About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: About YOU!

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:21 pm

I’m feeling nostalgic, so I thought I’d share a little about my history for anyone who cares. I have dual citizenship British & American. I left England in the 80s when I was 16 years old. Graduated High school in the U.S. and joined the U.S. Navy at 20 years old. I served for approximately 13 years as a Navy photographer mostly in video and film. The last five years of my military tenure I was attached to Combat Camera in Norfolk, Virginia. I did tours in the Middle East & Bosnia, in addition to several assignments in Europe proper. I decided to depart the Navy in 1999 as I was tired of being away from my family. I
have two beautiful daughters and they are the most important accomplishments in my life. After leaving the Navy, I got hired as a TV News cameraman at the CBS affiliate in Dallas, Texas. It was a very interesting & demanding period in my life probably more so than my military experience. Fast forward 20 years, and I got laid off during the pandemic after 20 years working for CBS. It was almost welcome as I had become disenchanted with American broadcasting & news coverage, but it also created a daunting task of figuring out what was I gonna do now. Consequently I decided to leave the news business even though I had numerous job offers at other news affiliates. My youngest daughter was in dire straits, so I decided to move to Georgia where she lives. After months of unemployment even though with my news experience I was more than qualified to be hired at an Atlanta tv station, I turned down the offers as I didn’t want the stress of news anymore. I now work for Amazon processing customer orders, pack and quality control. It’s not as prosperous or exciting as being a news cameraman, but I now know what time I go to work and what time I get off. Needless to say I have supported ITFC almost 50 years, and I will continue to do so until I die.

shabba

Re: About YOU!

Post by shabba » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

That’s an interesting life indeed!