Cat Hitchhiker!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Cat Hitchhiker!

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:55 pm

So I got my daughter Chick Fila for lunch today and during the drive to CFA I heard what sounded like a cat meowing. I get to the drive-thru and asked the CFA girl if she could hear meowing? She said yes and it’s coming from your car. I popped the hood & sure enough there was a pre-adult kitten resting on the driveshaft. We basically shut down the drive-thru lane and attempted to get the cat out. Finally after about 20 mins we were able to get him to run out. I was easily driving 55 to 60 miles per hour on the drive and he managed to hang on for the ride! I’ve never experienced anything like it. I just hope he somehow survives now.

number 9

Re: Cat Hitchhiker!

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:03 pm

Btw, this is a true story not a wind up. I’ve shared the story with family & friends. The funniest response came from a friend I’ve known for more than 20 years. He said, that’s all the pussy I’ll be getting. Lol!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:04 am

Had to do a US google check on terminology as i get mixed up.

Trunk - boot
Hood - bonnet

So this wee thing was in beside the engine? Holy shyte, 9 :shock: What an absolute wee trooper.
Was going to suggest that it would’ve been good if you could’ve kept that as a pet………. But from the cats point of view; it’d be thinking, “Get me the fk away from this guy. That journey was worse than Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.”

Disclaimer:

I understand the cat would not know Tom Cruise or Mission Impossible ——>> too young!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:12 pm

That could have been a right Cat - astrophe

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:12 pm
That could have been a right Cat - astrophe
:lol: 👍👌👏👏👏

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:15 am

He ran away, so I wasn’t able to adopt him/her. I really hope he survives. He deserves it after that ordeal.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Another addition to the cat scrolls of 9:

I have to share this story with you guys. I’m sad. The other night I was sitting on my patio and a stray cat family sauntered by. It was momma and two kittens. One of the kittens hung back and sniffed around the lattice. I wanted to adopt it so bad, but I knew I couldn’t. Well, I just drove to the store and there was a dead kitten on the road just outside of the apartments. It was definitely one of those kittens cuz the colors matched. I know I’m being melodramatic, but it broke my heart.😔

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:07 am

So…I adopted my daughter’s cat, well fuckin years ago. He just turned 16 on valentine’s day…we think. We hated each other when my daughter moved in with me. He scratched my shins and bit me and to be honest I had thought many times to open the door and let him find his fate. Fast forward 16 years and I can honestly say he’s my partner in life! We’ve traveled cross country together and both have tolerated the misgivings that have approached us. He’s a very intelligent cat, he opens the kitchen cabinets by standing on his hind legs and walking the cabinets open and snuggles with his hair against all of my clean pots and pans. You’re probably wondering why are you telling us this about you cat!? Well, I know how society may perceive a 57 year old man with a cat as a pet! Trust me it’s not mummy issues or masculinity issues please! He’s my buddy and I love him. There I said it. But I always tell people he’s not my cat, he’s my daughter’s cat haha! His name is Dade.