are deprived areas. Then ask yourself why. That will explain why BLM is important; it's about quality of life and they way they are treated which has an impact on life expectancy.
Isn't this a racist comment? :lol:

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Yes. 😂😂😂

But it frustrates me that we import all the worst aspects of American life. Two obese nations, too rich to look after our own health.
I have no national pride whatsoever. I find being British an embarrassment. Just marginally better than being American.
That should wind a few people up....

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm completely Americanised now after living here for almost 40 years. It did annoy me over the years to see the influence of the American way of life on my beloved England. I'd come home to visit and say lets get fish and chips...and someone would say nah McDonalds will do for me. So many things have changed now; it really is a shame.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 pm

It’s a generational thing though. The Americans are just British aren’t they? Historically.

Are there any obese Native Americans? What’s left of them. The “British” landed a few hundred years ago and f*cked up that continent as well. So I’ve no idea at all why you feel marginally better being British.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 pm
It’s a generational thing though. The Americans are just British aren’t they? Historically.

Are there any obese Native Americans? What’s left of them. The “British” landed a few hundred years ago and f*cked up that continent as well. So I’ve no idea at all why you feel marginally better being British.
Very true. We are responsible for marginalizing the native Americans.

I just feel we have imported the worst aspects of American culture and the USA is even worse with the distribution of wealth and looking after the poor than we are.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Statistically completely not true. Social inequality in Britain (in my opinion) is on a par with America. They are vastly more populated.
The one and only thing Americans are on a different planet for is gun use. All other aspects (including black people welfare) is just like Britain.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 pm

By the way...... historically, the same thing happened to Australia. The British landed and f*cked up the entire environment and essentially killed off the aboriginal race.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 pm
By the way...... historically, the same thing happened to Australia. The British landed and f*cked up the entire environment and essentially killed off the aboriginal race.
Yes. agreed

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:32 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:04 pm
Statistically completely not true. Social inequality in Britain (in my opinion) is on a par with America. They are vastly more populated.
The one and only thing Americans are on a different planet for is gun use. All other aspects (including black people welfare) is just like Britain.
11.1% of UK living below the poverty line.
Did the USA it's 17.8%. Both figures are appalling.
Returning to the main thread, I'd like to know what proportion of those are non-white.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Those figures are close and virtually on a par per head of population.
I’d say 60/40 non white amongst those percentages. Black lives do definitely matter but white poverty does definitely exist.

Sorry for veering slightly off topic further up the thread there, Andy, but the America v Britain thing really gets me irate. If anything at all
In the world is fkd up, you can almost guarantee it’s “Great” Britain’s fault. That’s a historical fact. Future posters on this thread don’t get pi$$ed off with me ——-> I wasn’t born when “we” were stealing the world.

BUT ANYWAY ....... BLM.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

I agree. Our past is far from glorious. As a final comment before I get banned for being political, it's a return to the somewhat inglorious days of the empire that encouraged many elderly people to vote for Brexit.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Well, without getting overly political or “Brexity”...... Scotland can take some blame. Even though we, on the whole, voted remain, we did lower the voting age to 16. Those leaver votes were in that genre and added to the UK’s vote. f**king idiots. The hoodie generation were voting for our futures.
Got a feeling politically we’re on the same page, Andy. We’ll need to work on the football aspect of things! :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 21991
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 am

Looking at the sh*te going on on our beaches, parties in London, celebrations in Liverpool etc etc etc I would say the cnuts that we call "British " citizens are capable of f**king up anything and everything across the globe, as a nation we are foul and vile, have been for years. Personally those bastards that congregated down on the beaches of Dorset etc all deserve to f**king die of the virus.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12796
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:13 am

We’ve got problems already here in Spain just 7 days after easing lockdown. Yesterday alone 89 new Covid cases in Malaga and more in Granada, both tourist places. No cases in the previous week. At this rate Spain will go in lockdown again, already happened in one Province!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Again...... not veering off topic because the thread is very important...... but on that Spain issue, Charnwood, —-> the people here all tripping over themselves to try and get flights to start holidaying again makes my blood boil.

And in full agreement with you, Mike..... but not necessarily wishing death on anyone :lol:
But last Wednesday , the Meadows area in Edinburgh was mobbed and then completely trashed, followed by big fights nearer dusk. Couldn’t get my head around the insanity..... and we haven’t relaxed restrictions as much as England. Shows you the level of intelligence the governments are having to deal with.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Andym » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:54 pm

I agree. I know I blame them for everything but...just look at the tabloid headlines. Every day the Daily Excess is telling people it's so great they can go on holiday abroad. Makes a change ftom their usual obsession with Princess Di i guess. They celebrate every easing of lockdown with headlines implying we are free to do what we like. So the mindless do as they are told as always. Vote Brexit. Vote Tory. Go to the beach...or Spain.... twats.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 12796
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:36 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Again...... not veering off topic because the thread is very important...... but on that Spain issue, Charnwood, —-> the people here all tripping over themselves to try and get flights to start holidaying again makes my blood boil.

And in full agreement with you, Mike..... but not necessarily wishing death on anyone :lol:
But last Wednesday , the Meadows area in Edinburgh was mobbed and then completely trashed, followed by big fights nearer dusk. Couldn’t get my head around the insanity..... and we haven’t relaxed restrictions as much as England. Shows you the level of intelligence the governments are having to deal with.

I know we’re off topic but I guess that’s the way forums work Marko. Like you I can’t believe anyone rushing to take flights and can only assume they’re too thick to know any better.
Our village here in Spain is already packed with seasonal visitors, and although to be fair the majority appear to be arriving by road some are definitely coming in on flights and go straight out to bars and restaurants within hours of arriving.
Surprise, surprise we had 73 new Covid outbreaks across Spain last week and on Saturday the highest number of new Covid cases recorded any single day since May, and that was on a Saturday when we know all cases aren’t counted. f*ck knows what the numbers will be kind next week.
I know Spain badly needs tourism income but this is madness for both residents and tourists and even for those who arrive Covid free have every chance of taking it home and sharing it about.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Black Lives Matter...

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:36 am
marko69 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Again...... not veering off topic because the thread is very important...... but on that Spain issue, Charnwood, —-> the people here all tripping over themselves to try and get flights to start holidaying again makes my blood boil.

And in full agreement with you, Mike..... but not necessarily wishing death on anyone :lol:
But last Wednesday , the Meadows area in Edinburgh was mobbed and then completely trashed, followed by big fights nearer dusk. Couldn’t get my head around the insanity..... and we haven’t relaxed restrictions as much as England. Shows you the level of intelligence the governments are having to deal with.

I know we’re off topic but I guess that’s the way forums work Marko. Like you I can’t believe anyone rushing to take flights and can only assume they’re too thick to know any better.
Our village here in Spain is already packed with seasonal visitors, and although to be fair the majority appear to be arriving by road some are definitely coming in on flights and go straight out to bars and restaurants within hours of arriving.
Surprise, surprise we had 73 new Covid outbreaks across Spain last week and on Saturday the highest number of new Covid cases recorded any single day since May, and that was on a Saturday when we know all cases aren’t counted. f*ck knows what the numbers will be kind next week.
I know Spain badly needs tourism income but this is madness for both residents and tourists and even for those who arrive Covid free have every chance of taking it home and sharing it about.
Absolutely spot on

Post Reply