About YOU!

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: About YOU!

Post by Frosty » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 am

Welcome to the forums buddy and thanks for contributing already.

cheers Dave

kendyer

Post by kendyer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Dazza wrote:Tell us about yourself... :)
I'm Ken -been a town fan since i was very young - lived as a kid in Felixstowe - caught the 1.00 train to Ipswich for years and years till I went to college in Colchester. Now teaching in Nottingham near Forest ground (sorry to mention that name) -most of my kids support forest, county (haha), man ure or chelski....... (BUT 1 boy supports Town-Yay!!)
Don't get to many games these days -managed to get 2 of my kids to support town.
Too many memorable games to mention; but here are some:
April 1975 Ips 3 Brum 2 -my first match
1970s - Ips 7 Wba 0, Ips 1 Liverpool 0 -fantastic header by mariner, Ips 3 Barcelona 0 (Roger Osborne marked Johann Cruyff out of the game - pity it didn't happen in the 2nd leg) Ips 3 Manure 0 -the man ureites tried climbing up into the east stand upper tier - what brilliant fans they are!
....AND THEN ......
the cup run (THE CUP RUN) went to Highbury for semi final -(couldn't go to Millwall because of Piano exam that day - my elder sister went and was terrified)
....AND THEN ......
THE DAY OF DAYS MAY 6th 1978 -Ipswich 1 - should have been 4-5, arsenal 0 -we went with some mates from Bury but were in a different part of the stand so we climbed thru 2 fences -split my trousers so was very cold for the rest of the day... on the radio afterwards, the new prime minister a certain Thatcher woman said that her man of the match was Trevor Whymark -very good that seeing as he wasn't even playing.....on the way back thru london and essex we saw loads of waving fans - that was really memorable.
Loads of other excellent experiences - Ips 6 Manure 0 we missed 3 penalties in that match,
Ips 1 notts forest 0 6th round replay-Muhren scored a fantastic goal that evening - THAT is the LOUDEST I have ever heard it at FPR
Ips 3 Alkmaar 0 to win the uefa cup though we didn't actually win it till 2nd leg
More recently Ips 4 dirty leeds 2 - my brother in law who calls himself a dirty (my word) leeds fan could always dish out the insults but we went to leeds day after this match, he wouldn't eat his dinner with us!
obv the play off final , though not as many highlights since then - oh yes - apart from taking my 11 yr old daughter to derby and winning with goals from marcus bent, sixtoes peralta and martin reuser -the town fans' chants and cheering really made an excellent impression on my daughter that day!
So then lots of memories......would love there to be some more in the VERY NEAR FUTURE PLEASE!!!!!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Ken

Welcome to the forums mate and thank you for contributing straight away.

Have a great New Year

Best Wishes Dave

The Don
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by The Don » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:06 am

What Frosty said. If you're stuck for anything, feel free to contact any of the admin team for help.

I'm glad you managed to convince one of your youngsters to follow a proper side anyway. Proper parent ;)

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am

kendyer wrote:
I'm Ken -been a town fan since i was very young - lived as a kid in Felixstowe - caught the 1.00 train to Ipswich for years and years till I went to college in Colchester. Now teaching in Nottingham near Forest ground (sorry to mention that name) -most of my kids support forest, county (haha), man ure or chelski....... (BUT 1 boy supports Town-Yay!!)
Don't get to many games these days -managed to get 2 of my kids to support town.
Too many memorable games to mention; but here are some:
April 1975 Ips 3 Brum 2 -my first match
1970s - Ips 7 Wba 0, Ips 1 Liverpool 0 -fantastic header by mariner, Ips 3 Barcelona 0 (Roger Osborne marked Johann Cruyff out of the game - pity it didn't happen in the 2nd leg) Ips 3 Manure 0 -the man ureites tried climbing up into the east stand upper tier - what brilliant fans they are!
....AND THEN ......
the cup run (THE CUP RUN) went to Highbury for semi final -(couldn't go to Millwall because of Piano exam that day - my elder sister went and was terrified)
....AND THEN ......
THE DAY OF DAYS MAY 6th 1978 -Ipswich 1 - should have been 4-5, arsenal 0 -we went with some mates from Bury but were in a different part of the stand so we climbed thru 2 fences -split my trousers so was very cold for the rest of the day... on the radio afterwards, the new prime minister a certain Thatcher woman said that her man of the match was Trevor Whymark -very good that seeing as he wasn't even playing.....on the way back thru london and essex we saw loads of waving fans - that was really memorable.
Loads of other excellent experiences - Ips 6 Manure 0 we missed 3 penalties in that match,
Ips 1 notts forest 0 6th round replay-Muhren scored a fantastic goal that evening - THAT is the LOUDEST I have ever heard it at FPR
Ips 3 Alkmaar 0 to win the uefa cup though we didn't actually win it till 2nd leg
More recently Ips 4 dirty leeds 2 - my brother in law who calls himself a dirty (my word) leeds fan could always dish out the insults but we went to leeds day after this match, he wouldn't eat his dinner with us!
obv the play off final , though not as many highlights since then - oh yes - apart from taking my 11 yr old daughter to derby and winning with goals from marcus bent, sixtoes peralta and martin reuser -the town fans' chants and cheering really made an excellent impression on my daughter that day!
So then lots of memories......would love there to be some more in the VERY NEAR FUTURE PLEASE!!!!!

Hi Ken,

I was at most of the games you've referred to but likewise don't get to too many these days, although I always make sure I get to the absolute minimum of Leicester, Forest & Derby away and if nothing else gets in the way I'll go to other games within approx 1hr travelling time.

Like you I'm now living in the East Midlands and although the journey to Leicester City is a shorter distance Forest is more convenient, the added attraction is that I also have access to complimentary tickets for all Forest home games and my wife always gets me a box whenever Ipswich play at Forest.

If ever you fancy a trip see Town there are quite a few games within an hours travelling time, eg Villa last week was about 50mins. Sheffield Wed & Barnsley to the North, Peterborough to the East and Stoke City (if ever) going West are all comfortably within range, if you're up for it send me a PM and we can get it organised.

Welcome to tractorboys.com

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Always good to hear from another Town Fan.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 pm

I've posted some of this already but.... Born in Sudbury Suffolk watched Sudbury Town in the 50s with my parents, they had several ex Ipswich players. started watching Ipswich in the early 60s , had a lot of the little square programmes from that era but left them in England when I emigrated. Played in several local leagues around Sudbury, moved to Lowestoft, signed for Lowestoft Town played in the Anglian Combination for Lowestoft Town Res, played for Ashlea FC (Terry Butcher played for them too). Met the Ipswich Town Team in 1978 when they visited Pye Electric before the FA Cup Final. Met Sir Bobby Robson at a friendly game against Lowestoft Town and gave him a 1960 Arsenal vs Fulham programme when he played for Fulham alongside Jimmy Hill. Left UK in 1982 lived just outside of Toronto played in several local leagues, finished playing football about 3 years ago.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Watership Down wrote:I've posted some of this already but.... Born in Sudbury Suffolk watched Sudbury Town in the 50s with my parents, they had several ex Ipswich players. started watching Ipswich in the early 60s , had a lot of the little square programmes from that era but left them in England when I emigrated. Played in several local leagues around Sudbury, moved to Lowestoft, signed for Lowestoft Town played in the Anglian Combination for Lowestoft Town Res, played for Ashlea FC (Terry Butcher played for them too). Met the Ipswich Town Team in 1978 when they visited Pye Electric before the FA Cup Final. Met Sir Bobby Robson at a friendly game against Lowestoft Town and gave him a 1960 Arsenal vs Fulham programme when he played for Fulham alongside Jimmy Hill. Left UK in 1982 lived just outside of Toronto played in several local leagues, finished playing football about 3 years ago.
welcome to the forums buddy and thank you for posting.

just sing out if you need a hand with anything and one of us will point you in the right direction.

have a good weekend

cheers Dave

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:33 am

frostynz wrote:
Watership Down wrote:I've posted some of this already but.... Born in Sudbury Suffolk watched Sudbury Town in the 50s with my parents, they had several ex Ipswich players. started watching Ipswich in the early 60s , had a lot of the little square programmes from that era but left them in England when I emigrated. Played in several local leagues around Sudbury, moved to Lowestoft, signed for Lowestoft Town played in the Anglian Combination for Lowestoft Town Res, played for Ashlea FC (Terry Butcher played for them too). Met the Ipswich Town Team in 1978 when they visited Pye Electric before the FA Cup Final. Met Sir Bobby Robson at a friendly game against Lowestoft Town and gave him a 1960 Arsenal vs Fulham programme when he played for Fulham alongside Jimmy Hill. Left UK in 1982 lived just outside of Toronto played in several local leagues, finished playing football about 3 years ago.
welcome to the forums buddy and thank you for posting.

just sing out if you need a hand with anything and one of us will point you in the right direction.

have a good weekend

cheers Dave
Thanks for the welcome

morph

Post by morph » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:12 am

HI everyone. I was born in Ipswich. My parents moved to Bath when I was 2 and I lived there until I was 27 when I moved to Chippenham, Wiltshire. When I was 8 all my friends and family sat down to watch the '78 cup final. This was my first viewing of the team that I would grow to love and follow for the rest of my life. I was lucky enough that a local side managed to scrape into the top division and I could go and watch my beloved Ipswich play at Ashton Gate. As soon as I was old enough I would travel to Portman Road as often as possible, maybe 8 or 9 times a season. I have since been a season ticket holder for the last 15 years or so, although I cannot go every week. I tend to attend more away games as they are often closer or easier to get to. I suppose I attend about 15 home and roughly 17 away games a season. I will always support this GREAT club of ours no matter what.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 pm

morph wrote:HI everyone. I was born in Ipswich. My parents moved to Bath when I was 2 and I lived there until I was 27 when I moved to Chippenham, Wiltshire. When I was 8 all my friends and family sat down to watch the '78 cup final. This was my first viewing of the team that I would grow to love and follow for the rest of my life. I was lucky enough that a local side managed to scrape into the top division and I could go and watch my beloved Ipswich play at Ashton Gate. As soon as I was old enough I would travel to Portman Road as often as possible, maybe 8 or 9 times a season. I have since been a season ticket holder for the last 15 years or so, although I cannot go every week. I tend to attend more away games as they are often closer or easier to get to. I suppose I attend about 15 home and roughly 17 away games a season. I will always support this GREAT club of ours no matter what.

Welcome Morph, I'm sure we'll meet up sometime probably an away game I guess. Bluemike is pretty good at organising these things.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:54 am

morph wrote:HI everyone. I was born in Ipswich. My parents moved to Bath when I was 2 and I lived there until I was 27 when I moved to Chippenham, Wiltshire. When I was 8 all my friends and family sat down to watch the '78 cup final. This was my first viewing of the team that I would grow to love and follow for the rest of my life. I was lucky enough that a local side managed to scrape into the top division and I could go and watch my beloved Ipswich play at Ashton Gate. As soon as I was old enough I would travel to Portman Road as often as possible, maybe 8 or 9 times a season. I have since been a season ticket holder for the last 15 years or so, although I cannot go every week. I tend to attend more away games as they are often closer or easier to get to. I suppose I attend about 15 home and roughly 17 away games a season. I will always support this GREAT club of ours no matter what.

A belated welcome to ya

morph

Post by morph » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:

A belated welcome to ya

Very kind, thank you.

Blueboyfan

Post by Blueboyfan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi,

A'm new on here. :) My name is Steve, I'm 60 year old now, and so getting old to!!. :( When I us to be at school I supported Leeds then but I changed when Ipswich beat Leeds at Portman road in the 70's.
I'm from the Suffolk and Norfolk border near King's Lynn and I've been a town fan since then, me and my parents went to the cup final in 78 and it was great day. :D

morph

Post by morph » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Blueboyfan wrote:Hi,

A'm new on here. :) My name is Steve, I'm 60 year old now, and so getting old to!!. :( When I us to be at school I supported Leeds then but I changed when Ipswich beat Leeds at Portman road in the 70's.
I'm from the Suffolk and Norfolk border near King's Lynn and I've been a town fan since then, me and my parents went to the cup final in 78 and it was great day. :D
Welcome. I am relatively new to this board myself, but find it better than the others I have been on. Be careful of Marko, a right wind up merchant.
Welcome again, and we look forward to debating all things football with you.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Welcome, Steve......, hope you enjoy your time on the forum. The match day previews, they really are excellent, always enjoyable. Regarding Morphs opinion, and me being a wind up merchant, not so, buddy. Some of us just like having a laugh on here. There are many easily offended but on the whole, it's decent on here. Just don't f**king swear too much because the c*nts don't like that. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:25 pm

marko69 wrote:Welcome, Steve......, hope you enjoy your time on the forum. The match day previews, they really are excellent, always enjoyable. Regarding Morphs opinion, and me being a wind up merchant, not so, buddy. Some of us just like having a laugh on here, and unfortunately, some mistake a laugh for a wind up. There are many easily offended but on the whole, it's decent on here. Just don't f**king swear too much because the c*nts don't like that. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:26 pm

And welcome everyone else.

dinad578

Post by dinad578 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 am

Football is my passion and breath, nothing can stop me from playing. I use to watch most of the football matches during my free time at scholarship essay writing service. I greatly enjoy my time in this forum, became people with similar taste is a great strength. :)

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:13 am

dinad578 wrote:Football is my passion and breath, nothing can stop me from playing. I use to watch most of the football matches during my free time at scholarship essay writing service. I greatly enjoy my time in this forum, became people with similar taste is a great strength. :)

Welcome to the forums buddy and please feel free to post as we are a friendly bunch on the whole

Cheers Dave

romantractorboy

Post by romantractorboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

On the occasion of my usual yearly travel to watch English football, this year I decided to head to Portman Road for the fixture Vs. Huddesrsfield Town.
Had no particularly expectations for this short trip, but actually I found an amazingly nice and colourful town, a beautiful ground and a huge passion frome the fans for their own side. Of course, that beautiful sunny Saturday I found helped a lot...
Most of all, I knew ITFC ha a certain tradition in football (I remember a round match in the 1982-83 UEFA CUP against Roma), but I discovered much more than I knew about it.
Longing to be there again next year.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:56 am

romantractorboy wrote:
On the occasion of my usual yearly travel to watch English football, this year I decided to head to Portman Road for the fixture Vs. Huddesrsfield Town.
Had no particularly expectations for this short trip, but actually I found an amazingly nice and colourful town, a beautiful ground and a huge passion frome the fans for their own side. Of course, that beautiful sunny Saturday I found helped a lot...
Most of all, I knew ITFC ha a certain tradition in football (I remember a round match in the 1982-83 UEFA CUP against Roma), but I discovered much more than I knew about it.
Longing to be there again next year.
Welcome to the forums mate, just let me know if you need assistance with anything

cheers Dave

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Welcome to all the newcomers

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:22 pm

my name is Quasar and I am a deaf tw@t

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:03 pm

What was that you said there?

jackscat

Post by jackscat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 am

First time ever at doing anything like this - i have never taken to social media. I'm not close enough to anyone that I'd care to track them down but this intrigues me. The one constant in my life has been the Town. My Dad took to me to my first game in 1962 when they won the championship. I was 8. We beat Wolves 3-2. I have traveled the world several times via my career and for the past 28 years have lived in the USA. Wherever I am on game day I somehow find out the score. It's very easy nowadays but in the old days overseas trying to tune into the BBC on short wave could be a nightmare. I didn't miss many games in the 60s, 70s and 80s except when I was at sea but since then I haven't been to a game. (it's on my bucket list).

The fact that the EPL is now broadcast live in the states has rekindled my interest in football hence me joining this forum. I am praying that next season I will see my Town live on TV at home in Texas.

Dad was also a lifetime supporter and I have some interesting memorabilia in a box including a program from 1936 and his original supporters club card. Fond memories of Dad there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 am

Huge welcome to the forum, Jackscat. Those must be great memories.

You will need to speak with Charnwood regarding the memorabilia. I know that he is a collector of ITFC memorabilia. Compare stuff!

Keep posting, buddy.

jackscat

Post by jackscat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 am

marko69 wrote:Huge welcome to the forum, Jackscat. Those must be great memories.

You will need to speak with Charnwood regarding the memorabilia. I know that he is a collector of ITFC memorabilia. Compare stuff!

Keep posting, buddy.
I'm currently way out of town in Singapore but will dig them up and figure out a way to scan some stuff in when i get home

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:10 am

jackscat wrote:
marko69 wrote:Huge welcome to the forum, Jackscat. Those must be great memories.

Keep posting, buddy.
I'm currently way out of town in Singapore but will dig them up and figure out a way to scan some stuff in when i get home

A warm welcome to the forum buddy, just sing out if you need any assistance in using the forum

cheers Dave

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:26 pm

jackscat wrote:

Keep posting, buddy.

Welcome in!