NEW QUIZ, Name the match

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Name this historic match

…………………………..v…………………………..
DATE; ………………………………………………

CLUE .1.


The match was played at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid,
The Attendance was 51,000.
Both managers B,,,,,,,,,?……… & ?…………Z…………… shook hands and took their seats in the dugout.
The captains exchanged pennants before kick off.
Referee; António Garrido (Portugal) blows the whistle for the kick off.
After 21 minutes a goal was scored which was the eventual winner of the match.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by TODD66 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:56 pm

28/05/80

Nottingham Forest v Hamburg

European Cup Final

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:56 pm
28/05/80

Nottingham Forest v Hamburg

European Cup Final
Correct Todd, 5 points for that, your catching Charnwood up, :wink:
Image

Points
Charnwood 15pts
Todd66.......11pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Name the match and date,

CLUE .1.


Match; …………………….v……………………….
Date;……………………………..
.................................................................................................

CLUE .1.
2nd Leg
The managers …………………. & …Robert Herbin…take their seats in the dug out
Referee Erich Linemayr meets the two captains at the centre circle to toss the coin.
The match kicks of in front of over 30,000 fans
The Score was 0-0 at half time, then soon in the second half the home team took the lead in the 47th min.
Then in the 80th minute the away club scored an equaliser.
Then in the last 10 minutes the home side scored two more goals to win the leg 3-1.

CLUE.2.
1st Leg.
The Away team is led out at St Etienne by ……………. Arguably their Greatest ever performance. Surely the club’s most eye-catching result.
St. Etienne were one of the real powers of European football at the time, and their team included Michel Platini and Dutch star Johnny Rep.
When Rep put the home side ahead after only 16 minutes, it looked rather worrying for the away team. But a …………… header levelled things before the break, and the away side turned on the style in the second half.
Arnold Muhren, superb throughout, put ………….. ahead with a 25-yard screamer just after the interval,…………… grabbed his second and then ……………. sealed matters in the 76th minute.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by TODD66 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Wednesday, 18. March 1981

Ipswich v St Etienne

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:06 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:55 pm
Wednesday, 18. March 1981

Ipswich v St Etienne
Yes Correct Todd, Well Done 5 points . Happy Christmas Todd and Charnwood and all your families.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQYPJs2g9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJZ01h2aVY

League Positions, Todd takes the lead;
Todd66.......16 pts
Charnwood 15pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:22 pm

CLUE .1.


Name the match
………………………. V ……………………………
DATE;……………………………………………….

The two managers A…………….R and B………….R…………shake hands and take their seats in the dug outs with their two subs each
The two captains exchange pennants and the referee Michel Vautrot tosses the coin,
An attendants of 63,282 are on their feet for this cup final.
The away side were on top when in the 20th minute they take the lead via a Geordie Winger, ?
H.T. 0-1.



CLUE.2.


Brian Robson led out his side for the second half,
in the 57th minute Bobby Connor was substituted and replaced by Peter Grant,
then in the 82nd minute the away side scored the winning goal scored by a third division striker,

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by TODD66 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:03 pm

27/05/89

Scotland v England.

Can't imagine why you chose this one G&B!! :wink:

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:21 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:03 pm
27/05/89

Scotland v England.

Can't imagine why you chose this one G&B!! :wink:
:wink:

Yes Correct Todd, another 3 points, was the Roux cup final in 1989, and the just happens Stevie Bull scored :D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVWlK5bFrMc

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... or-england

Image


League Positions, Todd takes the lead;
Todd66.......19 pts
Charnwood 15pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:59 pm

NAME THE MATCH
…………………………..V……………………………..
DATE…………………………………………………


CLUE .1.
The two managers Giovanni Trapattoni..&…R……………D…………… shake hands and take their seats in the dug outs,
The two captains …R……………K…………….&……T……………H………….exchange pennants on the centre circle.
The referee Felix Bryce (Germany) blows the whistle to start the game in front of a 81,000 + crowd.
The first half was equal and at H.T was still 0-0.
In the 68th Min N…………….A……………….scores the only goal of the match.


CLUE .2.

The 2nd Leg
The match kicks off at the Stade de France in front of 79,000 +,
in the 33rd minute the away side scored to level the Aggregate at 1-1, via Robbie ...................
the match went into extra time,
it all kicked of when the home teams striker hand balled the ball before Gallas scored the equaliser to give the home side 2-1 win on Agg.

User avatar
TODD66
Posting Game Moderator
Posts: 6674
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Chester

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by TODD66 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:42 pm

14/11/09

Republic of Ireland v France

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:01 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:42 pm
14/11/09

Republic of Ireland v France
Right again Todd well done, that was a very important win for the Town last night,

you had a look at the picture quiz, i think your help is needed :wink:


League Positions, Todd takes the lead;
Todd66.......22 pts
Charnwood 15pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:29 pm

Name the Match…………………………….v……………………………………..
Name the date, …………………………………………………………………….



CLUE ONE,



It was a great year for football in this country in question,
Was a sunny Saturday afternoon at around 2,30 pm as both teams entered the arena.
Both teams lined up to be presented to ……………………………. Before kick-off.
Both managers H,C, and A,B, take their seats on the side of the pitch.
The captains B,L, and D,M, meet in the middle circle and exchange pennants,
They kick off in front of over 50,000 fans from both sides,
.....................................................................
CLUE 2

After just 4 minutes the side playing in All White shirts as the drawn away team, took a shock lead with a goal from J. M….That remained the score until half time H.T 0-1
The English Referee blows the whistle for the 2nd half, the drawn home side hadn’t let a single goal in up to this match so it was a big shock when they went 0-2 down after 57 mins when D.F. scored
It stayed that way until 2 minutes later when M T scores for the team playing in their usual blue & white strip. Then 5 mins later the same player scores again to make it 2-2 each .
.......................................................................
CLUE.3.

In the 74th minute D.T scored the 3rd and winning goal, a fan runs on the pitch chased by a policeman who lost his hat bringing the fan down and a player putting his hat on, LOL. so 0-2 down they pulled it back to win the cup.
.......................................................................................................

CLUE.4.

The Captain Brian Labone of the winning side climbs the famous steps to collect the trophy from the royal family.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 pm

I can’t believe this Comp had slipped completely off my radar, time to re engage !

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5861
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by lucy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:19 pm

Everton v Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 1966 Fa Cup Final 14th May
Last edited by lucy on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:20 pm

Everton 3- 2 Sheffield Wednesday

FA Cup Final

14 May 1966

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5861
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by lucy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:21 pm

Snap
Last edited by lucy on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5861
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by lucy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:22 pm

Charnwood I just beat you

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:25 pm

lucy wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:19 pm
Everton v Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 1966 Fa Cup Final
yes well done Lucy, that was a final to remember,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEztFITXdxU
Image

Todd66.......22 pts
Charnwood 15pts
Lucy ..........2pts
Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 pm
I can’t believe this Comp had slipped completely off my radar, time to re engage !
I thought you were just giving other folk a chance Andy, Lucy just beat you to it in this one, :D

we must have both been only 15yrs old when that match took place, Happy Birthday this month Andy,?

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5861
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by lucy » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:42 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 pm
I can’t believe this Comp had slipped completely off my radar, time to re engage !
I thought you were just giving other folk a chance Andy, Lucy just beat you to it in this one, :D

we must have both been only 15yrs old when that match took place, Happy Birthday this month Andy,?
It's his bhday today

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:53 pm

lucy wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:42 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 pm
I can’t believe this Comp had slipped completely off my radar, time to re engage !
I thought you were just giving other folk a chance Andy, Lucy just beat you to it in this one, :D

we must have both been only 15yrs old when that match took place, Happy Birthday this month Andy,?
It's his bhday today
Ah thanks Lucy, i knew it was soon, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY. your still a couple of weeks older than me, :?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm

.
Name the match...........................................
Date of the match.........................................


The two managers R.B. & A.P.lead out their teams for the match and take their seats in the dug outs,
The two captains meet in the middle to toss the coin to choose ends and kick off,
The referee: A.W. blows the whistle to kick off in front of over 71,000 fans,
The match was fairly even up to the 21st minute then 3 goals are scored in 11 minutes , J.C. Scores to make it 1-0 to the team in the all-white strip,
7 minutes later its 2-0. Then in the 32nd minute the team in red scores to make it 2-1 with the goal scored by D,C,at H-T.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:35 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:26 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:14 pm
I can’t believe this Comp had slipped completely off my radar, time to re engage !
I thought you were just giving other folk a chance Andy, Lucy just beat you to it in this one, :D

we must have both been only 15yrs old when that match took place, Happy Birthday this month Andy,?
She did beat me Woolfie but only by editing her first answer after copying mine which was posted at the same time as her original post which hadn’t answered the question, but hey it looks like she needs those two points more than I do.

When’s your 🥳 ?

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:01 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm
.
Name the match...........................................
Date of the match.........................................


The two managers R.B. & A.P.lead out their teams for the match and take their seats in the dug outs,
The two captains meet in the middle to toss the coin to choose ends and kick off,
The referee: A.W. blows the whistle to kick off in front of over 71,000 fans,
The match was fairly even up to the 21st minute then 3 goals are scored in 11 minutes , J.C. Scores to make it 1-0 to the team in the all-white strip,
7 minutes later its 2-0. Then in the 32nd minute the team in red scores to make it 2-1 with the goal scored by D,C,at H-T.


FA Cup Final 2006

Liverpool 6 v 4 West Ham United (aet)

Date: 13th May 2006

Also known as “The Gerrard Final” and widely regarded as the best Cup Fial of all time.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:33 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:01 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm
.
Name the match...........................................
Date of the match.........................................


The two managers R.B. & A.P.lead out their teams for the match and take their seats in the dug outs,
The two captains meet in the middle to toss the coin to choose ends and kick off,
The referee: A.W. blows the whistle to kick off in front of over 71,000 fans,
The match was fairly even up to the 21st minute then 3 goals are scored in 11 minutes , J.C. Scores to make it 1-0 to the team in the all-white strip,
7 minutes later its 2-0. Then in the 32nd minute the team in red scores to make it 2-1 with the goal scored by D,C,at H-T.


FA Cup Final 2006

Liverpool 6 v 4 West Ham United (aet)

Date: 13th May 2006

Also known as “The Gerrard Final” and widely regarded as the best Cup Fial of all time.

yes Correct, only thing wrong with that match was Liverpool won it, apart from that was a great game,

Todd66.......22 pts
Charnwood. 20pts
Lucy ..........2pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:58 pm

NAME THE MATCH AND DATE
Match…………………………………………………..
Date………………………………………………………


CLUE.1.

It was a cold Saturday afternoon in East Anglia,
The away club travelled over 230 miles to this match.
The referee Darren Bond blows the whistle to kick off in front of nearly 17,000 fans.

In the 7th minute AN ex-Everton player? Scores for the home side, but in the 29th minute
the away side equalises via another ex-Everton player?

The home side takes the lead via an ex Southend player? Scoring his first ever goal for this club.
then In the 43 minute the away side scores another equaliser via an ex- Nottingham Forest ?

The ref blows for Half Time 2-2

................................................

CLUE .2.

The 2nd half kicks off, the home side took the lead again in the 53rd min, via a former Leicester City
Player,
It was a very close game with the away side having 71% of the game, but in the 67th minute scored their 4th goal via a former Man City player,
The score remained the same to make in a 4-2 win the home side,
This win kept the home side in 7th position,
The away side are now 13th in this league,

...............................................

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 14489
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm

Ipswich Town 4 v 2 Nottingham Forest

2/12/ 2017


Just not sure where Forest traveled from given it’s only 146 miles from Nottingham to Ipswich. I know this because I did the journey many times when I lived in Nottingham.

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:35 pm
Ipswich Town 4 v 2 Nottingham Forest

2/12/ 2017


Just not sure where Forest traveled from given it’s only 146 miles from Nottingham to Ipswich. I know this because I did the journey many times when I lived in Nottingham.
Yes Correct Andy. Well Done, sorry about the miles, as the crow flies its 115 miles, i should have said they travelled 230 miles for this match in total :? :


Charnwood. 23pts
Todd66.......22 pts
Lucy ..........2pts

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 4668
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: NEW QUIZ, Name the match

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:21 pm

Match …………………………………v………………………………..
Date ………………………………………………
CLUE .1.
This match was contested by probably the best side the world has ever seen v a side probably
one of the best European sides.
The two managers M, ………?………& F, …………?………shake hands before taking their seats in the dug out.
The two captains C……………,?................. & G………….?................shake hands and exchange pennants.
The referee from East Germany R………….G………………blows the whistle to kick off in front of the over 90,000 fans, on a very hot day,
After just 16 minutes the favourites take the lead.
Then after 35 mins the score was levelled by the ex- Chicago Mustangs forward
Half Time 1-1

Post Reply