Dental Crown

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Dental Crown

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:27 pm

Crowns are easy…and will actually make your tooth last longer

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:54 am

I must have at least 6 and an implant. They are fine, no problem at all. Except for the cost….

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Spent $700 on a dental crown on one of the smaller teeth in the front. Eating a sandwich for lunch, said crown got stuck under my upper teeth & basically yanked the base tooth from its socket. Now hoping the subluxation will heal, but not confident. Soft foods for two weeks I’ll update later.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 pm
Spent $700 on a dental crown on one of the smaller teeth in the front. Eating a sandwich for lunch, said crown got stuck under my upper teeth & basically yanked the base tooth from its socket. Now hoping the subluxation will heal, but not confident. Soft foods for two weeks I’ll update later.
That’s not expensive for America, I’m sure my daughter spent more like $5k on a recent visit to the dentist for root canal treatment and a dental crown. I don’t think I’ve exaggerated but I’ll check next time I chat to her.

10 years ago I spent more than £20k on implants but having spent nothing more than check up and hygienist costs since I think it was money well spent. Only inconvenience was the treatment was spread over at least a year maybe a little longer.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:35 am

Ive got lots of crowns (unfortunately). Considering the average cost of each one is £500, I’m worth a bloody fortune :lol: .
How dentists can justify the cost of crown I don’t know . You normally have : appoints of 45mins each . So that works out about £333 per hour as an hourly rate ( if my sums are right). Bunch of money grabbing tosses.