Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings.

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings.

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:09 pm

You are one naughty Wolf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on......, spill the beans......, it was YOU standing in the doorway? COME ON!! High 5 to you if it was! :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:09 pm
You are one naughty Wolf. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on......, spill the beans......, it was YOU standing in the doorway? COME ON!! High 5 to you if it was! :lol:
Close Sherlock, it was my bro with that full size cardboard cut out of Alf Garnets Wife.( he didnt tell us for ages tho) this thing came into many pranks until Jack the bus driver smashed it when we left it on his doorstep, knocked on the door and hid, couldn't understand as usually they just gulped then slammed the door lol.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 pm
Close Sherlock, it was my bro with that full size cardboard cut out of Alf Garnets Wife.( he didnt tell us for ages tho) this thing came into many pranks until Jack the bus driver smashed it when we left it on his doorstep, knocked on the door and hid, couldn't understand as usually they just gulped then slammed the door lol.

Jack the bus driver??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw man. There are going to be some characters in this thread.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 pm
goldandblack wrote:

talking about characters,
:D Do you remember your mate Khantsee Gitthefknlightson who set up the floodlights for our golf match, NOW he was a real character was that Gitthefknlightson

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:10 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm
marko69 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:

:D Do you remember your mate Khantsee Gitthefknlightson who set up the floodlights for our golf match, NOW he was a real character was that Gitthefknlightson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yes......, Khantsee......, the chap with the Indian / Scandinavian parents.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:10 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm
marko69 wrote:

Ah yes......, Khantsee......, the chap with the Indian / Scandinavian parents.
yes that's him, didn't he run of with Spike,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:59 pm

I'm looking forward to Frost's epic story, before my serial continues and the really scary incident with Farmer Bob and the illegal Brazilian workers.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:21 pm

So as a kid I used to watch this TV show called Zzap. There was one Character on it who I was terrified of. So much so each Friday Night after watching it I would fall asleep scared. I would wake up convinced I could see this face on my Wall and in my Window.

My Mum banned me from watching it but to this day I still can't look at the Characters Face without feeling a bit scared :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:21 pm
So as a kid I used to watch this TV show called Zzap. There was one Character on it who I was terrified of. So much so each Friday Night after watching it I would fall asleep scared. I would wake up convinced I could see this face on my Wall and in my Window.

My Mum banned me from watching it but to this day I still can't look at the Characters Face without feeling a bit scared :lol:
yeah strange how things get yer Lucy, i always remember when i was about 10 i went in the kitchen to get some water, I heard this noise from the back yard, when i looked up there was this face looking at me thro the window, :shock: Dad said it was only Cyril the local tramp going thro the bins,
when they made that tv programme with Worzel Gummidge who looked just like him, every time i see that tv programme even now it gives me the shivers.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:17 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:21 pm

If it is tv/film characters the Childcatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang really scared me as a kid! :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm

Story Continued.

Had forgot all about the old barn incidents, then one day I went down to my lock up on this farm,

Round about midday we usually had Coffee with the Farmer , and a few of the other folk who had lock ups on this farm.
This day the farmer looked a bit strange, someone said to him “you alright ” he said well not really.

He went on to tell us how about 11pm he always walks round the farm checking on stuff, when he turned the corner to where my lock up was he see what he thought was a person dressed as a cavalier, he thought someone was messing about until he realised this thing had no legs, and all you could see was from his knees upwards,
He got home pretty quick and told his missus who said he imagined it,

Next morning he thought perhaps he must have imagined it,
Near the lock ups was two caravans with these Brazilians who worked on the farm, they approached Bob and said can he move their caravans as they had been seeing this Cavalier thing drifting about outside my lock up and their caravans, and described it just as the farmer had seen it,

Must admit the other guys including me used to leave before dark LOL.
I never did see anything strange myself so didn’t connect this to the old barn incident until recently

The rest of this part of the story was a very sad and a horrible time for the farmer and his family, and not really something to talk about on a forum,
and hopefully not connected in any way to these incidents ,

To be continued. and the series finale, and proof to me these things do actually exist,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:11 pm

The Finale to the story.

Moved away from the farm lock up to my own storage in this 40ft shipping container in the grounds of a Sports Association, which we ran the bars,
One night while serving un-explainable things started happening,

I kept seeing this shadow moving out the corner of my eye. I was at the till, the girl pouring a drink to my right put some ice in a drink, one lump of ice missed the glass and before it hit the ground it floated up and into the glass, the girl see it but didn’t believe it happened,

This same girl was taking the tray of glasses out of the glasswasher, when this piece of cardboard floated slowly down from nowhere and landed on the glasses, she said just before it happened she see this shadow beside her, She was ready to leg it home but I said it’s all a coincidence.

Then it happened, that proved something was actually there.
When we served shots of tequila etc., we always put a shot glass on top of the spirit bottle,
I had just poured some shots and turned to give them to the customer, and I heard this thud on the back door to the bar, the fella I was serving said “did you see that” I tuned and see this shot glass on the floor near the back door,
This fella and his wife said they saw this glass rise off the bottle float towards me then changed direction and hit the back door,

A few other things happened that night and other nights, until we supplied a bar at another venue,
A few things happened at that bar but the biggest concern was we could heard strange noises coming from the back of the van,
Anyway finished that job and next morning put all the stuff back in the lock up.

Got a phone call that afternoon from a club member who said he thought someone had been locked in the container as glasses were being chucked about in there,
I went up there and opened the door and there was glasses, boxes and things chucked everywhere, but the container was locked and nobody in was there,
This has happened many times since,

This is the bit that’s got me thinking, when I started telling this story I looked up on google
and searched for “Ghosts at these old barns” at the start of the story.

It said this .
“Up to five ghostly shapes are said to have been seen in the barns, including a Roman centurion with a head wound who appears in the fields next to the site. A Cavalier has been seen in the farmhouse and a man in a floppy hat on the stairs.”
Did this Cavalier ghost actually leave with us, :shock:
I honestly didn’t connect these weird happenings to the old barn incidents until now :shock: ,

was this the Cavalier sighting that was seen down the farm, :shock:

Even only last week i went to the lock up and things were on the floor which had been on shelves, i picked all this up and put back. as i turned to leave there was this crash and a box hat fell off a shelf and landed on the floor which was impossible,. i just locked up and left,

the tennis coach who's tennis courts are next to my lock up said he often hears noises coming from it,

Well this thing is better off in my lock up than in the Function hall bar, we have enough spirits in there thanks,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:21 pm

I wonder if this Cavalier was a total bellend when alive? Because he is trying his best to be one, dead!!

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm

I have three to tell, two of which happened while on duty, I will start with the shortest one first.

We received an alarm on a condominium one day. The drop was on the side (west) door. Jeff and I were dispatched and when we arrived, we found the door to be standing ajar by about five inches. It was a very windy day, so we figured the wind had blown it open, but we had to check it anyway.

I went to the door and sort of leaned around the outside wall. Jeff was right behind me. I started to lean into the condo, and what sounded like an old English lady said "ha-LO?" where the ha was lower and the pitch rose with the LO. Jeff said, "You better announce us," and I yelled "Police Department" twice. There was no answer, so I bladed around the wall to the left and Jeff entered and took two steps in to the right. At that point, I again heard, "ha-LO?" Jeff started yelling "Police Department!" but again there was no answer. We searched the entire condo, and did not find any living thing in there.

Afterwards, we both compared notes and found we both heard this lady in the exact same pitch at the exact same time. We did investigation and found the Mrs of the couple who owned the condo had passed 9 years prior, and the husband still lived there alone.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Ha LO, Ohio, long time no postie, postie! How are things with you & family, dude? All good I hope.

I promise, i am not ruining this thread, but as i have NEVER encountered anything at all in this area, I am out to give solutions.

Ok……., in your scenario……. The old guy is home, pink panther style Inspector Clueso suckers on his feet and on one hand and he’s stuck up high near the ceiling in the hallway……, he has a tape deck and playing a recording of his late Mrs……. “Ha LO!”

Feasible?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:44 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm
I have three to tell, two of which happened while on duty, I will start with the shortest one first.

We received an alarm on a condominium one day. The drop was on the side (west) door. Jeff and I were dispatched and when we arrived, we found the door to be standing ajar by about five inches. It was a very windy day, so we figured the wind had blown it open, but we had to check it anyway.

I went to the door and sort of leaned around the outside wall. Jeff was right behind me. I started to lean into the condo, and what sounded like an old English lady said "ha-LO?" where the ha was lower and the pitch rose with the LO. Jeff said, "You better announce us," and I yelled "Police Department" twice. There was no answer, so I bladed around the wall to the left and Jeff entered and took two steps in to the right. At that point, I again heard, "ha-LO?" Jeff started yelling "Police Department!" but again there was no answer. We searched the entire condo, and did not find any living thing in there.

Afterwards, we both compared notes and found we both heard this lady in the exact same pitch at the exact same time. We did investigation and found the Mrs of the couple who owned the condo had passed 9 years prior, and the husband still lived there alone.
Definitely a sight for sore eyes your posts Ohio, looking forward to the other two stories, that one would have been defiantly eerie.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:45 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:31 pm
Ha LO, Ohio, long time no postie, postie! How are things with you & family, dude? All good I hope.

I promise, i am not ruining this thread, but as i have NEVER encountered anything at all in this area, I am out to give solutions.

Ok……., in your scenario……. The old guy is home, pink panther style Inspector Clueso suckers on his feet and on one hand and he’s stuck up high near the ceiling in the hallway……, he has a tape deck and playing a recording of his late Mrs……. “Ha LO!”

Feasible?
ye o little faith Marco, its behind you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Thanks guys, hope is all well over there for the both of ya. I plan on posting here more, as it seems there will be more to post about! I keep getting alerts on Fotmob that Ipswich is making some transfer news, so I came on her to check it out. Plus, I am following Alex Griffin's YouTube channel. He does a great match day vlog.

Marko, family doing well, one at Notre Dame still and the other looking this year. Still looking to retire in 10 months and I have made it clear I want to head to UK, France and Italy next summer! I did take a street view look at Midmar Ave, the houses with the walls in front look really cool!

As far as your theory, I have learned to never say anything isn't possible. And to be fair, I did not look at the ceilings for a hanging person with suction cupped shoes! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:45 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:45 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Feasible?
ye o little faith Marco, its behind you :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be completely honest, Wolfie......., I know for a fact I'd physically shyte myself if I saw what could be described as a "ghost". I just know I would. Can't seem to get my head around what they're supposed to be; spirits of dead people?? It's just weird as fuuuuuuuuuk!

When my daughter goes into psychic reading chat mode, I leave the room. Can't be listening to that. Before my first grandchild was born (she's 10 now) my daughter had a miscarriage, (actually three miscarriages due to complications with diabetes) ..... But these unborn children are supposed to be chatting to her?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm like, "Listen darling, you carry on speaking to yer mother, I'll go put the kettle on and rearrange my sock drawer again!"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm
Thanks guys, hope is all well over there for the both of ya. I plan on posting here more, as it seems there will be more to post about! I keep getting alerts on Fotmob that Ipswich is making some transfer news, so I came on her to check it out. Plus, I am following Alex Griffin's YouTube channel. He does a great match day vlog.

Marko, family doing well, one at Notre Dame still and the other looking this year. Still looking to retire in 10 months and I have made it clear I want to head to UK, France and Italy next summer! I did take a street view look at Midmar Ave, the houses with the walls in front look really cool!

As far as your theory, I have learned to never say anything isn't possible. And to be fair, I did not look at the ceilings for a hanging person with suction cupped shoes! :lol:
Great stuff if you're retirement goal is still on the horizon. 👌👍👍

UK (after Brexit & CV19) is sort of going to the dogs a bit, Ohio. Used to hate big jeep drivers but WE ALL need them now......., the roads in Africa will be better than here.
Southern France & Italy though?? Awesome. And certainly where I'd like to retire too.

And yes, Midmar has always been a very nice and upmarket area of Edinburgh. All lawyers and retired police chiefs there! :lol: 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:55 am

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm

No wonder you've not been around much

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 am

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:12 pm

OK, as we are all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting on Frosty and Ohio to tell there epic story's,
Lucy, time to get back behind the sofa :wink:

Got this short but mysterious story to tell while we wait,
me and a few mates went all night sea fishing on this pebbled beach on the east coast, pitch black and a misty fog coming off the sea,
i was walking along this pebbled beach around 3am in the morning when out of the mist and without a sound this old lady walked/floated past me, didnt look at me or speak which would be understandable at that time of morning, wasn't really scary but i still cant get me head round what happened, talking to these other local fishermen in the morning they said they had often seen this image of an old lady walking on the beach in the night,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Right we are already for the next story. :wink:

and young Lucy is waiting,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Right, come on......., its a scary Friday night......, let's hear it Mr Wolf.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 pm
well I'm getting a bit short on these stories now mate, but this one really did have a scary ending,
didn't happen to me but a very a reliable persons encounter,

WARNING, This story is not for the faint hearted,

These lads lived near this derelict house, been empty for years as apparently it was haunted,
the fella who told me said when he was a kid he was dared to go into this house and go down to the cellar.

He took up the challenge and one cold, winters night off he went,
He said he got to the door which was open, he took a deep breath and was just about to go in when he heard this voice say " don't go in that door"
:shock: Panic set in but he still he entered the house regardless,

looking around for the door to the cellar he he opened this door and there was the kitchen, just about to go in this voice said " Don't go in the kitchen" :shock: thinking well I've come this far I'm going in, looking around this kitchen there was this key with a tag on it Cellar Key, so he went to pick up the key when he heard this voice saying " don't touch that key" :shock: thinking this thing hasnt actually done anything he fought he would pick this key up.
Walking past the stairs to the upstairs he thought what might be up there, before he put one foot on the first step this voice said " do not go up those stairs, :shock:

While he is telling us this story I'm thinking this fella is was one tough cookie when he was a kid,

To be Continued
Last edited by goldandblack on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:54 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 pm
well I'm getting a bit short on these stories now mate, but this one really did have a scary ending,
didn't happen to me but a very a reliable persons,

WARNING, This story is not for the faint hearted,
I have got a few stories to share, but must stress, they're stories told to me by other people that I have remembered. I'll type up a couple over the weekend.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 pm

that is too funny bluemike :lol: :lol:

I wrote the second story, but the stupid session timed out on me before I submitted it :evil:

I will try again later

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:32 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 pm
that is too funny bluemike :lol: :lol:

I wrote the second story, but the stupid session timed out on me before I submitted it :evil:

I will try again later
right all ready for this thriller Ohio, i haven't slept since your last one mate,, :?

my second episode of the haunted house can wait,

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 pm

Story Continued. Episode Two..
He was about to go up the stairs when he heard this voice again say” don’t go up those stairs or you will regret it boy” then he suddenly heard something shuffling about up there and decided not to go up those stairs,

Anyway he was telling us he found the door to the cellar and the key unlocked it, he then heard this voice say “do not open that door boy” the lad said well he’d come this far so might as well have a look down there and opened the door, it was really dark down there and a musty smell. He went to step on the first step and he heard this voice again say “do not go down into the cellar boy”

The lad said he got to the bottom of the stairs and into the cellar, was pitch black but he had a candle and matches on him, he lit the candle and all that was down there was a table with what looked like a small cardboard tube laying on table, he went to pick this small cardboard tube
And a voice said “Do not touch that up” the lad thought what could possibly happen if he did just touch this tube,

So he picked it up and rattled it, there was something in there, and saw there was a cap on this tube, he went to take the lid off and the voice shouted very angrily “Do not take the lid off that tube”

The lad was a bit scared now and said to whatever was speaking to him “Why not I only want to see what is in there.
The voice replied”

To be continued Anyone with a nervous disposition please do not read episode 3 as from now is when this story gets really unbelievable. :shock: