Society

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Society

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:22 am

I’ve just spent 10 minutes trying to remove a plastic wrap on a pepper shaker. Here we are post pandemic going about our lives, spending twice as much on groceries. All of the ingredients for WW3 are in the making and yet we sit here with no other care in the world…except for the desire to see our TEAM win promotion. Ukraine is at war with Russia, Israel is at war with Hamas. It won’t be long before China jumps in. Russia is close to launching a nuclear device that will kill all satellites. I mean really? What a f*cked up world we live in! And I’m hoping to retire in a few years. Can anyone give me a sense of positivity?? It’s 2024 and the leaders of countries still act like fuckin apes! Have you seen Planet of the Apes? Well we’re living it right now. What’s it gonna take to overthrow these ignorant leaders in society? Society?? I’m ready for a revolution!

Andym

Re: Society

Post by Andym » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 am

I have to say I feel just the same. So many countries lurching to the right, Trump will get elected and will leave NATO. I think a war is inevitable, and it’s primarily as a result of the rich nations ignoring the poor. The people from the poor countries / often poor because we explored them or sell weapons to help perpetuate their wars - understandably want a better way of life and want to move here. The anti immigrant rants of the right wing stir up the feelings of the population. So countries lurch to the right, protectionism etc.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Society

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:37 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:22 am
I’ve just spent 10 minutes trying to remove a plastic wrap on a pepper shaker.
This post about “society” doesn’t surprise me…… because judging by that part ——>> you're a nail biter! :lol: