Dont get too upset, Ash

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Dont get too upset, Ash

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:49 pm

AzzurroMark

Re: Dont get too upset, Ash

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 pm

You just beat me to it. Prior to this news I'd have liked to see him get a run out in one of our "dead rubber" games, but not now!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:26 pm

And that's why he was never gonna get a game, not committed to the club so jog on.........

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Agents again I expect turned his head he looks promising but 11 goals in that league is around the same as Aaron Drinan and how many of these young players do come good not many.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:36 pm

The boy is being misadvised unfortunately

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:44 pm

He was shipped out to better him and push his career forward, its common practice not a punishment.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:33 am

If he feels he will get better opportunities to play at a different club, then I don't blame him. I'm sure most if not all of us on here would put our own interests before loyalty to an employer.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 am

If its purely the fact he feels its a better chance to play then yes deffo, its just a bit sad he doesn't back his own ability to make the grade here, I still feel he is being badly advised.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:44 am

Personally, I'd activate the 1 year clause, and see who come's in for him.(we'd get more in a transfer than a compensation fee)

If no one does, leave him in the U23, and see the contract out. Yes we'd have to pay him, but I just see him as a petulant child thinking he's better than he actually is, And his agents have turned his head saying you can get more money if you move on.

Lets face it Cardiff were interested when MM was in charge, because he knew the lad and knew he'd fit in with his style of play. But I don't see any clubs higher than us banging the door down.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:17 pm

Sort of spewing for Ash that he didn’t get a game. :lol:

If you were his agent Ashfordblue, he’d have had 10 goals by now & ITFC would be in the play-offs. 👍👍

ASHtag: believe!

And hats off to you Ashfordblue for being the UK’s biggest Covid Vaccine Supporter.

ashtag: ‘mon the Jags!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Ash will get the joke 👍

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:17 pm

If you were his agent Ashfordblue, he’d have had 10 goals by now & ITFC would be in the play-offs. 👍👍

And hats off to you Ashfordblue for being the UK’s biggest Covid Vaccine Supporter.

:lol: :lol: Well put Marko I'm feeling a bit like the Jags up and down form-wise :cry:
BUT re My comments on the Simmo situation Why the F**K Recall him from his progress games at Swindon when he's doing very well with 11 goals and not give him a chance in the 1st team where we have muppets for strikers that can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, In My estimation forgetting his contract, etc, was a bad move by the Ipswich management, If they weren't going to play him then let him return to Swindon not the bloody under 23's, this has similar connotations to the Jordan Rhodes, Connor Wickham, Jack Marriott, Nick Pope, plus others that have slipped through the net to go and perform better for other clubs and I can see yet another one in Simpson slipping through the net, act on his one-year extension and send him out to Swindon again or F*****G play him, as it stands I think KM and Ashton are one brick short of a stack sence wise, I mean who in their right mind has 4 strikers in the 1st team squad that have proved their completely F*****G useless at scoring and they wont give the lad Simpson a bloody chance to show what he can do. very bad management He could have been the answer we were looking for and just possibly got us into the playoffs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:38 pm

Ash, the article says he made it clear some time ago that he wanted away so it would have been very bad management to play him.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:05 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:21 pm
marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:17 pm

:lol: :lol: Well put Marko I'm feeling a bit like the Jags up and down form-wise :cry:
BUT re My comments on the Simmo situation Why the F**K Recall him from his progress games at Swindon when he's doing very well with 11 goals and not give him a chance in the 1st team where we have muppets for strikers that can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, In My estimation forgetting his contract, etc, was a bad move by the Ipswich management, If they weren't going to play him then let him return to Swindon not the bloody under 23's, this has similar connotations to the Jordan Rhodes, Connor Wickham, Jack Marriott, Nick Pope, plus others that have slipped through the net to go and perform better for other clubs and I can see yet another one in Simpson slipping through the net, act on his one-year extension and send him out to Swindon again or F*****G play him, as it stands I think KM and Ashton are one brick short of a stack sence wise, I mean who in their right mind has 4 strikers in the 1st team squad that have proved their completely F*****G useless at scoring and they wont give the lad Simpson a bloody chance to show what he can do. very bad management He could have been the answer we were looking for and just possibly got us into the playoffs.
For all the youngsters who slipped through the net, there's far more youngsters released who never made it or we kept them here too long. Wickham didn't slip through the net as we got good money for him. Simpson is different - it's a contractual/ money issue. He thinks he's worth more money and the club feel differently. Mckenna has seen him in training so he can judge what he might bring to the side. Maybe he doesn't rate him.

Not agreeing that it's just our strikers that are the problem. We don't create enough chances. There's more to work on than just change the strikers.

It does feel a bit messy and it might have been better all-round to let him stay at Swindon - but we're still paying probably a large chunk of his wages whilst at Swindon. Why should he and Swindon have everything their own way? Although he might have scored another 11 goals and increased his price tag. Or he might have bombed in the second half of the season and his value might have decreased. We know that strikers - especially young ones - are inconsistent. Bonne has gone from a 5 million striker to 250k striker in just a few months. We've got a young striker that another club might take a punt on based on a good half a season so we might get a few quid for him.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:48 am

Activate his year extension, then give him away for free or a small fee with a 50 percent sell on clause this summer.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:51 am

Who thinks he's worth more than he is; the agent or himself? If the latter, is he on camera saying this anywhere @ Ipswich or Swindon? Or is it speculation?

Maybe he just doesn't like the town of Ipswich in general and wants away?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Marko, if we are judging it on the Town of Ipswich then no f*cker would play for us cus its fast becoming a run down slum full of undesirable scum.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:46 pm

:lol: I was meaning more on a homesickness level and not the nick of the town or any undesirables. All cities / Towns in that bracket unfortunately these days. :(

EDIT: Just wiki’d: He’s FROM Ipswich. Oh dear. 🤦‍♂️
Ok, agreed. sh*t-hole! :lol:

I just want to know if he’s ever said that in the media. “I’m worth more.”
We need to start asking these questions. There is so much fake news out there that people just seem to go along and believe stuff…… then unfair opinions develop of a person.

My dough would be on the agent being an a$$hole, …., as has been said on here, …. He’s being poorly advised.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:39 pm

I don't think he has publicly come out and said anything like that no.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:46 pm
:lol: I was meaning more on a homesickness level and not the nick of the town or any undesirables. All cities / Towns in that bracket unfortunately these days. :(

EDIT: Just wiki’d: He’s FROM Ipswich. Oh dear. 🤦‍♂️
Ok, agreed. sh*t-hole! :lol:

I just want to know if he’s ever said that in the media. “I’m worth more.”
We need to start asking these questions. There is so much fake news out there that people just seem to go along and believe stuff…… then unfair opinions develop of a person.

My dough would be on the agent being an a$$hole, …., as has been said on here, …. He’s being poorly advised.
Exactly Marco nail hit on head