2021 Racing Competition. IDEA's.

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

2021 Racing Competition. IDEA's.

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:22 pm

This competition ends next Saturday so for next seasons competition.

Next years Horse racing competition

Starting with.;- The 2000 Guineas Stakes, April / May 2021
And the 1000 Guineas Stakes,
Ending at the end of July 2021 with the .King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes

Including all the classic flat races and group 1 races on a Saturday including
The Epson Oaks
The Epson Derby
The St Ledger Stakes

This competition was a bit of a rushed affair and hopefully gets back to normal next year,
If folk can suggest new Ideas / rules to improve the competition it would be handy,(not too complicated)

Only rule should be its run on a Saturday with one exception I think we should include the 1000 Guineas Stakes run on the Sunday of the weekend with the 2000 Guineas Stakes,(to kick the comp off)
With folks impute this could be a great competition.

Suggested rules. Please add your ideas and changes to the rules.
1. The top race meeting of the day. (Saturdays)
2. Each player can only bet a fixed amount each week (Amended Rule)
3. The actual profit on each race counts in the total not the stake,
4. Each Win gets the stake and winnings back.?
5. All Bets has to be made in the listed race?
6. Along with 1 x WIN Bet, 1 x Each Way Bet, perhaps adding a 1 x WIN DOUBLE this year ?
7. All each way bets paid at 5th of the odds?
8. Each week a maximum of 2/3 bets allowed.?
9. The Winner will be the person with the most PROFIT..

Anyways thanks for joining in this years competition and catch up next April.
By then Let’s hope the Town are celebrating promotion, Stay Safe all.

Regards Gold and Black, your friendly Wolf, 8)

…………………………………………………………….
2020 Champions

1st Kerry Blue 1,582.50.
2nd Tangfastic….503.00.
3rd Marko………….221.12.

…………………………………………………………...
Last edited by goldandblack on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kerry Blue

Re: 2021 Racing Competition. IDEA's.

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:07 pm

My view is that it would give everyone a better chance if we could only place the same stake each week that would find the best tipster, I only won because I could put what amount I wanted after winning £100 on the first bet when someone who lost in the first race could only put £10 on.
Also today I could have waited until Tang had his bet then do the same horses and he wouldn't be able to beat me, IMO Tang was the best tipster he found more winners than me but I put the correct amount on to win the most money so just lucky.

Hope this makes sense I'm in next year all being well but I wouldn't make it to complicated as not everyone understands betting I think more will take part if it's simple.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:07 pm
My view is that it would give everyone a better chance if we could only place the same stake each week that would find the best tipster, I only won because I could put what amount I wanted after winning £100 on the first bet when someone who lost in the first race could only put £10 on.
Also today I could have waited until Tang had his bet then do the same horses and he wouldn't be able to beat me, IMO Tang was the best tipster he found more winners than me but I put the correct amount on to win the most money so just lucky.

Hope this makes sense I'm in next year all being well but I wouldn't make it to complicated as not everyone understands betting I think more will take part if it's simple.
Thanks Kerry.
1,Yes I agree with both suggestion's " if we could only place the same stake each week" it would be a more open all through competition, think we will go for that one.

also your right with " I wouldn't make it to complicated as not everyone understands betting I think more will take part if it's simple." this one we will see what the others think, but as you say some don't have the time or knowledge so best to make it easy and just a bit of fun/ perhaps adding just a choice of doing a DOUBLE BET

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:29 pm

List of entries for the 2021 Competition.
Adios and see you all hopefully next year, :wink: Stay Safe