FRIDAYS BET, Cheltenham

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Re: FRIDAYS BET, Cheltenham

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Don't Forgetthe
2021 Flat Season Competition
Competition Starts, with Saturday and Sunday, then every Saturday with the group 1 race of the day.
2000 Guineas Newmarket…Saturday 1st May 2021
1000 Guineas Newmarket…Sunday 2nd May 2021

Competition Ends,
Glorious Goodwood………. Saturday 31st July 2021

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 pm

Many thanks Wolfie very enjoyable, looking forward to the next one and Town will be in the playoffs by then 👍 :lol: , so what's the story you being a Wolves supporter and being on here ? Pity your not doing as well this season I do like your manager and what a man giving £250 000 to charity.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 pm
Many thanks Wolfie very enjoyable, looking forward to the next one and Town will be in the playoffs by then 👍 :lol: , so what's the story you being a Wolves supporter and being on here ? Pity your not doing as well this season I do like your manager and what a man giving £250 000 to charity.
Long story but my dad and all his family came from Suffolk and supported the Town, So its in the blood somewhere, 8)

This is a mad season and should never have started, we have had some major injuries and a very small squad,
Nuno has everyone's backing which makes a change aye,

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 am

Yes, thanks very much for organising this GnB (even if I did woefully)!

Was a good week of interesting racing for me, really enjoyed it, a few interesting results (Minella Indo), some amazing horses (Shiskin), exciting emerging talents (Appreciate It), one or two old favourites finally getting their time in the sun (Vintage Clouds) and some regrettable missed bets (Tiger Roll, didn't think it possible to reverse such form while getting older, underestimate that horse at your peril!!).

Good stuff

Still wasn't the same without the crowds, so can't wait to go back next year. Last year brought in the start of the pandemic, hopefully next year will celebrate the end.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Ricco wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:44 am
Yes, thanks very much for organising this GnB (even if I did woefully)!

Was a good week of interesting racing for me, really enjoyed it, a few interesting results (Minella Indo), some amazing horses (Shiskin), exciting emerging talents (Appreciate It), one or two old favourites finally getting their time in the sun (Vintage Clouds) and some regrettable missed bets (Tiger Roll, didn't think it possible to reverse such form while getting older, underestimate that horse at your peril!!).

Good stuff

Still wasn't the same without the crowds, so can't wait to go back next year. Last year brought in the start of the pandemic, hopefully next year will celebrate the end.
yes agree, always a great week with the best horses and jockeys all trying. probably the best jump meeting in racing, another was the old Mackeson Gold Cup that used to be held there in November time, more room to move about as well.

I think the format/rules worked well and everyone still had a chance to win in the last race, perhaps the Grand National might be worth doing for us losers to redeem ourselves :wink: