Hibs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Hibs

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:22 am

Former Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane is reportedly interested in the managerial vacancy at Hibernian.

Keane hasn’t managed since leaving Town in January of 2011, holding assistant roles with the Republic of Ireland, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest before a full-time move into punditry.

But he’s been searching for a return to management for several months, being interviewed by former club Sunderland before Alex Neil ultimately replaced Lee Johnson earlier this season.

Now, according to The Sun, he has expressed an interest in the Hibs jobs, following Shaun Maloney’s recent exit. Maloney and Keane played together at Celtic.

Thoughts on this Marko?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Hibs

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:00 am

RIP Hibs.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:35 am

Oh no
Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:22 am
Thoughts on this Marko?
I hope the site's swear filter it up to date and on form.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:10 am

Lmao 🤣

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:27 pm

They could hire Stein, Ferguson and McLean together and it wouldn't make a hell of lot difference. Same goes for any team outside the two main Glasgow club names, they hold the league in an iron grip. Been that way for as long as many can remember, it's not going to change any time soon. Best objective here is Cup competition, hell they nearly made it once again if not for defeat to rivals Heart of Midlothian a few days back.

Keane seems to have been out of the game too long in a full managerial capacity. Have to question if possesses the same desire and ambition of once before. I think the people at Easter Road would allow it the chance if only for wonder of what could be or bringing a (once) high-profile name on board but wasn't the case with us. Got to imagine the SPL would present a more leisurely pace than the hustle of overseeing matters in say the Second League of English "football". But his time seems to have passed once again, not sure if the same once determination is evident this time around.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Yes, this has been the speculation since the day after Shaun was sacked. Been largely ignoring it hoping it’ll go away but it has gained momentum.

For completely different personal family reasons, we haven’t purchased season tickets for next season……. But had there been no issues, I certainly wouldn’t have been purchasing if King C**t gets the job. Not a chance. Can’t think off the top of my head a bigger arsehole in the football world. He’ll certainly get worse treatment here if it goes wrong. Ipswich will have been like an Oasis holiday park in comparison.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:16 pm
Yes, this has been the speculation since the day after Shaun was sacked. Been largely ignoring it hoping it’ll go away but it has gained momentum.

For completely different personal family reasons, we haven’t purchased season tickets for next season……. But had there been no issues, I certainly wouldn’t have been purchasing if King C**t gets the job. Not a chance. Can’t think off the top of my head a bigger arsehole in the football world. He’ll certainly get worse treatment here if it goes wrong. Ipswich will have been like an Oasis holiday park in comparison.
It seems we both have the same opinion of Keane 👍😂😂 but we're not alone.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:59 pm

I agree with your post, Saint.
Two things though.
1. Scotlands situation is no different to any other nation, (maybe except, England).
Celtic /Rangers
Porto /Benfica
Bayern /Dortmund
Real/Barca
Juve/both Milans
Psg / Lyon/ Marseille
Zagreb / Split
Zurich / Basel
And there are other countries across the globe with a main two. Always has been, always will be.

2. Fans of Hibs know its 3rd place to strive for. Since the foreigner rule was scrapped and both Murray & McCann completely fkd the scottish game even more, (eliminating the Aberdeens and also something Fergie saw coming) the game for “the others” has been a “”go for 3rd place and get pumped in 1st round of euro qualifiers”” type scenario. We’re used to it.
It also makes the victories over the top two more sweeter when they happen, especially in a cup final.
No better feeling that bursting the coupons of the old firm.
Thats ^^^^^ a betting slip i mean!

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 pm

Keane did a very good job with Sunderland. He was bloody awful for us.

He might have learned a lesson from that experience and his subsequent stints as assistant manager might just have opened his eyes to the reality of managing players who are not top tier premiership talent.

I wouldn't write him off coming back into management and doing a good job. Having said that, I would hate to see him at Hibs. They are my team in Scotland and that c**t would be a terrible appointment. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:50 pm

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:23 pm
I would hate to see him at Hibs. They are my team in Scotland and that c**t would be a terrible appointment.
Commentator voice: “And we were going to have the “Truest Words Ever Spoken, EVER”
Championships, but it appears MasseyFerguson has won the title before it even started!”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Is Tamis Priskin still playing?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 pm

Tangfastic wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:53 pm
Is Tamis Priskin still playing?
With a bit of luck……… 40 goals a season in the SPL ! 👍👌

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:57 am

Attempted to find a Scots 'football' standalone thread through archives, namely a particular one, but it wasn't to be found. It's hiding out there somewhere but time is short.

Point being, there was sensational news from the Scots Cup today with arguably the biggest surprise in it's near 150 year history of participation when Darvel (I don't even recognize this team) got a win over SPL opposition Aberdeen in the Scots Cup Round of Four a few hours earlier. The teams are separated by like six divisions and hell knows how many actual league placings in-between.

Why the game wasn't switched to Pittodrie not quite sure, or at least a neutral venue, but whatever fans filled the Recreation Park stadium got to witness Scotland's arguable greatest shock result in the history of competition. I feel sympathy for Dons, they haven't won the damn thing since 1990 (32 / 33 years for a club of that stature is something bizarre) and whatever chance they had this year, has ended in real embarrassment and disaster. Only real Scot's soccer enthusiasts can or will really take notice, however whether you're for it or not, this is, in truth, something monumental.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ ... e-29032087

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:23 am

Thread title: FKN SHYTE

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:32 am

Unbelievable result, up there with Berwick Rangers humbling the mighty Rangers.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:36 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:59 pm
Two things though.
1. Scotlands situation is no different to any other nation, (maybe except, England).
Celtic /Rangers
Porto /Benfica
Bayern /Dortmund
Real/Barca
Juve/both Milans
Psg / Lyon/ Marseille
Zagreb / Split
Zurich / Basel
And there are other countries across the globe with a main two. Always has been, always will be.

2. Fans of Hibs know its 3rd place to strive for. Since the foreigner rule was scrapped and both Murray & McCann completely fkd the scottish game even more, (eliminating the Aberdeens and also something Fergie saw coming) the game for “the others” has been a “”go for 3rd place and get pumped in 1st round of euro qualifiers”” type scenario. We’re used to it.
It also makes the victories over the top two more sweeter when they happen, especially in a cup final.
Don't forget in America they are world series champions when only Americans enter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:43 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:36 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:59 pm
Two things though.
Celtic /Rangers
Porto /Benfica
Bayern /Dortmund
Real/Barca
Juve/both Milans
Psg / Lyon/ Marseille
Zagreb / Split
Zurich / Basel

Don't forget in America they are world series champions when only Americans enter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes……. And last year the Rams won the superbowl……. The podium banner proclaimed , “World Champions” 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:59 pm

In 15 years + don't recall a standalone Aberdeen club name / team thread item so going to include it here. It's Scots "football" after all and got no need or inclination in starting a new topic just to fit it in.

Point being they had another significant loss last night. 3 - 1 home reverse to St Mirren and a player sent off for good measure. The Paisley team won it late on inside last remaining nine minutes when scores up until that stage were still level.

That's a Cup loss to some opposition team I never heard of, a 6 - 0 league defeat days after and now this latest bummer. In all truth do feel sympathy for the fans there as they do deserve better. Hold the maybe unwanted honor of being the the last club name outside of Glasgow to be League Champions but you got to go back to 1985 to realize it. Fans of a certain age can recall they were one of the best teams not only in scotland but all Europe. Kids, they beat Real Madrid in a European Final not too far back, some of a certain age would never believe it.

they won't be relegated, not sure they ever have been, but the club's in something of a real mess right now. Recall when McInnes was manager, thought he did a really good job for a time, considered him here when one of our managerial positons were vacant at one or time or another but lost track of employment history after that. They are, at time of writing, some 30 points off second position in the SPL. It's a shame once again but fans of a certain age can recall when they really put something together and made big impact on both the domestic and European scene.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:54 pm

arana peligrosa wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:59 pm
In 15 years + don't recall a standalone Aberdeen club name / team thread item so going to include it here. It's Scots "football" after all and got no need or inclination in starting a new topic just to fit it in.

Point being they had another significant loss last night. 3 - 1 home reverse to St Mirren and a player sent off for good measure. The Paisley team won it late on inside last remaining nine minutes when scores up until that stage were still level.

That's a Cup loss to some opposition team I never heard of, a 6 - 0 league defeat days after and now this latest bummer. In all truth do feel sympathy for the fans there as they do deserve better. Hold the maybe unwanted honor of being the the last club name outside of Glasgow to be League Champions but you got to go back to 1985 to realize it. Fans of a certain age can recall they were one of the best teams not only in scotland but all Europe. Kids, they beat Real Madrid in a European Final not too far back, some of a certain age would never believe it.

they won't be relegated, not sure they ever have been, but the club's in something of a real mess right now. Recall when McInnes was manager, thought he did a really good job for a time, considered him here when one of our managerial positons were vacant at one or time or another but lost track of employment history after that. They are, at time of writing, some 30 points off second position in the SPL. It's a shame once again but fans of a certain age can recall when they really put something together and made big impact on both the domestic and European scene.
Cup Winners Cup 81/82…….. and, they also knocked out UEFA CUP Holders Ipswich Town in 82/83
Fergie was basically the Scottish version of Sir Bobby.