Far From Finished

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

arana peligrosa

Far From Finished

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Up until some time recent were all rather (and foolishly) flippant with the Covid issue but it's only when it hits you and family members, only then it becomes a primary concern.

Tested positive a week and half back and a family member admitted into hospital (now released) with it, eight days in isolation unit. If not undergone treatment at the time, would not have survived another 48 hours. The medical teams do a great job which invariably goes unnoticed, these people save lives and often don't receive the acclaim they deserve. Regrettably many don't make it, not quite out of danger as yet but guess we're part of a fortunate number.

Point being you got to take notice of these issues and accept that if you think you won't be affected, chances are you'll pick up an illness. Look on in dismay that events such as Glastonbury went on like before in full swing and guessing not that many were taking adequate precaution to reduce risk i.e. hand sanitizer, masks et cetera. Like a sort of unspoken belief, never mind what's out there, just enjoy yourselves and carry on like you were.

Those that have endured it and there's been a handful, the relief when you're recovering and over the worst of it is clear to behold. Shortness of breath, even mundane tasks like ascending stairs were a problem, we had to be put on oxygen. Don't frighten easily but when a life is in jeopardy it does hit home how fragile life can be, or is. Had to cancel certain events, July 4 wasn't up to much this time around but planning now for time ahead and make amends on missing out.

Bottom line take care out there. Brushing aside the whole virus issue or an apathetic stance with what seems the majority of a population can only backfire. Cases are rising and new variants are on the increase. Only after a certain endurance can you understand the relevance of it all.

number 9

Re: Far From Finished

Post by number 9 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:52 pm

Sorry to hear you had a family member seriously affected by Covid. You’re right, it’s not over and it will probably never be over. I’ve had Moderna shots, and I will continue to get boosters when available. I haven’t tested positive yet as far as I know, but if I do get sick I’ll certainly test myself with the kits that have been made available for free in the US. Take care everyone, if it’s not Covid I’m sure there will be a strain of some disease that threatens our health.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:52 pm
Take care everyone, if it’s not Covid I’m sure there will be a strain of some disease that threatens our health.......
...... or a gunman where you are.

Feckin mental case country. :evil:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:28 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:45 pm
number 9 wrote:
Take care everyone, if it’s not Covid I’m sure there will be a strain of some disease that threatens our health.......

There’s that too. In my opinion, it’s copy cat actions for the crazy people. Get some help for God sake! No one cares about you! Be bold and accept your adversity! Go down graciously. Don’t involve me. It’s not my fault you’re f*cked up. Take your own fuckin life and leave us alone c*cks!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:20 am

number 9 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:28 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:45 pm
number 9 wrote:

There’s that too. In my opinion, it’s copy cat actions for the crazy people. Get some help for God sake! No one cares about you! Be bold and accept your adversity! Go down graciously. Don’t involve me. It’s not my fault you’re f*cked up. Take your own fuckin life and leave us alone c*cks!
Well, sorry to SJ for changing thread direction, back to covid chat in a minute…….. but tongue in cheek laugh here, No9 based on your post…… i am sometimes referred to as “the commie bstd” amongst mates. :lol:
A lot to be said for absolute power and reigning the herd in now and again. There are so so many of the “crazy people” out there and its all born out of “freedom” and half a billion “rights”.
But anyway……. Thats for another thread where i’d be sure to have my nadz stomped on.

PLENTY covid kicking around in Scotland at the moment.
Although……., its being used as an excuse A LOT.

“Hi there buddy, due to pop out and see you Thursday morning to look at that flat roof? Gonnae have to cancel. Had a chinese delivery last night and got chatting to the driver. Apparently he delivered to my cousin who has her dog walked by a woman who’s husband had a meeting at his work with a colleague whos wife was at the local bakery in a massive queue and apparently, cant be certain, apparently…….. someone sneezed. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, soooo, ken what a mean mate? 🤷‍♂️ Cannae be taking any chances.”

🤦‍♂️