Paris 2022

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Paris 2022

Post by goldandblack » Sun May 29, 2022 9:22 pm

Heysel Stadium.
Hillsborough
Banned from playing in Europe for 5 yrs,
now Paris.

anyone see a connection

Cant say we heard much on the Real Madrid fans getting problems,? strange that aye, even Glasgow Rangers fan behaved himself ,

goldandblack

Re: Paris 2022

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 31, 2022 10:39 pm

great comments.from the wolf.dot com

Apparently the little car that delivers the match ball was stolen and left standing on bricks.
lets see who we can blame for the troubles.... Brexit, extinction rebellion, UEFA, the police, Ken Dodd, Boris Johnson, the police, Covid, stewarding, the police, Dianne Abbott, Putin, and anyone but........

Looks like them lovable little scouse scamps are at it again trying to get into a stadium with the wrong/no tickets.
We all know how that ended up last time

Victims, all of them. They always are.

As per usual with British fans and especially Liverpool fans, too many fans there with no tickets or fake tickets.
That ground holds big games, and there is never a problem following the England Rugby team, there, because if your a Rugby fan, and you have no ticket you generally don't travel.
Last night too many fans were outside with NO tickets, trying to get in, and sadly it's always Liverpool.
Liverpool want an investigation, they need to look a little closer to home, just thank God, no one died.

Anyone who was in the Southbank in the seventies on a Wednesday night when they needed to beat us to pip QPR, will remember the boom as the twats kicked in the gates and flooded an already packed bank with none-paying numbnuts. They never change, thieves and robbers the lot of them

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:20 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:22 pm
Heysel Stadium.
Hillsborough
now Paris.

anyone see a connection

Cant say we heard much on the Real Madrid fans getting problems,? strange that aye, even Glasgow Rangers fan behaved himself ,

It looks like you may have got this one wrong Woolfie. Loads in the Spanish press about Madrid fans having problems with some hospitalised. I also know of Liverpool players family members being pepper sprayed for no reason whatsoever. On this occasion it looks like it was the brutal French Police looking for trouble, not the fans.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:20 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Heysel Stadium.
Hillsborough
now Paris.

anyone see a connection

It looks like you may have got this one wrong Woolfie. Loads in the Spanish press about Madrid fans having problems with some hospitalised. I also know of Liverpool players family members being pepper sprayed for no reason whatsoever. On this occasion it looks like it was the brutal French Police looking for trouble, not the fans.
sorry Andy but i stick to what i say, I've seen first hand what these folk will do to get into a ground without tickets, and like Hillsborough its the innocent that get the grief,

an estimated 40k Liverpool fans with no tickets or forgery's make the trip. they dont settle for fan zones, personally i praise the French police for avoiding another tragedy.

Suppose those ticket less fans at Wembley who smashed their way in were just misunderstood,

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:55 am

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:20 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Heysel Stadium.
Hillsborough
now Paris.

anyone see a connection

sorry Andy but i stick to what i say, I've seen first hand what these folk will do to get into a ground without tickets, and like Hillsborough its the innocent that get the grief,

an estimated 40k Liverpool fans with no tickets or forgery's make the trip. they dont settle for fan zones, personally i praise the French police for avoiding another tragedy.

Suppose those ticket less fans at Wembley who smashed their way in were just misunderstood,

Stick to whatever you like John, just telling you on this occasion (Paris 2022) you’re wrong, as were the French police and they’ve admitted it and apologised.

Whilst I don’t condone any of Liverpool fans previous bad behaviour which I’ve witnessed first hand at Champions League games here in Spain, on this occasion the police were the perpetrators of crime and sadly this is nothing new in France under the current Macron regime.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:27 pm

This is my opinion and good to hear others but seems its only you and me want to discuss the matter,

Reputations tend to follow you in history Andy.

So looking at Hillsborough, Heysel, and more recent Wembley. and the many other incidents involving our fans i think the writing was on the wall to take strong actions, think we should as well with the rising incidents in our leagues again,

seems to me everyone gets the blame except the people who actually create the problem.
I bet the Yorkshire police had wished they had foreseen what 20k fans desperate to cheat their way into a ground could cause,

As i say, hindsight is a marvellous thing for folk to take a dig at those who have to make tough decisions. right or wrong.