What are you doing during the off season?

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

What are you doing during the off season?

Post by number 9 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:06 am

For me, pretty much the same. I haven’t done any gardening in a while, but I cook. I’m interested to know what you old bastards get up to during the hiatus.

AzzurroMark

Re: What are you doing during the off season?

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:06 am
For me, pretty much the same. I haven’t done any gardening in a while, but I cook. I’m interested to know what you old bastards get up to during the hiatus.
Firstly 9, thanks for the correct address by not missing out the "old" :wink: .

While i have got my holidays booked from work, i certainly have no intention of flying anywhere for the foreseeable. Have booked a couple of nights away in June in Shrewsbury area. Apart from that, i shall no doubt continue on our garden makeover. We are going for a tropical/exotic/jungle feel and it is mainly a case now of finishing that over the next month. Other than that, nothing special planned yet. Hopefully be on here discussing some great new signings :D .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 24, 2021 10:19 am

Apart from looking forward to plenty of Town transfer activity I will be having a new fence around the garden, a brand new patio area with some fancy furniture and fire pit table, BBQ etc, new bathroom being installed next week while we spend a few days down in Weymouth, then we plan to have a new kitchen installed but that could be just into new season.

My son and his wife are having a baby in June so I become a grand father for the first time and we have Two family weddings, one at end of July and one the beginning of August.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon May 24, 2021 11:10 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:19 am
Apart from looking forward to plenty of Town transfer activity I will be having a new fence around the garden, a brand new patio area with some fancy furniture and fire pit table, BBQ etc, new bathroom being installed next week while we spend a few days down in Weymouth, then we plan to have a new kitchen installed but that could be just into new season.

My son and his wife are having a baby in June so I become a grand father for the first time and we have Two family weddings, one at end of July and one the beginning of August.
All that AND a new season ticket? You won the lottery or something Mike 😜🤣🤣?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon May 24, 2021 11:56 am

Bluemike wrote:

Not a lot happening then Mike 🤣 I just hope that second wedding in August doesn't interfere with the football?.
I won't be doing much I would like to go back to Ireland to see friends but that won't be until later in the year with how things are, so I'll be watching Golf walking and eating out a lot so nothing new.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 24, 2021 12:08 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:10 am
Bluemike wrote:

No mate I haven't won the lottery unfortunately lol, I have some saving to do as got a week in Scotland booked for August, 5 days in Cornwall in September, then next year a week in Fuerteventura in March, 2 weeks in Sorrento in May and then a week in Croatia in September, I just figure life is for living, don't put off things because they may never happen, seize the day and live life, im in a really good place now and a wonderful fiancee that I want to do things with so hey ho.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 24, 2021 12:09 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:56 am
Bluemike wrote:

Not a lot happening then Mike 🤣 I just hope that second wedding in August doesn't interfere with the football?.
I won't be doing much I would like to go back to Ireland to see friends but that won't be until later in the year with how things are, so I'll be watching Golf walking and eating out a lot so nothing new.
The second wedding is on Friday 13th so it may well affect the Saturday lol, but the hangover may cloud that anyway!!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon May 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:08 pm
I just figure life is for living, don't put off things because they may never happen, seize the day and live life, im in a really good place now and a wonderful fiancee that I want to do things with so hey ho.
That is the best attitude to have Mike. Pleased you are in a good place with someone special in your life. Travel is one of the best things to do in my eyes. Since meeting my wife i have travelled to some wonderful destinations which before then i had never really considered.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon May 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

No mate I haven't won the lottery unfortunately lol, I have some saving to do as got a week in Scotland booked for August, 5 days in Cornwall in September, then next year a week in Fuerteventura in March, 2 weeks in Sorrento in May and then a week in Croatia in September, I just figure life is for living, don't put off things because they may never happen, seize the day and live life, im in a really good place now and a wonderful fiancee that I want to do things with so hey ho.
Bang on, Mike. Pleased to hear you're in such a good place.

Just need to sort out the football side of things.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:

Bang on, Mike. Pleased to hear you're in such a good place.

Just need to sort out the football side of things.
Cheers mate, appreciate that.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Yes indeed Mike, it sounds like you’ll have a full schedule! Croatia eh? I spent a couple days in Zagreb years ago. I hear Split and Dubrovnik are the vacation spots.

I’ll be a little busy myself. I’m moving to Alabama to live with my youngest daughter for a while. I’m not sure where I’ll end up, but I’ve always wanted to return to Savannah, Ga. Maybe one day. I will remain a Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fan because I like to torture myself.

All the best everyone! I’m sure the forum will pick up after we’ve signed a few players.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Just noticed this thread.

Wow, Mike?! :shock: That is a shedload of work being done. Hope that all gets carried out smoothly without any Dallas “Cowboys” in thd house! And great news on becoming a grandad. 👍

Close season for “saaaaawker” yes...... but my favourite sport of all time, AFL on until September. So, no sports down time for me. I’ll cast an eye on Scotland at the Euros but 🤔🤦‍♂️, not expecting much. If Hibs are anything to go by following the recent Scottish Cup Final, then to be honest, I’m really not interested. Feel very distant from the soccer at the moment. Switched the cup final off after Martin Boyle dived in the box and was booked. Cheating little b*stard and had enough of it.

So......... AFL........ big dudes punching the sh*t out of each other and shaking it off....... that’s the stuff for me. GO the TIGES!! 👍

Have a great off season...... and 9, you go work on your Alabama accent. Don’t take up banjo playing though!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Yes indeed Mike, it sounds like you’ll have a full schedule! Croatia eh? I spent a couple days in Zagreb years ago. I hear Split and Dubrovnik are the vacation spots.

I’ll be a little busy myself. I’m moving to Alabama to live with my youngest daughter for a while. I’m not sure where I’ll end up, but I’ve always wanted to return to Savannah, Ga. Maybe one day. I will remain a Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers fan because I like to torture myself.

All the best everyone! I’m sure the forum will pick up after we’ve signed a few players.
Yep its Dubrovnik we are going to in Croatia, I've heard plenty of good things about the Old Town with loads of beautiful restaurants etc

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm
number 9 wrote:

Yep its Dubrovnik we are going to in Croatia, I've heard plenty of good things about the Old Town with loads of beautiful restaurants etc
I really wanted to take my R&R in Dubrovnik when I was in Bosnia. We ended up going to Germany because military flights to Dubrovnik were hard to come by. From pictures, it looks like a beautiful city steeped in history. I know you're engaged, but you'll have to have your blinders on...Croatian women are gorgeous! :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:50 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am
number 9 wrote:

While i have got my holidays booked from work, i certainly have no intention of flying anywhere for the foreseeable. Have booked a couple of nights away in June in Shrewsbury area. Apart from that, i shall no doubt continue on our garden makeover. We are going for a tropical/exotic/jungle feel and it is mainly a case now of finishing that over the next month. Other than that, nothing special planned yet. Hopefully be on here discussing some great new signings :D .
A tropical garden in Norfolk? Well I hope you have your heaters ready? :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 26, 2021 6:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:50 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am
number 9 wrote:

A tropical garden in Norfolk? Well I hope you have your heaters ready? :lol:
Lol, well tropical themed. There are lot of plants which have a tropical appearance which are hardy enough here........ I hope :lol:

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed May 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm
number 9 wrote:
Dubrovnik is gorgeous. We stayed north of the old town and found an avenue lined with reasonably priced restaurants near Lapad beach, including Cafe More where they do a fantastic BBC cocktail.
Cannot remember the name, but there is a lovely little cafe bar perched on rocks, reached by a small hole in the Old Town Wall and fantastic for seeing the sunset.
The island of Lokrum is great for getting photographs looking back at Old Dubrovnik as well a natural pool to swim in.
If going on any day excursions, Miljet, Korcula and even Montenegro are well worth a visit. Korcula is gorgeous but a bit of a drive though, but on the way back we stopped at Mali Ston renowned for their oysters.

One thing we noticed was how tall everybody seemed. I felt so short. :lol: