League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Wigan Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will we fare against the League leaders?

Town Win
15%
Wigan Win
46%
Draw
38%

Total votes: 13

rossi

Re: League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Wigan Athletic Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by rossi » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:19 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:56 am
Good shout for Donacien too how refreshing is it that we have Burns, Walton, Woolfy, Donacien and Morsy all as genuine contenders, in years gone by its been the bloody tea lady or hot dog seller.
I'd probably rate only 3 of them as genuine contenders, Mike, in the following order for the following reasons:

1. Walton - solid and dependable, more responsible for keeping us in games than anybody else
2. Donacien - good solid consistent season
3, Woolfy - super consistent after the first few games, and always looking to move forward
Morsy - good season in the main apart from a few off games, let himself down with suspensions, needs to acquire self-discipline
Burns - wonderful on his day and when he feels he can beat the defender, but a one-trick pony too easily frozen out of the game. Needs to work on his delivery of the ball

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:53 am

This is why its great to have these discussions. The array of differing views.
Rossi, re Burns; you’re like me on a Hibs chat. Fans rave about Nisbet and Hibs missing him since he got injured. 🤷‍♂️ Nope, not for me. Scoring 1 in 28 chances isn’t good.
Wouldn’t mind if he left the club.

Having said all of the above……. Hopefully if Ipswich DO sort out the left, MacBonne could be better. Would be unfortunate for the lad if KMcK binned him. Early season goals suggests he can finish. Maybe he thrives off others in the team being confident. Hoping it happens @ Ipswich for McAuley.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:08 am

Do you what Marko, even taking Bonnes goals into account I think he's crap tbh, his all-round game is woeful, I just feel he had a lucky run earlier in the season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Thats very unfortunate. Would’ve been good to have a local Ipswich lad making the grade @ his home town club.

Vast majority of club players these days are just dudes doing their job……. No connections. Like Matt Doherty laughing after a crushing cup final loss…… not a care in the world.

Happy to be in the minority in hoping he improves over a summer. By October, QPR take him back, sell him on for £25M!

Had a sip of RedBull @ lunch.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:53 pm

He's a great lad and I'd love him to prove me wrong, sadly I don't think he will.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:02 pm

Don't think we can let sentiment rule our head with Bonne. He's got a Championship contract and we've got to juggle our budget. We blow too much on him, we might have to go bargain basement on others. 1 goal in the last 20 odd games is hardly knocking down the door.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 pm

1 goal in 27 is Freddie Sears level except Freddie did it twice

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:38 pm

Hopefully Bonne will go back to QPR. Norwood will be released and Piggott sold.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:15 am

Piggott looked slow and had poor body language the last time he had any game time (Oxford away). In fact, he didn't look slow, he was positively sedentary. Its a shame but with Bonne originally on fire, he was kept out. Then his father died and he has not had the chances but even with that all said, I think he needs to move on. I will wish him well and he may even come back and do a 'Will Keane' on us but he has to go...

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:29 am

BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:43 pm
Piggot could be good. He needs to be told hes got 90 mins guaranteed for 10 matches and he'll do well.
He needs to earn the right to be told that - and thus far he has shown nothing that would indicate it would be a viable proposition.