The Olympics

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1580
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

The Olympics

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Anybody watching much of the Olympics?

Good to see Tom Daley (alongside Matty Lee) getting a gold at the fourth time of asking. With Adam Peaty retaining his title and Tom Pidcock winning in the mountain bike cross-country pretty convincingly, Monday morning has seen an impressive start to our gold medal haul.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4230
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: The Olympics

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:12 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pm
Anybody watching much of the Olympics?

Good to see Tom Daley (alongside Matty Lee) getting a gold at the fourth time of asking. With Adam Peaty retaining his title and Tom Pidcock winning in the mountain bike cross-country pretty convincingly, Monday morning has seen an impressive start to our gold medal haul.
yeah great to see them get the gold, Well deserved. its been impressive so far, that Men's triathlon was spell bounding last night, how do they do it with that heat, i was worn out just watching it lo

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5751
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: The Olympics

Post by lucy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:00 pm

I wanted to watch but woke up late. Good on Tom Daley. he deserves his Gold.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20073
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The Olympics

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Mens 100metres.

Everything else can fk off!

So when is that 9.8 seconds happening…… or 9.48 seconds if substances involved?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4230
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: The Olympics

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm
Mens 100metres.

Everything else can fk off!

So when is that 9.8 seconds happening…… or 9.48 seconds if substances involved?
there you go mate,
When is the men's 100m final?

The men's 100m prelims will be on Saturday, July 31 during the morning session in Japan (01:00-04:00 BST) before round 1 later in the day (11:00-13:55 BST). But the action really hots up 24 hours later on Sunday, August 1 with the semi-finals and final, both in the evening session in Japan. (11:00-13:55 BST again).

The actual final will be run at 13:50 BST on Sunday August 1.

you could be out of luck Marco, the cricket will be on at the same time on the other side, :(

i was more in to the 1500 metres when Ovett, Cram, Seb Coe and David Bedford were at there best. proper race that
Image

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20073
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The Olympics

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am

Appreciate the endurance……. Really do and family members have been involved in athletics…….. but for TV? Can’t watch running around a track. Bores the man-tits off me! It is mind-numbing. (For me anyway)

100 metres? The build up is tense, the race is tense. The whole experience is gripping.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20073
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The Olympics

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 am

“Are you a pole vaulter?”
“No. German. And how do you know my name is Vaulter?”

Anyone else watch the pole vault wondering if this is the day the pole snaps? Or going over that bar and then being impaled on their pole on the way down? Just adds excitement to the viewing.

https://youtu.be/MzIGnOWBU9c

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4230
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: The Olympics

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am
Appreciate the endurance……. Really do and family members have been involved in athletics…….. but for TV? Can’t watch running around a track. Bores the man-tits off me! It is mind-numbing. (For me anyway)

100 metres? The build up is tense, the race is tense. The whole experience is gripping.
so your not up to watching the triathlon then :lol: comes on at about mid night and finished about 1 am, both men's and woman's were brilliant.

The pole vault, did you ever try it at School, we used to but the pole never bent at all, , probably made of alloy, lucky it didn't tho because the School couldn't afford the sand to go in the pit, so if anyone did get over say at 6ft high, the drop the other side was 8ft on to concrete :?

they even took the ;pointy bit of the javelins :lol:

the Rugby sevens are brilliant, wonder how our powder puff footballers would get on with some of those tackles.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 20073
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: The Olympics

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:43 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm
......couldn't afford the sand to go in the pit, so if anyone did get over say at 6ft high, the drop the other side was 8ft on to concrete...
So it wasn't just Scotland where the sadistic PE teachers were! :lol:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4230
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: The Olympics

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:43 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:01 pm
......couldn't afford the sand to go in the pit, so if anyone did get over say at 6ft high, the drop the other side was 8ft on to concrete...
So it wasn't just Scotland where the sadistic PE teachers were! :lol:
yeah this fella had some issues, the biggest one was he was Welsh :) when you did the high jump if you didn't land on your feet you landed in A&E. :lol:

Post Reply