Edinburgh Tattoo

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Edinburgh Tattoo

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Hey Marko, just wanted your thoughts on the Tattoo, have you ever been ? We've just booked a week in Scotland again in August which includes entry to the Tattoo, something I've always fancied giving a look. Staying at Loch Tummel hotel from Monday 16th August and going to Tattoo evening of Wednesday 18th.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Edinburgh Tattoo

Post by marko69 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Just noticed this......, never been to the tattoo, Mike but I know lots of people who have. It is apparently an excellent night out. Remember as a small child, my mother crying her eyes out when they'd play it on TV when we lived in Geelong, Oz. Her homesickness brought us all home again.

Fingers crossed the road out away from the Covid stays on course and all of these traditional events are back on. Hopefully you manage to get to a few Fringe shows as well. And never been to that particular Hotel but have been close-by to Loch Rannoch on several occasions. There is a campsite that my wife's college use for staff get-aways. Always a fun weekend giving it the "kum ba ya" round the camp fire while being annihilated by the midges! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:38 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Lol thanks for that Marko, I'm sure it will be a fab evening out, it is on with number restrictions so all good. I'm sure the Rannoch hotel is in a glorious setting as we travelled through Rannoch Moor last year and it was unbelievable.

Not sure about the Ghost tour guide lmao, she's a barrel load of laughs 🤣

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:15 am

Participated on a Ghost Hunt once. No lie, paid the money, took us to a spot where were told "stand here and you can feel a cold sensation / chill and some eerie winds". Problem was we were in Portsmouth harbor on a wet November night. Some things just stick in the memory.

Not been to Edinburgh not once. Just haven't had the inclination to be there although realize it's (likely) Scotland's oldest and most historic City.

Read a news item a week or two back they're planning to build the World's second tallest building there after the one in Abu Dubai. Over a thousand feet, higher than the Eiffel in Paris. Maybe just talk and furthermore why would they want one. Could see Stirling or St Andrews if it went ahead but guess is this idea won't even get off the ground. Shame really it could have been something.