The Alternative Football Club Thread

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: The Alternative Football Club Thread

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 pm

I have no idea how we are bottom either tbh, we look a good side at our level. Yes Clyde is massive

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:01 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:50 pm
I remember that. I don't remember the Lineker and Barca reference story but I do remember the game. And that really was a superb Dundee United team. Was actually gutted for them when they lost the UEFA Cup Final to Gothenburg in that year. (1987)

If it is on Beeb Scotland, I'll be tuning in. Cheers for the heads up.
They had a great squad in the 1980s, odd how it took until 1994 for them to accomplish a first Scottish Cup. r.e. 1987 they also got beat by St Mirren in the said Scots Cup Final, losing finalists in 1985 and 1988 (both times to Celtic) also just for good measure. Haven't looked this up, got no need to, just information stored over time and incidents you can remember.

Gothenburg would have been tough but not as tough as the Roma game in 1984 when they were screwed out of a place in the European Cup Final by a series of scandalous decisions and match rigging. That was as close they ever came to being Champions of Europe, they'll never get that near again. Too bad they were denied in the circumstances it were back then.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Melbourne Victory hammered 7-0 by Melbourne City, (what a loss in a big derby) and Victory manager, ex Hibs Grant Brebner sacked immediately at full time. Last I heard, he was doing ok, but I think it's rapidly been getting seriously worse for Grant.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:33 pm

The Scottish Cup is over for this season. Not so much being beaten but to lose to those bastards is something else. Won it enough times just recent and overall throughout competition history, the team were sh*t today and like here a mass clear-out is required for the summer.

First non trophy season at Celtic for over ten years, scenes like this don't happen all too often but admittedly we've had a crap year and pains to say it today's opposition have been value for the league win and victory today. Not going to dwell on it, just need to get back like before and regain stature you're used to.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:02 pm

Jay Emmanuel Thomas vs Hibs tonight. Just kicked off. Hopefully he doesn't continue his decent form.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Bit of cheatin' bstd is JET. That decision was a joke, but thankfully game over.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Funny stuff....... but the part about players being banned from International duty? Why?
What has the international scene got to do with any of it?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 am

This’ll put a different perspective on the pussies that play the “soccer”.

This, the Celtic v Rangers of the AFL, and they FECKIN HATE each other. Well worth the 6 minutes. The fighting is both hilarious and quite awesome. Toughest sport on the planet bar none.

https://afl.app.link/rOylm6XxGfb

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm
reminds me of the old annual friendly football match between the The Railway Inn, Sandwell, v The Trumpet in Bilston,
well it was meant to be annual but its takes around 5 yrs for things to settle before they play again lol
Haha, your home town have a fixture like this too? :lol: Up here there was The Gunner v The Doo'Cot......, police outnumbered players. Could get serious. Thankfully both pubs closed down now I think.

"Snakes on a Plane" ......, and now "Goats on a dam wall" ?

That's a dam wall for stopping water. Not a St Judy damn wall!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Unbelievable. Actually unbelievable. Best manager at the Mol for decades, ...... a big defeat and they want him out?

Unreal.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm

We will return :|

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 am

Truly unbelievable

Albion Rovers' David Cox says he has quit football after claiming he was verbally abused about his mental health struggles by an opposition player.

Cox, 32, left the stadium at half-time of his side's game with Stenhousemuir and said he was taunted about his previous attempts to take his own life.

Stenhousemuir have brought the matter to the attention of the Scottish FA and started their own investigation.

"The club is aware of a verbal altercation," the League 2 club said.

"We have spoken to the players involved, David Cox (Albion Rovers) who was on the bench, and Jonathan Tiffoney (Stenhousemuir) who was playing.

"Both players are making claims of serious and wholly inappropriate comments being made during the game that have implications for player wellbeing and mental health.

"Whilst we accept that things can get said during a game, we believe the allegations are sufficiently serious enough to merit a more detailed investigation."

Footballer on verge of quitting due to tauntsCox goaded by players & fans over mental healthBartley urges social media companies to act

Former Annan Athletic and Cowdenbeath striker Cox has gone public a number of times about his battle with depression and the abuse he has received within the game.

In a social media video, the part-time player said: "Second half just starting Albion Rovers-Stenhousemuir and I have left the stadium. I wasn't playing tonight, I was on the bench.

"One of the boys in the Stenny team, we were having a bit of to and fro and they had a go at my mental health. Told me I should have done it right the first time.

"Some folk might not think it's a big deal, but I'm fed up listening to it. I don't get paid enough for it.

"If they had put me on the park, I'd probably have broken the boy's legs deliberately. I tried to speak to the referees about it, but they didn't want to know because they didn't hear it.

"So I'm going to do something about it and for me it's leaving the game. I'm done with it. I either keep playing and I'm going to batter somebody on the park, which is not good and will result in me being the bad one."

Albion Rovers said the "unforgivable incident... must not be downplayed" and that the team would have agreed to walk off the pitch had they been aware of what had happened.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Utter disgrace. And I do not think he's making that up. I hope something is done with regards to the Stenhousemuir player.

I'd personally sine die the f*cker. :twisted:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:28 pm

This, extremely alternative...... it’s aussie rules....... but I’m sure you’ll all appreciate the passion! :lol: (only 28 seconds)

https://youtu.be/OZAHCtWxqbo

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 am

Come on Kelty Hearts, finish the job today......

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat May 22, 2021 9:55 am

goldandblack wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm
Nuno HAD a dream.

Wolves: Nuno Espirito Santo to leave after four years as manager. :( :?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57204075
He did very well there. I can’t help feel that four years now is a long time in football management. Maybe if he’d stayed longer it would turn sour. He set high expectations with 7th place in the PL and fans tend to expect the same or more. Is there a bit of concern amongst the Wolves fans about the future?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Its Heart of Midlothian FC Scottish Cup conquerers , Brora Rangers v the mighty Loons today in Brora itself. How is this going to pan out?

Bit trivia, ……., my wife’s best pal from Uni, (from Brora and 60 years old) …… her 80 year old husband owns the main bus company in that Highland region. They’re flippin loaded!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:29 pm

The super Loons succeeded where Hearts failed, a good win and on course to qualify for the knockout stages.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:12 pm

Dens tomorrow?

Hope the Loons get a wash after being in that God forsaken city.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 am

Just missed out on a place in the next round

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:12 am

Mickey Mouse cup anyway. Unless Hibs get to around the semi final point……. Then we take it VERY seriously. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:27 pm

Nice away win for the Wolvos tonight, Wolfie.

Man, what has happened to Nottingham Forest. Another late & great manager who'd be shocked if he was brought back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:46 am

Yes. The Cabbage sold Martin Boyle to some Arabic team recently. Watch them now lose humiliatingly on Tuesday night to the Jambo fkrs at Easter Road.
Shaun Maloney?? Dear oh dear.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:47 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:46 am
Yes. The Cabbage sold Martin Boyle to some Arabic team recently. Watch them now lose humiliatingly on Tuesday night to the Jambo fkrs at Easter Road.
Shaun Maloney?? Dear oh dear.

I dont get the Loaning one of our best players with no contract to them signing him, what a player to watch as well, gave the Mol a buzz.
its all about agents moving there stock around for their income,
Also football is all about the chosen view clubs, VAR is all about making sure the top 6 to stay in the top 6.

i preferred the Championship to the Premier.
Kind of agree with that, although the Wolves are holding up ok in that top tier. But for the Watfords & West Broms? I too would rather be in a league where a whole host of teams could win the league (without promotion). Probably why I lean more towards Celtic & the newly formed Sevco effin off.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:30 am

From Scottish non-league, Wolfie. They'll do a "Gretna" and storm up the leagues.

Shame about their name! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:36 pm

Yep, Whats happened to them? Free-fall like Sunderland.

Great win for the Loons yesterday v Kelty Jambos in top of the table clash. Think they weathered a storm if the report is accurate.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:46 am

I certainly wouldn’t ever want to see ITFC owned by Chinese investors.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:49 am

Talking of Ukraine is there any news when the World Cup Qualifier between Scotland v Ukraine will be played ? Very difficult for them but potentially a big uplift and couple of hours diversion for many of their desperate people.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:16 pm

I wonder what the West will do if China provides Putin with weapons and funding as requested. Will the West put sanctions on China and could that impact on Wolves and other Chinese owned football clubs ? 🇺🇦

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:53 pm

The Loons have secured their place in the play offs, let's not blow it !!!