Sad day at the races.

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Sad day at the races.

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:15 pm

Two RaceTech cameramen seriously injured in Hamilton incident.

The incident occurred before racing when two camera crew members, Robbie Cotgrave and Kit Campbell, fell from a cherry picker basket and landed on the roof of a RaceTech truck. They were taken to hospital after receiving treatment from emergency services on site.
An investigation is under way after two members of the camera crew at Hamilton suffered injuries in a serious incident before racing on Tuesday,

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... our/498117

Thoughts and prayers are with both Robbie Cotgrave and Kit Campbell,

Kerry Blue

Re: Sad day at the races.

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Good news 👍

RaceTech tweeted: “We are pleased to report our two injured camera operators are receiving hospital treatment & early indications are that both are expected to make a full recovery. We will continue to update, thank you for all the good wishes.”

An investigation into the incident is under way.

goldandblack

Re: Sad day at the races.

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:36 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:25 pm
Good news 👍

RaceTech tweeted: “We are pleased to report our two injured camera operators are receiving hospital treatment & early indications are that both are expected to make a full recovery. We will continue to update, thank you for all the good wishes.”

An investigation into the incident is under way.
Yes that's great news aye, It didn't sound to good did it, I think landing on the vans roof probably cushioned the blow, It will be interesting to see what exactly happened,
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... ton/498272

changing the subject.
I changed this weeks race from the Eclipse to the The CORAL DISTAFF as there was only a maximum of 7 runners in the Eclipse. would have been good for me as it meant the odds was only 7/1 i got a winner LOL

Only 4 Runners now. (thursday)