About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Foxy Lady

Re: About YOU!

Post by Foxy Lady » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:37 am

Hi All,

Well this is weird, guess I better re introduce myself. I was a member on here in its early days.

I'm a massive Ipswich fan for a "long" time and a St holder for the last 15 seasons. I rarely miss a game.

So again.....Hello.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Foxy Lady wrote:Hi All,

Well this is weird, guess I better re introduce myself. I was a member on here in its early days.

I'm a massive Ipswich fan for a "long" time and a St holder for the last 15 seasons. I rarely miss a game.

So again.....Hello.
Well, let me 're-welcome' you back then :D

It's great to have you back, and I look forward to your contributions that follow.

Cheers Dave

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:39 pm

So again.....Hello.
"Foxy" Welcome back my little away day buddy. :wink:

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Frosty wrote:

So again.....Hello.
Well, let me 're-welcome' you back then :D

It's great to have you back, and I look forward to your contributions that follow.

Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave :D

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:55 pm

bluemike wrote:

So again.....Hello.
Lets get them away day sorted :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Foxy Lady wrote:
bluemike wrote:

So again.....Hello.
Lets get them away day sorted :D
Absolutely....Brentford here we come !!!

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh yes can't wait :D

clifferat

Post by clifferat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:32 pm

I am 45 and live in the U.S. I was first introduced to ITFC when I was 12 years old during the summer of 1981 when my father was stationed at RAF Lakenheath. I had always played as a youth and was overwhelmed by the passion for the sport in Britain. I attended about 10 matches a year from 1981-1984. It was a real eye opener for an American kid. Even though we have amazing coverage of all EPL games here in the states I am still a diehard Ipswich Town fan. I have not chosen one of the EPL "Big 6" out of some random fan false loyalty like most of my countrymen. I have tried to follow the Tractor Boys over the years but it has been difficult here in the states. Anyway, I decided to give this site a try and keep up with the club that fueled my passion for the game. Yes, I will sometimes type "soccer", and I know you are all going to cringe at your computer screen or mobile device. That's what we call it here and I will try to fit in and use the term football as much as possible. I hope to save up enough money to get back over to the U.K. someday and see a match as I did back in my youth.

Dave

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello.

I was a member back in the day - some of you may remember me as Diddy Dubz.

To all my old friends - i'm back! :wink:

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm

welcome back fella!

now behave! :lol: :wink:

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 pm

I always have 8)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 am

Welcome back to the madhouse.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:32 am

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:Hello.

Nice you see you back on here 'Oh Little one' :wink:

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Less of the little... Pensioner! :wink: :mrgreen:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:Less of the little... Pensioner! :wink: :mrgreen:
Well I guess I am getting close now mate..
:cry:

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:Hello.

welcome back Mate!

jraudy

Post by jraudy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
I am 74 years old, an American living in California. I am writing for my father-in-law, Eric Smith, at age 87. He lived in Ipswich until he moved here in 1980. He worked for Ransom and Rabies (sp.) As is not technically savy, I am going to cut and paste group comments for him and will type in comments he wants to send back. I hope doing this is ok. He is a 'died in the wool' Blues fan and follows the team from here with local newscasts and an occasional game on TV. He tells me he was very excited about the first few games this year but has since been disappointed. Jim Raudy

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:17 am

jraudy wrote:
I am 74 years old, an American living in California. I am writing for my father-in-law, Eric Smith, at age 87. He lived in Ipswich until he moved here in 1980. He worked for Ransom and Rabies (sp.) As is not technically savy, I am going to cut and paste group comments for him and will type in comments he wants to send back. I hope doing this is ok. He is a 'died in the wool' Blues fan and follows the team from here with local newscasts and an occasional game on TV. He tells me he was very excited about the first few games this year but has since been disappointed. Jim Raudy
There's only two other Americans on these pages, myself and Ohio Tractor Boy. Take the opportunity to welcome yourself and Mr Smith to the pages, hope you enjoyed today's game. Any further questions don't be afraid to ask or PM if the need arises.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

saint jude wrote:
jraudy wrote:
There's only two other Americans on these pages, myself and Ohio Tractor Boy. Take the opportunity to welcome yourself and Mr Smith to the pages, hope you enjoyed today's game. Any further questions don't be afraid to ask or PM if the need arises.

Hey Jim, i’ve only just read this with great interest as most of my family worked for Ransomes & Rapier at their Waterside Works site Ipswich, these include my father, my grandfather, two of my uncles, and three cousins. I even spent 6 months there myself after being made redundant in 1972.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 pm
Hello.

!!!! I missed this!! I never knew! Welcome back big fella.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm

I very rarely look on the non football related pages but interesting to actually get a feel for who people are. Im 29 and been an ITFC season ticket holder for 17 not so glorious years...

Outside of football my main hobby (aside from spending time with family) is that is am a keen triathlete racing on behalf of Ipswich Triathlon Club. Raced my first Ironman in Austria this year which was great. Not sure if there are any others on here into Triathlon? Its a brilliant sport.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:16 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm
I very rarely look on the non football related pages but interesting to actually get a feel for who people are. Im 29 and been an ITFC season ticket holder for 17 not so glorious years...

Outside of football my main hobby (aside from spending time with family) is that is am a keen triathlete racing on behalf of Ipswich Triathlon Club. Raced my first Ironman in Austria this year which was great. Not sure if there are any others on here into Triathlon? Its a brilliant sport.
I did my first sprint Tri on 30th Sept in Bedford. Was great fun and I am now working towards an Olympic distance. I do lots of running (including Ultras) but loved the work ion the bike and swimming. Its tough as you get to my ripe old age (50) to do new sports, but the Tri seems fairly accessible and its a very friendly community. I am not sure I could do an Ironman, so respect to you.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:52 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:16 pm
charlton837 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm

I did my first sprint Tri on 30th Sept in Bedford. Was great fun and I am now working towards an Olympic distance. I do lots of running (including Ultras) but loved the work ion the bike and swimming. Its tough as you get to my ripe old age (50) to do new sports, but the Tri seems fairly accessible and its a very friendly community. I am not sure I could do an Ironman, so respect to you.
Well done on the sprint, that's how we all start! Ive contemplated doing an ultra, was looking at the Stour Valley 50k (or maybe even the 100k) but my wife was not so keen on me doing it. Most of the Tri community is great and speaking from my experience with the Ipswich group they are brilliant at getting people involved without making it feel elitist or anything. Always very supportive of all ages and abilities too. When I joined a couple of years back I always felt and IM was not realistic for me, but I signed up to do a half, I found it very difficult but I learnt a lot. Following that I decided I really wanted to achieve one so I got myself a coach and signed up for Austria, a year of hard work (training anywhere between 10 and 15 hours a week) saw so much improvement and the IM was not as bad as I feared to be fair. One thing I have learnt is that anyone can do it, just everyone has different goals within it, if you can do an ultra you certainly could (if you wanted to obviously).

Great to start as you have and move on to Olympic distance as well, I did 2 Olympic distance this year, one in London and one in Clacton, not sure where you are based by if reasonably local I recommend Clacton, its in September, fairly cheap but well run and a nice course if weather is kind!

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Clactons not too far away, so might just give it a go... although next year is already busy for me... Ultra Tour of Arran in April (2 x 30 mile days over mountains) , The Wall in June (1 x 69 miles in a day) , Man v Coast in July, Man v Lakes in July, Man v Mountain in September.... Lots of hard miles there :shock:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:13 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm
Clactons not too far away, so might just give it a go... although next year is already busy for me... Ultra Tour of Arran in April (2 x 30 mile days over mountains) , The Wall in June (1 x 69 miles in a day) , Man v Coast in July, Man v Lakes in July, Man v Mountain in September.... Lots of hard miles there :shock:
Sorry hadn't realised you had messaged. 69 miles in a day? Ouch! All of those sound like torture to me! Good luck though, will be great fun in a sadistic kind of way I'm sure!

penlost

Post by penlost » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:33 pm

Not been here for ages, so thought I would say hello! Looking forward to this season, even got a season ticket for once!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:57 pm

penlost wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:33 pm
Not been here for ages, so thought I would say hello! Looking forward to this season, even got a season ticket for once!
Just looking and see you are a veteran (excuse the terminology :lol: ) on this site, based on when you first joined. Welcome back, always good to have more people posting.

penlost

Post by penlost » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:29 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:57 pm
penlost wrote:
Just looking and see you are a veteran (excuse the terminology :lol: ) on this site, based on when you first joined. Welcome back, always good to have more people posting.
Thank you , its been a while! Good to see the site is still going

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:42 am

Yes welcome back, always good to see new names either appearing or reappearing, stick at it.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:41 am

penlost wrote:
Welcome back, please keep posting mate